Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Discover Scuba Diving Course in Playa del Carmen
The Discover Scuba Diving program starts at 8am. You will first get some theory introduction and then continue to the pool for training which lasts until 10:30am. You'll then take a boat trip to two different reefs where you'll do dives from 12:30pm ""Enjoy an amazing diving experience open to everybody from 10 years old and up. This course is done  in a small-group setting with a maximum of four people per instructor. You will learn the basics of scuba diving and have a great time.title=Highlights&1=Ideal+choice+for+families&2=Small+group+ensures+personal+service&3=Once-in-a-Lifetime+Experience&4=Informative%2C+friendly+and+professional+guide"""Playa del Carmen Mexico"
From $135.00

Private Fishing Trip in the Riviera Maya
"Meet your guide and crew at a central location in Playa del Carmen and receive all fishing equipment which includes some of the famous brands such as Penn Senator 114 and 115 for the reels mounted on poles 20 to 80 pounds Downriggers Outriggers and Shimano rods FX4000 at 10 to 20 pounds for our lightweight spinning or bottom fishing equipment. You'll board a private boat and sail the Riviera Maya to enjoy a wonderful fishing trip. Fresh bait and countless callers will be on request you can also snorkel and enjoy the beautiful landscapes the Caribbean sea can offer.""""Enjoy a great adventure
From $300.00

2-Tank Morning or Afternoon Dives in Playa del Carmen
"Meet your professional guide at a central location in Playa del Carmen at either 8am or 2pm (Depending on your selection). At the dive shop you can rent all necessary equipment available in all sizes and get ready for your departure 15 minutes later. You will board at a place a few steps from the shop and there is a maximum of 9 divers per tour. You will have two experienced div you'll head to your second dive at maximum depth of 15 meters (50 feet) and return to the base. The tour includes a boat ride guide drinks weights and smile on your face upon your return."""
From $79.00

Mayans Tips (6)

Portal Mayan bronze sculpture

At the end of 5th Ave is an interesting park (Parque Fundadores) with an archway of a tall Portal Mayan bronze sculpture. The Mexican artist Jose Arturo Tavarez created the archway. The archway depicts the sculpture of a man being pushed by a spiral of wind and a woman being pushed by spiral of water, joining hands at the top of the arch and it represents Mayan Gateway, Calendar and the beginning of New Era. It is located at 1st before you hit the beach not far from ferry dock to Cozumel.

fachd's Profile Photo
fachd
Jul 08, 2014

Just relax in your all inclusive

After visiting all those great places filled with Mayan Culture, save at least one day just to relax in your all inclusive. Take advantage of the beach, pool and have a siesta, some drinks, a good lunch and a good dinner. We don´t get much chances at home to have so many nice things all in the same place.

Jan 30, 2009

Taste the wonderful Gaucamole and Mayan Coffee

There isn't much to say about Guacamole, except that is wonderful and everybody should try it at least once. There is a spicy version (really hot) and “regular” version.

The Mayan Coffee is also very good. It’s prepared with a mix of an herbal liquor and coffee liquor, which are set on fire. After they add black coffee and cream. The whole ceremony of preparing the coffee is amazing.

Dec 12, 2008

Mayan Village

A visit to a Mayan village helps you understand the way Mayan people live today. Of course, it is an organized visit, and it is not just any Mayan village, and people here got used to showing off the way they live, but still, they really live like this and you can see it, go in their houses, see the way they cook, make clothes, etc.

I didn't like some things. Like, we were supposed to give presents to the Mayan kids. It's not that I'm against presents for kids, but if there are seven visits a week, and each group of tourists brings presents to kids, and they are actually not poverty-struck... It's not good for the kids, I believe.

But anyway, you can see the lifestyle of modern Maya, and it gives you a broader look at the world in general.

tashka's Profile Photo
tashka
Mar 19, 2007

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Playa del Carmen

Hotels
Calle 2 norte entre 5a Avenida y Zona Federal Maritima, S/N, Col. Centro, Playa del Carmen, Quintana
Av. 5 at Calle 1 Sur, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, 77710, Mexico
Calle 6, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, 77710, Mexico
Avenue 5 between 2nd and 4th N., Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico
Calle 8 Entre 5A, Zona Federal, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, 77710, Mexico
Calle 6 Norte, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, 77710, Mexico

Many adventures in just ONE day

This is me sitting ontop of the Nohoch Muul temple (the highest in the Quintana Roo state), and you can see another building right in front of me.

This was all a part of a tour called Alltournative Tours. For $92 bucks, I got a chance to do these things:

* Canoe and zip-line over a lagoon
* Have lunch, served by the local women of Pac Chen (an authentic Mayan village)
* rappel into a cenote (sinkholes)

The money was well worth it... check their website out! That's where I found out about them...

adventurous_spirit's Profile Photo
adventurous_spirit
Dec 07, 2003

There is a lot to choose from...

There is a lot to choose from in the areas from Cancun right the way south to Tulum, you'll be spoilt for choice.
Because we were limited by time we chose 3 key things that we wanted to see/do. The first thing we chose to do was to visit Chichen Itza.
This is one of the most famous Mayan archeological sites in Mexico. This year is the last year that tourists are being allowed to climb the 91 steps to the top of El Castillo, which is the most impressive and well preserved of the pyramids. We HAD to make the climb, which left me gagging for breath when I reached the top. It was worth it though, the views are fantastic. Be warned, a lot of people freak out at the top. It feels really unsafe, if you don't like heights you'll find the walk back down pretty scarey. Most people opted to descend on their backsides, I was one of them.

DellyM
Aug 24, 2002

Top 5 Playa del Carmen Writers

Dabs's Profile Photo

Dabs

"Playa del Carmen-my Mexican paradise"
whitneyone's Profile Photo

Maria_75's Profile Photo

Maria_75

"PLAYA DEL CARMEN"

jorgec25

"Riviera Maya - Culture, relax, sea and tequilla"

Things to Do Near Playa del Carmen

5th Avenue

On my last night in Playa del Carmen my friend and I decided to take a walk down 5th Avenue and take in the sights. We looked at the array of shops scattered amongst bars and restaurants of all...

Xcaret

About one hour by bus from the hotels area, Xcaret is something not to be missed. Only with a little help from men, a place with natural beauty and signs of history became a park where children and...

Cenotes

Mexico is full of cenotes .. they are cool clear water pool fed by fresh underwater springs. There are 3 types ... some in a cave .. some with just a rock ceiling and some that have collapsed and just...

Beaches

The beach was horrible! I thought Playa del Carmen beach was one of the prettiest beach in Mexico, FALSE! When we got there, it was extremely dirty and smelly (I mean so smelly that it smells like a...

Atlantis Submarine

This was the excursion that my grandmother picked for this port. I think she wanted me to see what the reef looked like without the hassle of trying to learn to snorkel. My first time snorkeling was...

Faro Celarain Eco Park

There is a watchtower made of bamboo stilts with palm tree leaves as its roof at the beach. I wanted to go and climbed it but the guy at the hut did not allow me. It looked really nice to just sit...

Getting to Playa del Carmen

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!

Map