Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

VIP Nightclub Tour in Cancun
"Get your groove on at three different nightclubs on this exciting VIP bar-hopping tour in Cancun! Meet your party guide at 10pm and let your nightclub adventure begin. Make new friends while you enjoy the energy of some of Cancun’s most famous dance clubs and discos. At each nightclub you’ll skip the line and head straight to your VIP table with your group. Sip on complimentary drinks until 3am while you dance to the hottest tunes and take in the wild party atmosphere for which Cancun is known.You never know what surprises lay Mandala Disco Dady 'O Carlos and Charlie's The City Nightclub or Sweet Nightclub. Note: Nightclubs visited may change without prior notice."
From $89.00

Private Cancun Shopping and City Tour
"You will be picked up at your hotel lobby on an air-conditioned vehicle where you will immediately meet your local tour guide who will be glad to share useful information and history about Cancun's highlights and landmarks.The tour will start with a visit to  El Meco a Mayan archaeological site withing Cancun considered an important spot for trading in those times.  A 45 minutes tour in the ruins including free time
From $468.00

Private Sailing Tour to Isla Mujeres with Open Bar
"You will enjoy a 6-hour sailing tour aboard your private charter departing from Cancun to Isla Mujeres and back. You'll have a chance to relax on a yacht-like catamaran and enjoy the beautiful tropical weather. You will have a bilingual guide with you an or walk and buy some souvenirs. Then you'll sail back to Cancun where your wonderful tour ends.""""Enjoy a private sailing tour from Cancun to Isla Mujeres on a catamaran for just you and your group. Enjoy activities such as snorkeling and the Spinnaker where you fly high above the ocean on a spinnaker sail. Enjoy an open bar buffet lunch a walk on Isla Mujeres
From $1,872.00

Swim with Dolphins Tips (25)

Dolphin Killing?

Are these tourists really that clueless about this dolphin swim? Guys, dolphin families are killed so you can swim with the left over prisoners. Get a clue and inform yourself before handing over money to these people so they can continue to kill them. Google it will Ya? Jeeeez

Dolphindeath
May 07, 2015

Delphinus Dreams Cancun

I swam with Dolphins in Delphinus Dreams Cancun. I had never done it before but it was really exciting! I have to confess that I was a really bit scared at the beginning but I ended up enjoying a lot! My boyfriend doesn’t know how to swim but he was able to do everything, even the footpush!

I did the Primax and next time I want to do the Trainer for a Day Program. If you are coming to Cancun or Riviera Maya you should totally do it!

lusha86's Profile Photo
lusha86
Mar 19, 2013

Dolphins swim and slaughter

I had no idea that the same people who capture the "lucky" ones, slaughter off the rest of the pod. None of the dolphins in captivity at these parks are "rescued". They are actually orphans.

My heart broke when I watched how these innocent creatures are captured just so that I and my kids could get to swim with and kiss them.

I know it cannot make up for what has already happened, but I am now taking time to write to share with fellow travelers what I have learned.

Cayman is one of hundreds of aquatic parks that purchase Dolphins from an industry that slaughters thousands each year. The sad fact is that the dolphin park industry would not exist were it not for our want to swim with them. These parks pay $50,000-100,000 for each dolphin and then charge us to swim with them.

Will you please join me in getting informed about this tragedy and sharing with others?

Blessings,
Amber

Amber-LovesDolphins's Profile Photo
Amber-LovesDolphins
Sep 12, 2012

Swimming with Rescued Dolphins

We were offered one free swim with dolphin & 3 more at ½ price for booking thru Expedia for 5 nights. Make sure you bring all print outs when booking. Make sure you have one that states the # of days required to stay and the dates. That said we had a great time. All dolphins at the Cancun Wet & Wild are rescued dolphins. Our dolphin, Echo, had a destroyed retina and was rescued from Australian waters when beached and dying from infection from bites suffered when attacked by a school of small sharks and he had the scares to prove it. Usually there are up to 15 people to a session. We lucked out because the trainer was taking back Echo as his trainer. They wanted to see how he reacted first time out. Great for us, 50 minutes close up and personal .

brkilbourne's Profile Photo
brkilbourne
Jun 06, 2010

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Swim with Dolphins

Blvd Kukulcan, Km 2.5, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico
Hotels
Carretera Federal 307, Manzana 7, Lote 1, S.M. 11, Puerto Morelos, Riviera Maya, 77580, Mexico
Hotels
Blvd Kukulcan, Retorno Chac L-41, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico
Hotels
Boulevard Kukulcan Km 4.5, Zona Hotelera, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico
Av. Juarez 501, Quintana Roo, 77600, Mexico
Hotels
Av Rojo Gomez M1 R2, 2 blocks north of town, Puerto Morelos, Riviera Maya, 77580, Mexico

Swim with the Dolphins

To swim with the dolphins, you are spoilt for choice in Cancun.

I whittled it down to 2 locations. One was Dolphin Discovery, a short boat ride from Cancun, or the Interactive Aquarium on the hotel zone strip.

This was based on reviews I had read.

Discovery was way more expensive, but did allow the opportunity to interact with Manatee and Sea Lions as well as Dolphins.

In the end, I decided that the cost, plus the fact that you could take in your own camera, meant that I went with the Interactive Aquarium.

I made the right choice. This was also a lesson about dolphins, they trainers really cared for the creatures. You get to spend an hour with them in a small group. They have 3 pools, so each set of dolphins only work once every 3 hours.

After a demonstration, we got to shake flippers, and get a kiss and foot push propelling. We also got some free time with the dolphins.

