More Places to eat in North America

by lmkluque

Most Viewed Restaurants in North America

Redhawk Grille: Good All Round in Lake County, Ohio

by DAO Written May 19, 2016

I choose the Redhawk Grille because it was late and it’s the closest eatery to the
    Quail Hollow Resort and it was late when I arrived. As I walked toward the entrance I kept thinking this looks like a bar and only a bar. When I got inside it was a massive sports bar. A really awesome sports bar, but I was looking for a quiet hot meal. Have no fear! The wonderful waitress appeared! I was led to the restaurant at the rear. I also saw the excellent terrace outside. It was so warm I almost dined outside. There was a big sports event on in the bar so I had the restaurant to myself.

My waitress was quick, friendly and efficient. My iced tea arrived and my order taken. First up was what the Redhawk Grille describes as:
    Stuffed Hungarian Hots
    • Sausage Stuffed Banana Peppers with Romano Cheese, Garlic and Oil. Served with Garlic Bread.
    This could be a small meal in itself. I had no idea they could even grow Banana Peppers this large. And the sausages inside were delicious.

Next:
    • Mac ‘n’ Cheese
    Homemade Macaroni and Cheese topped with a Pepperidge Farm Goldfish cracker crust (can add chicken or beef)
    I added chicken. This was a huge dish. The chicken was well spiced, flame grilled and succulent. The Mac ‘n’ Cheese was delicious. There was so much food that what I could not eat was placed into a nice takeaway container for me. It was a wonderful early breakfast the next day.

This is an excellent restaurant. It’s also a wonderful Sports Bar where the TV’s are huge and plentiful. It’s a family oriented place that serves up either sporty/boozy fun or a family meal. A great all-rounder!

Redhawk Grille Restaurant, Lake County, Ohio Redhawk Grille Restaurant, Lake County, Ohio Redhawk Grille Restaurant, Lake County, Ohio Redhawk Grille Restaurant, Lake County, Ohio Redhawk Grille Restaurant, Lake County, Ohio

Five Guys Burgers and Fries: The Way You Would Make It

by DAO Written Feb 2, 2016

Five Guys makes burgers the way you would – if you had the time. If you don’t cook, well it’s the way I try and make them. First you take high quality ground beef and make them into large patties. Select only the juiciest and freshest salad ingredients. Slice your tomatoes, onions, lettuce and pickles and set them to the side. Ready the cheeses, mustard, ketchup and mayo. Now season and grill the beef patties to a juicy perfection. Warm the hamburger buns on the grill. Now assemble it all and eat it. Simple and delicious. Five Guys just does the basics right. They advertise you can order a burger with 250,000 combinations. That would keep my brother happy (only pickles and mustard on his).

The also do hot dogs (including kosher), a vegetarian option (not for me!) and even a BLT. For the kids, they serve fresh grilled cheeses. Five Guys is meticulous about their ingredients. As their kitchens are open, you can see the quality going in to your delicious and hot burger. They are proud to tell you their meat is never frozen and that the cook in 100% peanut oil. Across the restaurant are large sacks of fresh potatoes for their delicious fries. There are also boxes of peanuts in the shell, which you seem to be able to help yourself to. This is a slow version of fast food. It takes a few more minutes than some of the larger places, but the taste is much much better and fresher.

By the way the Five Guys are brothers. The four eldest open their first location in Arlington Virginia in 1986 (the fifth showed up later). They have over 1000 locations across the USA and Canada. It’s actually a franchise chain and they have 1500 more locations planned. You can buy a Five Guys and make your own burgers. Well done guys.

Five Guys Burgers and Fries Five Guys Burgers and Fries Five Guys Burgers and Fries Five Guys Burgers and Fries Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Applebee's: The Salt Shaker, Mentor, Ohio

by DAO Written Jan 21, 2016

I have never had a bad meal in an Applebee’s in the USA or Canada. Not until I ate here at their Mentor location. I dined here with family and decided to go with a tasty and safe option to get started. Nachos with pulled beef. My first bite of one of the nachos was the overpowering taste of salt. It seemed to be covered in the stuff. I tried the beef by itself. More salt. I even asked family to verify how bad it was. Yep – just covered in salt.

