map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

VIP Nightclub Tour in Puerto Vallarta
"Meet your local nightlife guide in downtown Puerto Vallarta to head to your first club located on the bustling Malecon. Skip the entrance line and follow your guide straight inside with your VIP access. Grab a drink from the open bar and hit the dance floor where some of the best DJs in Mexico keep the crowd pumped up. Or sip a tropical cocktail while you admire views of the moonlit Caribbean. When your feet need a rest head to your reserved table to take a breather or enjoy bottle service which is included at some venues (not guaranteed). You’ll visit a total of three venues such as La Vaquita The Zoo Nightclub Hilo and Señor Frog's. These change each night
From $89.00

VIP Nightclub Tour in Puerto Vallarta
From $89.00

Puerto Vallarta City and Shopping Tour with Tequila Distillery
"If you have never been to Puerto Vallarta before this tour is a nice introduction to some of the main attractions there. You will get to learn what Puerto Vallarta looks like be able to do some shopping and taste the local flavors. The tour starts in the north side of the city as you visit the famous boardwalk of Puerto Vallarta or malecón and see the many statues lining the water including the Whale Statue and the Sea Horse Statue. You will then visit El Palacio Municipal (City Hall) the main square and more city landmarks including la Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe (the Church of Our Lady of  Guadalupe) Gringo Gulch and a glass shop. You'll have some time to stroll on your own and do some shopping. Your tour continues south along the Bay as you pass by Concha’s Chinas making a stop to take some pictures and admire the wonderful view overlooking Los Arcos and
From $30.00

Markets Tips (10)

Río Cuale Flea Market: Shop till you drop

This two story maze of shops is laden with everything "Mexican." One of the stalls we frequented was the Artesanias Los Gemelos run by Dora.

What to buy Here you can find scores of T-shirts, silver jewelry, leather goods, hundreds of handicraft items and home-style lunches.

What to pay The rule of the day is to barter for the best price, but beware the sales people are well versed in this way of selling their wares.

BLewJay's Profile Photo
BLewJay
Nov 11, 2006

Markets: along the river shopping

Along the River & the Flea Market area there are so many venders, many with the same products.. They all go to the same distributor to buy.

It seemed the River Markets gave us better deals than in the flea market.

What to buy sombraro.. kids don't pay more than 16.00, adults 22.00 USD
shell jewerly, buy in bundle & save ALOT.. 3 necklaces for 650 pesos
wooden snakes for the kids... 5.00usd a piece engraved

What to pay as little as possible.. We paid about 40% of their initial asking price every time.

Mindy_J's Profile Photo
Mindy_J
Oct 16, 2006

Flea Market: No gracias!!!

When going downtown shopping, you must learn this phrase "no gracias" & say it firm (not mean), to let them know you're not interested. If you don't, you'll have some people following you & not shutting up.

What to buy Glass bead work from the Indians and yarn work

What to pay anywhere from 4.00-50.00 USD

Mindy_J's Profile Photo
Mindy_J
Oct 16, 2006

I love the market!

As I've mentioned before there's a little town called Bucerias about 15 minutes away from the Royal Decameron. It is very easy to get to and a great place to buy souvenirs or anything you may have forgotten at home...such as sampoo! My friend and I made our way down to Bucerias everyday of our two week trip. Everytime we went there we would find something different to buy. Frankly, we also went there to meet the people. They are so nice in Bucerias and fun to talk to. Do not go to Puerto Vallarta to buy your souvenirs, it is too expensive compared to Bucerias. Puerto Vallarta is a beautiful city to visit, but I would buy my gifts in Bucerias for half the price.

What to buy I'm not really sure what Puerto Vallarta's specialty is, but I bought a lot of stuff. Here's a list of things you can buy.
-Wood carvings (such as dolphins, lizards, turtles)
-Jewelry
-t-shirts
-vanilla
-key chains
-shot glasses
and much much more...too much to name. I love this market and I can't wait to go back.
Oh! This is very important....if you get thirsty while shopping, you can stop at either the mini super or one of the many restaurants and buy beer for CHEAP! The beer is so cheap in Bucerias (not sure if it's cheap everywhere in Mexico)...but so good. I love Mexican beer. Anyhow you can buy beer for about $1CND. Here in Canada you pay $5.50 or more for one beer.

What to pay You actually don't need a lot of money when going to the market. I spent about 800 pesos and came back with A LOT of stuff. I still have stuff left over because I had too much and not enough people to give it to. Needless to say I came back to Canada with about 1100 pesos left over.

