La Paz Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in La Paz

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Park 'N Fly La Paz

by Agraichen Updated May 19, 2016

Favorite thing: Airport parking in most any city is a pain. Leaving your vehicle a the, typically, open air, long term parking at most airports leaves the vehicle exposed the elements. While this might be good for a quick 1-2 day trip, there are typically more economical opportunities.

Park "N Fly La Paz is not much to look at from the street, but once inside the secure, alarmed, gates, you find rows of covered parking that are monitored 24x7.

The proprietors are bilingual, friendly and the fees are very reasonable. Your vehicle is parked in a covered area, you are provided with a shuttle to and from the airport and the cost is only $5.00 (US) per day.

The facility is located on the south side of Carretera Aeropuerto, the road in to the La Paz airport at Km 0.5, pretty much just as you turn off Highway 1 to the entrance to the airport. Telephone contact is 612 124 6504. Email storagemx@yahoo.com.

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Helpful Veterinaria

by Agraichen Written Dec 27, 2015

Favorite thing: Finding dog and cat food in small villages and towns in the Baja can be very difficult. This is especially true when the animals are on prescription diets. I normally bring a couple months supply at a minimum as it sometimes takes that long for our local Vet to get a supply in.

While traveling to the San Jose del Cabo airport I stopped in San Jose for the evening and went to the local veterinaria store. They had the cat food I needed but only a few cans. They suggested that a stop in La Paz on my trip north would be more fruitful.

A search of La Paz found a Vet just a couple blocks from our hotel. The owner indicated he had none at the store but did have some in his warehouse and could have a case in 10 minutes if I could wait. Ten minutes later he had the item, offered me his business card and said that if I called a week or so prior to my next trip he could get as much as I needed shipped in. He also said that he had successfully been able to ship to the smaller towns if there was a location with a "real address" to receive the item (this may sound strange to most people but shipping in the Baja can be "interesting" at best.")

Needless to say I'll be using this Vet again in the future.

Clinica Veterinaria MADERO

Mvz. Dipl. Hilda Elizondo
    Mvz. Tomas Rodriguez
    Tel. 612-122-5662
    Urgencias (Emergency) 612-117-6118

Address:
    Revolucion 2170
    Entre Navarro y 5 de Febrero
    Col. Centro, La Paz, B.C.S.

• Chark's Profile Photo

Good Fishing

by Chark Written Apr 1, 2005

Favorite thing: Good fishing on both the gulf and Pacific side of Baja. We traveled in October, weather was very nice fishing was fair. Decent for dorado, sometimes tuna, more often known for moderate marlin and sailfish.

Dorado
    • Fishing

• pigletsmom's Profile Photo

Great Seafood

by pigletsmom Updated Feb 25, 2005

Favorite thing: I really thought the food in La Paz was excellent. I did not have a bad meal during the entire week.

Fondest memory: I stayed at the La Concha which had a great restaurant, but every place had good food. I loved the shrimp cocktails, the fajias, the fish with garlic and butter, plus the flan. The Mexican breakfasts were really good too. Excellent refried beans. God this is making me hungry.

Check out my Trevi Italy restaurant tip page for another shrimp cocktail experience.

Shrimp cocktail anyone?

• diver-x's Profile Photo

You must experience the Sea of...

by diver-x Updated Oct 10, 2002

Favorite thing: You must experience the Sea of Cortez on the eastern side of the Baja Peninsula. The water is very calm (when the wind is down) and north of La Paz, boats are very few and far between. Very seldom did we see other boats not in our party. We felt as if the Sea was ours alone! A trip to Baja is great by any kind of boat.

Fondest memory: My best memories are of seeing all the wildlife. A coyote greeted me one morning at our beach bano. During an evening swim, a sea lion poked his head up at us just a few yards away. We saw many whales and dolphins, including an encounter with a school of HUNDREDS of dolphins! We snorkeled with sea lions at Los Islotes and saw a wide variety of birds and fish across the entire trip.

• o00o's Profile Photo

IMMIGRATION > Trevellers...

by o00o Written Aug 25, 2002

Favorite thing: IMMIGRATION >

Trevellers from US need a valid passport and a tourist card available at the border. Trevellers from other countries should check with a Mexican consulate or embassy. Basiccally, short stay for not longer than 72 hours needn't any tourist visa.

• malecon's Profile Photo

UDO - Unidentified Drying Objects

by malecon Written Apr 12, 2006

Favorite thing: While on the roof of my hotel enjoying the scenery I came across these little slug like objects drying in the sun. I have no idea what they are but I'm glad I didn't eat in the restaurant.

Instant Answers: La Paz

Comments

La Paz Favorites

Reviews and photos of La Paz favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for La Paz sightseeing.