Map &

Been here?
Rate it

Top Tours

Private Cooking Master Class of Mexican Gourmet Cuisine and Markets Tour in Cancun
From $155.00
From $155.00
Private Cancun Shopping and City Tour
From $468.00

Water Sports Tips (23)

There is no lack of things to do in Cancun!!

There's a lot to do in Cancun. There are the water sports- from scuba to snorkeling, to fishing, waterskiing, swimming, boogie boarding, jetskiing, parasailing, etc. There are the Mayan ruins, the water park, Xcaret, swimming with dolphins, shopping, dining, and a lot more. There are many nightclubs like Cocobongos, Sr. Frogs, Carlos and Charlies, etc. You won't have a lack of things to do there, especially if you're outgoing! Lots of people to party with in your age group, don't worry! Water is warm, blue, really clear & pretty. You can swim & snorkel & boogie board off the beaches there, & in Cozumel & Isla Mujeres. Many ruins around to visit, in different areas. Shopping is along main street in Cancun, & dining.There is a good write up of activities at

Aug 29, 2008

Drive your own speedboat!

We took the Aquatours Jungle Tour which involved driving your own speedboat through the Nichupte Lagoon through the mangroves out into the ocean where you had time to get out the boat and snorkel in the world's second largest coral reef. It's great even for beginners as you go out in a small group of 5 or 6 boats which is led by a guide who you follow every step of the way. Then, on your way home, you get the chance to really speed up and zig zag from side to side as your passenger waves their snorkel from side to side in the air to indicate "go faster!". A great experience, even more so when I was in the driving seat as I made my new husband scream like a girl!

vera-s's Profile Photo
Feb 25, 2008

Water Activity on shore

There are a lot of activities to do on the beach, including the arieal, snorkel, scuba, or build a sand castle. Toward the north part, the beaches are more crowded and the south seems best to have some open space.

BruceDunning's Profile Photo
Jan 30, 2008

Shotover Jet Boat

This was one thrilling ride!!!! My fiancee and myself signed some little waier for a free beer ater the ride, meaning you are signing your life away,lol! Its a small waiver telling you, that Mexico isnt liable for your ass! But it was so worth it! This boat is quick as it skims over the water and does 360's, it whips and hangs corner like you wouldnt believe. This is a must do!

onestepaway's Profile Photo
May 29, 2007
Sponsored Listings

Hotels in Cancún

Av. Tankah 69, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico
KM.20.5 , 77500
Av. Sunyaxchen Lote 46 y 47, Mza 2 Supermanzana 25 CP, Cancun, Quintana Roo, 77509, Mexico
Av Uxmal #21, Cancun, Quintana Roo, SM23 MZA 3, Mexico
Avenida Yaxchilan 41, SM22, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula, 77500, Mexico
Street Cedro No. 40, Supermanzana 23, 77500

Jet Skiing

We rented sea dos from the front of our hotel. You can rent them for 1/2 hour or more. It was alittle pricey and we rented them for about one hour. I think a 1/2 hour would have been enough. The water was great and seadoing was fun. There is no one watching you so be careful and drive responsibly.

malianrob's Profile Photo
Feb 10, 2007

Lagoon dive

After several days of lazing about, we decided maybe one day we should be somewhat productive. We took the bus outside our hotel (about USD$0.60) to the Waterland Park. We decided on an afternoon excursion where we joined a tour of the nearby lagoon. They put us on these 2 person water vessels, sort of a cross between a jetski (not as fast though) and a small boat. We jetted thru the lagoon, the rain forest and out to a natural protected coral reserve in the Caribbean Sea. We stopped there and dove about with snorkels and masks...definitely reasonably priced and definitely worth the experience!

joyryd's Profile Photo
Jan 30, 2007

Diving in Cancun

I know Cancun is not known for it's diving and that Cozumel is just down the coast, but my friends and I had a fantastic dive there. The water was very warm and the visibility was probably some of the best I've seen. This was a shallow dive, but there was a good spectrum of plants and fish to be found.