Rachelle88's Profile Photo
Rachelle88
Jan 10, 2006

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Puerto Vallarta

Hotels
Francisco I. Madero #336 col., Emiliano Zapata, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48380, Mexico
Paseo Diaz Ordaz #901, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48300, Mexico
Morelos, 170, Col. Centro, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48300, Mexico
Hidalgo 166 Centro, Entre calles Libertad y Agustín Rodríguez, 48300
Paraguay 1117, Puerto Vallarta, Pacific Coast, 48350, Mexico
Uruguay 127, Col. 5 de Diciembre, 48350

Markets: Ruben's - The Best Junk P.V.

When I went to downtown Puerto Vallarta I wandered to where there was a large market of Mexican crafts, leather goods, pottery etc etc with many, many shops under one roof, geared to tourists. I think that its one of the places they steer cruise ship passengers.

It's a fun place to look around, lots to see and buy.

Ruebens was the name of one of the shops (more like sectioned off cubilces).The reason I even remember the name of "Rueben's" was that I just ran across a business card, with rather primitive graphics of a suitcase, a wallet and a T-Shirt on it, plus the name and address.

What to buy I purchased a leather duffle bag on behalf of one of my friends there, and somewhere I have a photo of a smiling Rueben (or his minion) holding the duffle bag.

What to pay I think I spent the equivalent of about $15 for the duffle bag; at the time the exchange rate I believe was about 10 pesos to the dollar. A good buy.

ZanieOR's Profile Photo
ZanieOR
Dec 21, 2005

Markets: Whatever you Need

If you're wanting to buy Mexican blankets, jewellry, sandals, or any kind of souvenir....you should visit the markets by the Rio Cuale downtown, nearby Riso's Supermarket. You walk across two little swinging wooden bridges to get to it, very fun!! To get the best price on things, walk around a bit, ask prices from different vendors...they will try to give a better deal than the next guy, always bargain with them, and often if you buy several items you'll get a better price.

What to pay Prices vary depending on the item.

taryn21's Profile Photo
taryn21
Aug 19, 2004

Fashion in general: Shopping! fashion

This wasn't a shop in particular but if you are looking for some fashionable clothes, I suggest you look for small boutiques. There are quite a few in town but you have to look a bit. They are small but the clothes are great and are in style. There is one small shop down the street from Pipi's.

What to pay Anywhere from $20-$75. Depending on where you are going!

scoffy991177's Profile Photo
scoffy991177
Jan 15, 2004

Vallarta Flea Market Area: Great Value!

This is a collection of many local stores and craft persons, there is a great selection and plenty to buy, great opportunities for souviners but remember I guess you have to bring it back, I got a Hammock that was a challenge for sure!

What to buy Hammocks are good quality, Iron Wood Scuptures, Pottery, Jewellry, Wraps, SunGlasses.

What to pay Half they ask or less, hehehe, that was my rule that worked most of time :-)

jamiesno's Profile Photo

jamiesno

"Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!"
mjd74's Profile Photo

mjd74

"Really Explore Puerto Vallarta"
richmalak's Profile Photo

richmalak

"Essential PV"

extremist

"Long time in Returning to Puerto Vallarta!!!"
spartan's Profile Photo

spartan

"Still the "Real Deal""

Flea Market: Market Heaven

This market is a huge building filled with stall after stall of local crafts such as pottery, silver and blankets.

What to buy I bought some beautiful silver jewellery here, make sure its labelled 9.25 and also I found a great pewter bowl which I just love. There are lots of pewter items to be found and I wish I had bought more, like the salad tongs I had been looking at.

What to pay It's up to you what you pay, just make sure you barter for it ;-)

hayward68's Profile Photo
hayward68
Sep 15, 2002

OXXO: Convenience Stores

OXXO is the convenience store where you can buy some groceries, drinks, etc. They are all over town, prices are reasonable and they come in very handy :)

monica71's Profile Photo
monica71
Oct 05, 2009

Things to Do Near Puerto Vallarta

El Eden

"The Predator" movie set is a tourist attraction where you can see the helicopter that was blown up in the movie. I never liked the movie that much, but I must admit that the movie location in the...

Whale Watching

If you come to Vallarta between December and February and you have never gone whale watching, I would strongly recommend this kind of tour. There are already some whales in November (as they are just...

Bucerias

Bucerias is a small fishing village filled with culture. Restaurants line the beach and overlook the water. they have great deals. We sat there for quite a while. We got 25 Coronas, 2 Margaritas and 2...

Los Arcos

Los Arcos is the name given to the three huge rocks just off shore near Mismaloya. The name Los Arcos (The Arches) comes from the arching caves and grottoes that have been carved out by time and the...

Getting to Puerto Vallarta

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Shopping. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Shopping. Help us improve our info!

Map