map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

VIP Nightclub Tour in Puerto Vallarta
"Meet your local nightlife guide in downtown Puerto Vallarta to head to your first club located on the bustling Malecon. Skip the entrance line and follow your guide straight inside with your VIP access. Grab a drink from the open bar and hit the dance floor where some of the best DJs in Mexico keep the crowd pumped up. Or sip a tropical cocktail while you admire views of the moonlit Caribbean. When your feet need a rest head to your reserved table to take a breather or enjoy bottle service which is included at some venues (not guaranteed). You’ll visit a total of three venues such as La Vaquita The Zoo Nightclub Hilo and Señor Frog's. These change each night
From $89.00

VIP Nightclub Tour in Puerto Vallarta
From $89.00

Puerto Vallarta City and Shopping Tour with Tequila Distillery
"If you have never been to Puerto Vallarta before this tour is a nice introduction to some of the main attractions there. You will get to learn what Puerto Vallarta looks like be able to do some shopping and taste the local flavors. The tour starts in the north side of the city as you visit the famous boardwalk of Puerto Vallarta or malecón and see the many statues lining the water including the Whale Statue and the Sea Horse Statue. You will then visit El Palacio Municipal (City Hall) the main square and more city landmarks including la Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe (the Church of Our Lady of  Guadalupe) Gringo Gulch and a glass shop. You'll have some time to stroll on your own and do some shopping. Your tour continues south along the Bay as you pass by Concha’s Chinas making a stop to take some pictures and admire the wonderful view overlooking Los Arcos and
From $30.00

Shopping Tips (8)

Use pesos for everything

Favorite thing One of the first things you learn when visiting Mexico is that you can stretch your dollar even more if you pay everything in Mexican pesos instead of US dollars. Try to negotiate your hotel room price in pesos instead of US dollars.

Even when you buy stuff you will get a much better price if you negotiate everything in pesos instead of US dollars. In Puerto Vallarta there are plenty of places where you can exchange US dollars for Mexican pesos at a good rate, so go for it and don't even think twice about paying in US dollars.

monica71's Profile Photo
monica71
Oct 02, 2009

Barter System still in place in PV

Favorite thing The vendors on the beach in PV are usually the cheapest route to get your goods. They have lots of clothes etc.. Silver is cheap too...But they say it is not the best silver but I try to look it over and I have got some good stuff on the beach.. They sell t-shirts, blankets etc too. The more you buy at once the better deal you get... I went together with a lady I met at the resort I was at and we always got good deals!!! I

Fondest memory The Beach is what I miss when I leave Mexico. The sound of the ocean waves, the smell of the salt water and the sand I miss it all!!!
I miss the people I meet when I go and I always make more friends...The vendors are interesting and funny!!!! They will say anything to make a sale...

mazatlanfan's Profile Photo
mazatlanfan
Apr 20, 2005

Street Vendors

Favorite thing I would not recommend spending a lot of time at all the different shops as they almost all sell the same itmes. Their prices seemed to vary a little, but not too much. I think the nicest place to shop the vendors is under the bridge. It is next to a stream and there are large trees creating a canopy over the pathway. It is a relaxing stroll that you can take and shop at the same time.

Fondest memory THis is not my fondest memory, i just want to point you in the right direction. The bridge is located about a block south of the city center square.

meeshelmybelle's Profile Photo
meeshelmybelle
Nov 16, 2004

Street Vendors

Favorite thing Downtown PV is definitly a tourist area. There are so many little booths and shops everywhere. I wouldnt recommend spening a lot of time at all the shops, as they mostly all have the same items. A pretty area to shop the vendors is under the bridge. There is a little stream next to it and the pathways is draped by trees.

meeshelmybelle's Profile Photo
meeshelmybelle
Nov 16, 2004

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Puerto Vallarta

Hotels
Francisco I. Madero #336 col., Emiliano Zapata, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48380, Mexico
Paseo Diaz Ordaz #901, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48300, Mexico
Morelos, 170, Col. Centro, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48300, Mexico
Hidalgo 166 Centro, Entre calles Libertad y Agustín Rodríguez, 48300
Paraguay 1117, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48350, Mexico
Uruguay 127, Col. 5 de Diciembre, 48350

Money Woes.

Favorite thing I only take a small amount of cash ans travellers' cheques when I go to Mexico. I use only 1 credit card that's insured and quickly replaced if lost or stolen. Generally I carry this card with my passport in a waterproof pouch which I keep in my velcro pocket in my shorts. To avoid credit card surcharges I get extra cash from bank machines daily and use my credit card for most purchases. To exchange Canadian dollars to USD then the local exchange rate, I found that I lose too much in the exchange, where my credit card exchange the money from pesos to CDN much cheaper. When I get home I pay all my receipts immediately and avoid any additional interest or surcharges. The banks in Mexico are open more often than in my town so a little stroll down to the bank is worth the little effort required.

FishinSam's Profile Photo
FishinSam
Feb 01, 2004

INTERNET and CALLING HOME

Favorite thing There are numerous internet cafes here in PV so you can stay in touch with friends-family at home. Cost is about 2USD for one hour or so. The original - and I think the best is the NetCafe located on Ignacio Vallarta in Old Town. Very popular place, good coffee and staff and open from around 7am til about 3am!

If you want to call home, best to buy one of the phone cards sold nearly everywhere! Follow instructions are the back of the card and talk til your time runs out which will be about 12 to 15 minutes. Absolutely STAY AWAY from the phones that say Call Home Collect using your credit cards! A huge scam and you will have gigantic charges on your card when you get home!

SHOPPING

Favorite thing For your silver buys, I would highly recommend visiting Roberto. He has a small stand located in the small park in Los Muertos - a short distance down from Daquiri Dicks Restaurant and before Burros Bar. Roberto used to work on the beach and has become very popular with return visitors. He has quality silver and if he does not have what you are looking for, he will find it! He usually wears a big cowboy hat.

BEST BUYS

Favorite thing You will be in shoppers heaven here! Best buys include leather products, blown glass, wood carvings, silver, gold, tequila, kahlua, pottery. to name a few.

Top 5 Puerto Vallarta Writers

jamiesno's Profile Photo

jamiesno

"Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!"
mjd74's Profile Photo

mjd74

"Really Explore Puerto Vallarta"
richmalak's Profile Photo

richmalak

"Essential PV"

extremist

"Long time in Returning to Puerto Vallarta!!!"
spartan's Profile Photo

spartan

"Still the "Real Deal""

Things to Do Near Puerto Vallarta

El Eden

"The Predator" movie set is a tourist attraction where you can see the helicopter that was blown up in the movie. I never liked the movie that much, but I must admit that the movie location in the...

Whale Watching

If you come to Vallarta between December and February and you have never gone whale watching, I would strongly recommend this kind of tour. There are already some whales in November (as they are just...

Bucerias

Bucerias is a small fishing village filled with culture. Restaurants line the beach and overlook the water. they have great deals. We sat there for quite a while. We got 25 Coronas, 2 Margaritas and 2...

Los Arcos

Los Arcos is the name given to the three huge rocks just off shore near Mismaloya. The name Los Arcos (The Arches) comes from the arching caves and grottoes that have been carved out by time and the...

Getting to Puerto Vallarta

Address

We don't yet have an address for this General. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this General. Help us improve our info!

Map