Map &

VIP Nightclub Tour in Puerto Vallarta
From $89.00
Puerto Vallarta City and Shopping Tour with Tequila Distillery
From $30.00

Chico's Paradise Restaurant, Bar & Grill Tips (9)

Bad ending

The food was great and the zipline was fun until I hit the platform at 30 miles an hour and broke my tailbone in half and all the nerves in my butt are numb. Also, my backside was bruised even down my thighs for three months and I couldn't sit down. It has been 10 months and still isn't healed and I could have been parylized. They did nothing about it so I donot reccomend it. DONT GO THERE!

Jul 18, 2011

Chicos Paradis: Enjoy the view while you dine...

This restaurant tucked away just inside the Sierra Madre and about 30 minutes from downtown, is a sight to see.....the scenery was beautiful on the way....and the restaurant itself did not disappoint the eyes or ears, as there were waterfalls, cliff divers, and guitar music to enjoy as we waited for our meal.....I...and although the restaurant was full it was so peaceful and quiet here,......I guess everyone, like us was just lookin'......whenever you are in Puerto Vallarta , ya have to go down south to this one....!!!

Favorite Dish I had the traditional beef enchiladas along with beans and rice, and of course a salt....on the rocks....and let me tell ya...this was really some good Mex-Mex

searchn348's Profile Photo
Jun 20, 2011

Chico's Paradise Restaurant, Bar & Grill: HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

The restaraunt is about 1 hour away (by bus) from the city. By Taxi will cost about $10-15. We took the bus to get a better local look but regreted it. You need to re-board different buses. Our travel agent highly suggested this place. One we got there it took about 10 mins to even be seated (restaurant was emtpy). From the start the staff was rude and seemed annoyed that we were there to eat. We rushed at every stage of the dinning experience and it left us with a very sour taste (especially since we traveled so much to get there). The food quality was just o.k, the servce sub-standard and the prices OBNOXIOUS. Entres start at around $25 for basic Mexican dishes. The only thing the place had going was the beautiful view on a river although there are other restaurants in the same area and there are many other nice views in PV.

Favorite Dish the salsa was good

Apr 04, 2011

Chico's Paradise Restaurant, Bar & Grill: CHILL OUT TIME

Some people say, "It is too far from the center of Puerto Vallarta". Other's say, "There are hundreds of Mexican restaurants in Puerto Vallarta, choose one in town". Sorry!!! You haven't enjoyed the feel of laid back, sip a margarita, hear the river flow, watch the canopy ride overhead, listened to the strum of a guitar under the giant palapa, and eaten salsa and guacamole until the chips run out, until you sit at a table by the river at Chico's Paradise. Wuff. I have to catch my breath and slow down. This is what a vacation, holiday, weekend away, whatever you wish to call it, is made of. Paradise, it may not be, but it feels like heaven should.

If you like atmosphere, ambience, and Mexican food, then Chico's is the place. The only drawback is that they only take cash. CASH. No credit card. At first, I thought, "forget it". I am thrilled that I came to my senses and agreed to go. Cash is available in Puerto Vallarta with a credit card if you didn't bring enough with you. Bring a few extra dollars or pesos for the singers. That twaing of the strings of a guitar with a high C "Cu-Cu-Rru-Cu-Cu Paloma" makes the margarita go down....muy suavemente.

Favorite Dish One very large, potent, and satisfying Margarita on the rocks. Add a little guacamole with chips and the time slides by. They have a mexican plate that fills your desire for mexican food with a delicious chile relano, enchilada, steak strip, burrito, rice and beans. Ole!

travelgourmet's Profile Photo
Oct 26, 2010
Sponsored Listings

Hotels in Puerto Vallarta

Francisco I. Madero #336 col., Emiliano Zapata, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48380, Mexico
Paseo Diaz Ordaz #901, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48300, Mexico
Morelos, 170, Col. Centro, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48300, Mexico
Hidalgo 166 Centro, Entre calles Libertad y Agustín Rodríguez, 48300
Paraguay 1117, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48350, Mexico
Uruguay 127, Col. 5 de Diciembre, 48350

Chico's Paradise Restaurant, Bar & Grill: What a view

Although the food is about average, what is great about this place is the view! It is set in the middle of the lush mountains and running trhough is a waterfall. You can eat at Chico's and then go downstairs for a swim in the waterfalls. The view is absolutely breathtaking. The food is about average for what we paid. My husband is mexican and we have been to mexico many, many times. So for the cost of the meal (about $50.00 , which included 2 plates, 2 HUGE pina coladas) we thought was a little pricey. But again, this place is a MUST while in PV.

Favorite Dish We had fish. It was average

Mari6625's Profile Photo
Mar 09, 2006

Chico's Paradise Restaurant, Bar & Grill: Swimming by the rocks!

Drive south of town and turn left [east] at the sign. The palapa-topped open-air restaurant sits right where two rivers meet with smooth rocks for sunbathing and a little swimming. Ask for a ‘window’ table! Food is fine Mexican fare, large mixed plates and quesadillas queso, but the event is more lasting. A good day's outing. Watch the potent margaritas!

Favorite Dish Cheese Quesadillas

garyrbeck's Profile Photo
Aug 22, 2004

Chico's Paradise Restaurant, Bar & Grill: A beautiful retreat in a natural setting

How would you like to eat your meal in the middle of the jungle next to a cool waterfall and surrounded by wildlife...well if you like those things, then this restaurant is the place for you.

Favorite Dish Try the Beef Brochette (you can also get the pork brochette) comes with rice, beans, chips and salsa.

spartan's Profile Photo
Nov 25, 2002

Chico's Paradise Restaurant, Bar & Grill: Check out the Kids diving for a Dollar

If you sit on the edge of the restaurant overlooking a waterfall...the local kids will dive out over the falls for a few pesos....

WanderingPoet's Profile Photo
Jan 16, 2004

Top 5 Puerto Vallarta Writers

jamiesno's Profile Photo

"Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!"
mjd74's Profile Photo

"Really Explore Puerto Vallarta"
richmalak's Profile Photo

"Essential PV"
View Member

"Long time in Returning to Puerto Vallarta!!!"
spartan's Profile Photo

"Still the "Real Deal""

Chico's Paradise Restaurant, Bar & Grill: Don´t Miss The Fresh SeaFooD

This Restaurant is near to Puerto Vallarta, is beautiful, the staff is so friendly and the Food is good!!! specially SeaFood!!

Favorite Dish Mixed sea food grill and soup sea 7 seas is the best dish!!!!!

EmeRaLDPV24's Profile Photo
Jan 03, 2004

Things To Do in Puerto Vallarta

El Eden

"The Predator" movie set is a tourist attraction where you can see the helicopter that was blown up in the movie. I never liked the movie that much, but I must admit that the movie location in the...

Whale Watching

If you come to Vallarta between December and February and you have never gone whale watching, I would strongly recommend this kind of tour. There are already some whales in November (as they are just...
Things to do

Bucerias is a small fishing village filled with culture. Restaurants line the beach and overlook the water. they have great deals. We sat there for quite a while. We got 25 Coronas, 2 Margaritas and 2...

Los Arcos

Los Arcos is the name given to the three huge rocks just off shore near Mismaloya. The name Los Arcos (The Arches) comes from the arching caves and grottoes that have been carved out by time and the...

Getting to Puerto Vallarta

Las Juntas, Cabo Corrientes, Jalisco k.m. 20 Hwy.

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!