ChrystyD's Profile Photo
Sep 17, 2006

wave riding for snorkeling

On one day of our vacation/spring break we went out on waveriders and did a bit of snorkeling. I think this was my favorite activity on this trip. The water was choppy and our guide was going fast. We had to quickly learn how to speed across the water to keep up. Very exciting. When we got to the desired was beautiful. Mainly because I have never done anything like this before and I was a Biology major at my university. I was a little nervous when I saw the barracuda. I think they are harmless as long as you let them be.

Kara01's Profile Photo
Nov 13, 2005
gipper84's Profile Photo

"Paradise in the Carribean"
Etoile2B's Profile Photo

"Spring Break 24/7/365"
Kaspian's Profile Photo

Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

"Cancun Condo"
GinGinCoo's Profile Photo

"Cancun, Mexico"

Wet & Wild in Cancun

Wet 'n Wild has a lot of things for families to do together. You can relax and drift away on the Lazy River or the Wave Pool, while thrill-seeking teens can experience the Kamikaze. Kids will love additions to the children's playground, which features a sand bucket.

And if the family wants to spend time together, they can enjoy the multi-passenger ride in the Bubba Tub!

Surrounded by wild tropical vegetation, Parque Nizuc is the only water park located within Cancun’s Hotel Zone you are only a short distance from a refreshing experience.

It covers over 18 acres of land and 800 feet of white sand beach areas. I really enjoyed wet & wild, it was a great day out for all ages. Make sure if you go that you wear a decent & secure bikini or swimming costume because you will need it. Hehe

Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo
Sep 26, 2005

The adventure starts!!!

Discover the tropical paradise of Cancun aboard your own private speed boat with an experienced guide leading the way. You and friend will drive through the lagoon and the dense mangrove jungles filled with exotic birds, tropical plant life and strange marine animals. Then you will arrive to a beach of cancun, here you can enjoy snorkeling in the beautiful caribbean among living Coral (this part is AMAZING) , there are milion colorful fishes.
The tour takes two and a half hour and all you need is inclusive.

patricia28's Profile Photo
May 27, 2005

Quintana Roo

The coast of Quintana Roo is bathed by shallow, crystal-clear, green-blue waters, lined by beaches of fine white sand, punctuated by numerous coves, bays and islands, with a backdrop of lush tropical vegetation. It is here that Tulum stands, on a cliff, overlooking the Caribbean. The most important Maya archaeological site on the coast, it is 127 kilometers south of Cancun.
Xel-Ha, is a breathtaking combination of jungle flora and fauna, freshwater (sinkholes), caves, and ocean splendor is guaranteed to please all five of your senses. Wander the jungle trails, snorkel to your hearts content, or take a nap on Hammock Island.

gabriellefox's Profile Photo
Feb 28, 2005

Partyboats and watersports

Cancun offers all kinds of watersports and there are agencies all over that can sell you almost anything you want. You can go on a partyboat where you are out all day; drinking, partying and swimming.

You can hire different kinds of boats, canoes, kayaks, jetskis or whatever you want. They also offer trips to the jungel, mangroves, Isla Mujeres and snorkelling. Or you can do parachuting or almost any kind of watersport. If you want it, Cancun has it... ;)

Maria_75's Profile Photo
Nov 16, 2004

Things To Do in Cancún

Mercado 28

We arrived there by bus (Rte.2), and it took us some 10 minutes walk with sales guys along the way trying to sell us their stuff. The market itself was a huge disappointment, with products for sales...
Things to do

It was a package deal. The deal including cruising in a catamaran, snorkelling and half-day visits to Isla Mujeres plus lunch and drinks many as you want. At $70USD I thought it was worth it. We book...

Swim with Dolphins

Are these tourists really that clueless about this dolphin swim? Guys, dolphin families are killed so you can swim with the left over prisoners. Get a clue and inform yourself before handing over...

Coco Bongo

This place is a must visit, you'll find people from different ages, well from 18 yrs and up. there's no dress code so can wear anything you like jeans or dressit doesn't matter. This night club has...

Playa Norte

This is a great beach for swimming. The water is calm and it seems like you can walk out forever in just waist deep water. The turquoise waters are unbelievable. There are many bars and restaurants...

Getting to Cancún

We don't yet have an address for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!