Nuevo Progreso Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Nuevo Progreso

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Garcia's Panoramic Restaurant: Lunch Overlooking the Main Street

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Jun 12, 2004

We chose Garcia's Panoramic Restaurant because it seemed to us to be the best choice in town. It is a nice dining room, complete with linen table cloths, on the second floor above one of the nicer gift shops on the main strip. From our window table we could look out over the traffic and hustle in the marketplace below. The service was very good. Our only complaint would be that we had to pay extra for every drink refill. The glasses were relatively small and we were hot and thirsty.

Favorite Dish: The fixed price luncheon menu offered a choice of 10 entres for $7.45 each plus drink. These included a 6 ounce filet mignon, Mexican plate, roast turkey, stuffed shrimp and frog legs. I had the Mexican plate and Karen tried the frog legs. Both were good but not exceptional.

Directions: On Av. Benito Juarez, about three blocks from the bridge, on the right.

Our Lunch at Garcia's

• ridermirv's Profile Photo

Arturo's: Safe, but not colorful

by ridermirv Written Apr 12, 2005

Arturo's is a more upscale place than most border town joints. It has great parking with a security guard. It's not as colorful a place as I like to frequent, but for those who are not "conditioned" for eating in Mexico, this place is for you.

Favorite Dish: Arturo's has a full bar!

Address: On the main drag in town, a few couple of blocks f

• Motorcycle

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Arturos Restaurant: Slightly Upscale and nice

by DSwede Written Sep 13, 2015

I say this restaurant is slightly upscale and by that I mean that it has a large dining area, uniformed waiters, secure parking lot and menus printed in English with US$. However the average menu item is still $8~$12, so prices are reasonable.

The service is decent and the food was delivered to the tables extremely quick, or at least it was when I was there.

Favorite Dish: All the dishes that I sampled were good, but if I had to recommend one, I'd say the Asada Emolada

Address: Av Benito Juares 203, Nuevo Progreso

Directions: If walking over the bridge from the US, this restaurant will be ~2 blocks down main street just on the left side.

Instant Answers: Nuevo Progreso

Comments

Nuevo Progreso Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Nuevo Progreso restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nuevo Progreso sightseeing.

View all Nuevo Progreso hotels