Map &

Catemaco Lake and Los Tuxtlas Day Trip from Veracruz
From $153.00
Chamula and Zinacantan Indigenous Villages Tour
From $19.00
Indigenous Villages Cultural Tour: Chamula and Zinacantan from San Cristóbal de las Casas
From $25.00

El Shrimp Bucket Tips (4)

El Shrimp Bucket: Fun, Music, & Great Shrimp!

A fun restaurant that makes a memorable experience for all. The food was very good and reasonably priced. The waiters even performed magic tricks for us, as well as having the diners participate in a Sangria drinking competition with a sombrero on your head & a big beaker of Sangria being poured down your throat. Nice strolling Mariachi musicians were playing and moving from table to table to set the mood. Service was fast and very efficient. This is one of the oldest and well-established restaurants In Mazatlan. We ate inside, but there are outside tables with umbrellas and a nice view of the sea.

Favorite Dish We were there with a party of 6 for lunch. We all got the Shrimp Platters for 2 at 395$ Pesos. With that you get: 30 medium shrimp made up of breaded, peel 'n eat, grilled, beer battered, BBQ with bacon, & coconut crusted shrimp. The coconut crusted were our favorite. The shrimp were served with rice and rosemary potatoes. We all were thoroughly pleased with the food and our experience.

SedonaDee's Profile Photo
Mar 28, 2009

El Shrimp Bucket: Locals eat Breakfast here!!!

This is where the local business people go for the best mexican breakfast food available.
They cater to the local tourist crowd in the afternoon and evening, they have completely redone their menue in attempt to pull in repeat business because they have some excellent shrimp dishes, and sunset, with a drink ocean side, in the heart of Old Downtown. I've been a regular for the past 5 yrs, and always start the day with breakfast there. If you go in the evening say hello to Donald for us. You will recognize him, as he is always smilling.

Breakfast 6$ per person
Supper 20$ per person

Favorite Dish Breakfast anything spanish

Supper Coconut Shrimp

WiscSteve's Profile Photo
Nov 28, 2007

El Shrimp Bucket: Great food in Old Town mazatlan

El Shrimp Bucket has been a place we always visit in Mazatlan. We love the Shrimp platter which is excellent for 2 and they have horseradish shrimp cocktais which is rare in Mexico. I was glad to see them still doing great after all these years with some good new dishes. Breakfasts are always packed with locals and then lunch gets more "gringos" looking for an early pacifico beer.

Favorite Dish Breakfast: Mochomos with eggs and refried beans. Lunch: Shrimp any style and I tried a really good pasta dish with vodka sauce and shrimp and the fish tacos are one of the best I've had.

willymilano's Profile Photo
Jan 21, 2008

El Shrimp Bucket: The Shrimp is Wonderful!

I stayed at the hotel adjoining the Shrimp Bucket so I ate here quite a bit during my month stay. The atmosphere is very festive. Pinatas hang from the ceiling, sometimes there is live music, and always plenty of people. The best thing about the Shrimp Bucket was the waitstaff. They were so friendly and welcoming.

Favorite Dish The Shrimp Bucket Shrimp. It is deep fried and comes with dipping sauces. It is sooo good. Also the tortilla soup. It comes with all kinds of toppings to put in it. The seafood soup is also good,but you get little tentacles and stuff in there so if that freaks you out, don't order it.

nikkers18's Profile Photo