You can take in your own camera, but they do film and take pics for you to buy if you want at $20 per photo.

While you wait for the experience, you can walk round the small but interesting aquarium. They also offer the chance to go into the shark tank in a perspex tank in order to feed the sharks. However, this looked pretty lame as the sharks were not interested in the food.

Cost was $135

boltonian's Profile Photo
boltonian
Sep 16, 2009

Delphinus Cash Back

Recently I bought a swimming with dolphins pass to Delphinus, but I made it via a travel agency. Doing it that way you can get 40 dollars cash back to be use in any other tour given by the travel agency where you bought the swim with dolphins ticket. This refound opens the possibility to make another adventure in a cheaper way, as swimming with the whale shark or many others. Take advantage, is a great opportunity. Dont fotget it, it name is Delphinus Cash Back.

Rivieramaya's Profile Photo
Rivieramaya
Jul 16, 2009

Swimming with dolphins: a life experience

I am a dolphin lover. Over 10 years I have been traveling around the earth with an special goal: swim with dolphins. Recently I visited Cancun and the Riviera Maya, a great place for those people who love the sea, incredible sunsets, archeological visits, nigth life, and of course, dolphins.
There are several places to swim with dolphins around Cancun and the Riviera Maya, but I clearly remember, as one of my best of all, that incredible day in Delphinus Riviera Maya, a big natural area with fresh sea water.
The dolphins are very well treated and the swimming programs allow people to establishe a deep comunication with these animals. Truly I got very surprised about this place. Dont miss it.

Josh.

Rivieramaya's Profile Photo
Rivieramaya
Feb 09, 2009

Swimming with Dolphins on Isla Mujeres

The only thing I can answer to is swimming with the dolphins. It is DEFINITELY worth it! I went two years ago and did it on Isla Mujeres. The animals are so amazing, and it's so much fun to actually get to touch and swim with them. I would definitely recommend it!

lizzytex's Profile Photo
lizzytex
Jul 11, 2008
gipper84's Profile Photo

gipper84

"Paradise in the Carribean"
Etoile2B's Profile Photo

GinGinCoo's Profile Photo

GinGinCoo

"Cancun, Mexico"

swim with dolphins, Riviera Maya

If you swam in a natural environment sure you saw seaweed or some water organism natural of course. If you swan in a piscine like interactive aquarium could be something rare about clean like mould. Because the feces go to the bottom remember all those things fall.
I swam In Delphinus Riviera Maya was a fabulous swim in a natural environment, pool is big, this is beside Xcaret, and the programs are better, more time, small groups, friendly staff.
I bought www.delphinusworld.com and took 10% off. Where did you swim??

Paccifer
May 29, 2008

Swim with Delphinus

I swam with dolphins in Delphinus Riviera Maya cause I didn’t pay entrance like the parks, was a wonderful experience. It’s difficult to find dolphins swimming freely in natural surrounding, you can definitely enjoy the experience is a natural pool, isn’t a typical, they get a natural view. The activities are incredible. First they went for us at Hotel in Playa Carmen, next they introduce us about dolphins, gave us care instructions around 10 min. My group was 5 persons now we were ready to star the swim with dolphins, was amazing I can kiss them, be close to the dolphin gave me peace, we dance  and they swam so fast around us. The instructors are friendly and I can watch a pretty close friendship between dolphins & trainers. Foot-push is the best!! You have to live it!! The Delphius staff talked about the research institute for dolphin preservation and reproduction and they seem to be very professional, I learned a lot.. in fact, I watched a dolphin birth in a video they played.
Pic are proof of the experience
Everyone done excite, now I get a good memorial

Paccifer
May 02, 2008

Swim with the dolphins in Isla Mujeres

Of all the things I've done on vacations, this tops them all. I highly recommend it. I was surprised to learn that dolphins are playful like dogs -- if you swim off, they will chase you and they like you to chase them. The encounter is so personal, I can't imagine not being effected by it.

myca99
May 15, 2007

Dolphin Discovery was amazing!

Dolphin Discovery was amazing! I chose the Dolphin Royal Swim because it allowed me to swim with two dolphins in a very small group of eight people. The first thing they do is introduce you to the dolphins they give you kisses then dance with you! After the introductions, the instructor has people swim out in groups of two for the dolphin ride and the foot pushes. I floated in the water with my hands out, making a T formation and waited for the dolphins to take me for a ride. In just a matter of moments, I could feel their amazing skin gliding across my hands. The two dolphins took me for a ride while I held on to their fins; during the exciting foot-push maneuver, I glided across the water as they pushed me from the soles of my feet. It was fun to have the dolphins take me for a ride but my favorite part was hugging the dolphins and rubbing their backs. It was not cheep to swim with dolphins, $ 140.00 but it truly was the experience of a lifetime

happydance's Profile Photo
happydance
Jan 31, 2007

Things to Do Near Swim with Dolphins

Mercado 28

We arrived there by bus (Rte.2), and it took us some 10 minutes walk with sales guys along the way trying to sell us their stuff. The market itself was a huge disappointment, with products for sales...

Snorkeling

It was a package deal. The deal including cruising in a catamaran, snorkelling and half-day visits to Isla Mujeres plus lunch and drinks many as you want. At $70USD I thought it was worth it. We book...

Coco Bongo

This place is a must visit, you'll find people from different ages, well from 18 yrs and up. there's no dress code so can wear anything you like jeans or dressit doesn't matter. This night club has...

Playa Norte

This is a great beach for swimming. The water is calm and it seems like you can walk out forever in just waist deep water. The turquoise waters are unbelievable. There are many bars and restaurants...

Getting to Swim with Dolphins