Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Discover Scuba Diving Course in Playa del Carmen
The Discover Scuba Diving program starts at 8am. You will first get some theory introduction and then continue to the pool for training which lasts until 10:30am. You'll then take a boat trip to two different reefs where you'll do dives from 12:30pm ""Enjoy an amazing diving experience open to everybody from 10 years old and up. This course is done  in a small-group setting with a maximum of four people per instructor. You will learn the basics of scuba diving and have a great time.title=Highlights&1=Ideal+choice+for+families&2=Small+group+ensures+personal+service&3=Once-in-a-Lifetime+Experience&4=Informative%2C+friendly+and+professional+guide"""Playa del Carmen Mexico"
From $135.00

Private Fishing Trip in the Riviera Maya
"Meet your guide and crew at a central location in Playa del Carmen and receive all fishing equipment which includes some of the famous brands such as Penn Senator 114 and 115 for the reels mounted on poles 20 to 80 pounds Downriggers Outriggers and Shimano rods FX4000 at 10 to 20 pounds for our lightweight spinning or bottom fishing equipment. You'll board a private boat and sail the Riviera Maya to enjoy a wonderful fishing trip. Fresh bait and countless callers will be on request you can also snorkel and enjoy the beautiful landscapes the Caribbean sea can offer.""""Enjoy a great adventure
From $300.00

2-Tank Morning or Afternoon Dives in Playa del Carmen
"Meet your professional guide at a central location in Playa del Carmen at either 8am or 2pm (Depending on your selection). At the dive shop you can rent all necessary equipment available in all sizes and get ready for your departure 15 minutes later. You will board at a place a few steps from the shop and there is a maximum of 9 divers per tour. You will have two experienced div you'll head to your second dive at maximum depth of 15 meters (50 feet) and return to the base. The tour includes a boat ride guide drinks weights and smile on your face upon your return."""
From $79.00

Cenotes Tips (4)

Cenote Cristallino, a beach alternative

This cenote is in Puerto Aventuras not far south of Playa and can be easily accessed by colectivo, see my tip re transport.
It's a beautiful crystal clear cenote, one part is open like a lake, the other is partly covered like a cave. The water is cool about 25' and very refreshing. It's a nice change from the beach, and usually there are very few people there.
Entrance fee is 40 pesos, there are bathrooms available.

ciaobella55's Profile Photo
ciaobella55
Oct 12, 2010

Cenote Diving

Cenote/Cave/Cavern Diving
The area between Playa del Carmen and Tulum has some of the best cave/cavern diving in the world. Everyone should experience a "cenote" while visiting the Riviera Maya. If you are not a diver, I recommend a swim or a snorkle. Try Armando Elizalde of Scubacenote $85 USD for a double tank dive (lunch and equipment included). Best deal around and an excellent tour with an excellent guide.

lindaeh
Oct 16, 2005

Swimming in a Cenote

There are hundreds of cenot'es you can swim in around the Playa Del Carmen Area. Some totally in a cove, some half exposed, some fully exposed. Lots of scuba divers LOVE cave diving. We went, on a recommendation to one called "the taj majal"
We should have guessed by the name, that it wasn't exactly that!
Ok, it was amazing, it was pretty, but what I love about the Caribbean is the warm water.
That doesn't happen in a cenote. Cold water, scuba divers who said it was amazing underwater where you could actually get down below and in parts you couldn't just swim into. They were using a light, for obvious reasons.
If anyone knows an amazing Cenote to swim in, please let me know, I'd like to see what the magic is all about!

whitneyone's Profile Photo
whitneyone
Sep 25, 2004

Visit the Cenotes

A short walk across the highway from the Barcelo Resort brings you to Kantun Chi, a small park with 5 or 6 cenotes. Cenotes are sinkholes within the limestone and are very common on the Yucatan peninsula. For the admission price of around $8, you can wander around and even go in swimming or snorkelling in the cenotes. The water is extremely clear. Be sure to visit the (very) small Aztec ruins there as well.

At the end of the trail, there is a snack bar, as well as a souvenir 'booth' set up at the entrance. When we went, a young boy showed us a snake in a bucket, and offered to take it out for a few pesos. We declined, but still gave him the money.

travelgirl3's Profile Photo