I shared a good 2 for $20 meal deal with my mum. I selected the Three Cheese Chicken Penne.
    Applebee’s describes this as ‘A blend of Italian cheeses top a rich mix of penne pasta, grilled chicken, bruschetta tomatoes, fresh basil and creamy Alfredo sauce’. I describe this as an average dish covered in salt! What is wrong with this location? Either they have a chef with weak taste buds or their salt dispenser has extra-large holes. I really found the quality of food here poor and the service was not even that great. I will dine at Applebee’s again, just not here.

Applebee's, Mentor Applebee's, Mentor Applebee's, Mentor Applebee's, Mentor Applebee's, Mentor

Huck Finn’s Café: Bad Beyond Belief in New Orleans

by DAO Written Jan 14, 2016

A restaurant should never serve food that almost breaks your teeth while you are eating. A bone? No – it was my rice! How could any place with as much promise and hype be this bad? With advertising outside promising Po-Boys, Gumbo, Blackened Alligator and Jambalaya, I was very excited and walked in. Near the entrance are several glass aquariums with baby gators and turtles. I was lead through the massive sports bar to a table near the kitchen. And then I did 2 stupid things. One was that I ordered food and the second was that I ate it.

My starter of Boudin Balls tasted like deep fried crap. It’s advertised as ‘A southern pork sausage with rice, rolled, panko breaded, and deep fried, served with remoulade.’ The essential word here is ‘fried’. I think they left it in the fryer and forgot about it. The Buffalo wings tasted of old chicken that was tough and probably out of date. Then my main meal.

The dish is called ‘A Taste Of New Orleans’. They must mean the sewer system or some bricks, or both. Advertised as ‘Crawfish Etouffee, Jambalaya, Red Beans and Rice, served with French bread;. Essentially they have taken some poor quality, mass produced swill that they have thrown into 3 tiny bowls. They then took rice, partially cooked it and threw it on the top. To turn this mess into a potentially tooth destroying solid mass of mess, they placed it under a heat lamp for way too long. After I injured my tooth, I found the rest of the meal inedible.

New Orleans has some very good restaurants. This mass-produced swill factory will never be one of those. They truly don’t give a damn about the quality of their food.

AVOID

Huck Finn���s Caf��, New Orleans (its shit) Huck Finn���s Caf��, New Orleans (its shit) Huck Finn���s Caf��, New Orleans (its shit) Huck Finn���s Caf��, New Orleans (its shit) Huck Finn���s Caf��, New Orleans (its shit)
    • Gay and Lesbian

Quaker Steak & Lube - Cleveland: The Filling Station

by DAO Written Nov 21, 2015

When I was a kid I would always see signs for Quaker State Oil at filling stations (petrol garages). Well if you are flying out of Cleveland Airport – you my friend are in luck. Quaker Steak will fill you up with both high quality and quantity food and drink. It looks like a cross between a gas station and a diner. The menu looked very good and I ordered a beer. The waitress said the sizes of the draft beers were something like small, medium, large and ‘we will empty the beer wagon for you’. I ordered the huge one and a massive tankard of cold beer arrived. It was $10 but great value considering we were airside in an airport.

The menu looked so good I wanted it all. Half-pound burgers, pasta, salads, ribs, steak and combos. Their signature dish though is actually wings. Wings with 25 varieties of sauce. They actually explain the temperature of some of the hotter sauces using the SHU (Scoville Heat Unit) measurement. This is a real measurement of how much liquid you will require before you no longer taste/feel the heat from spicy food. Now you know why they have some big-ass beers here.

I had a delicious CHEESESTEAK PHIL-M-UP. They describe how good it is - Tender shaved sirloin, sautéed mushrooms, peppers and onions with creamy melted cheese. It tasted as wonderful as they describe it. Another beer and I was filled up and ready to take-off!

At Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, make sure you fill up here.

Open:
    Monday - Friday: 5am - 7pm
    Saturday: 6am - 5pm
    Sunday: 6am - 730pm

Quaker Steak & Lube - Cleveland Airport Quaker Steak & Lube - Cleveland Airport Quaker Steak & Lube - Cleveland Airport Quaker Steak & Lube - Cleveland Airport Quaker Steak & Lube - Cleveland Airport
    • Beer Tasting

• Byssa's Profile Photo

Dominos Pizza

by Byssa Updated Jul 6, 2015

This is so far my favourite fastfood in North America. I am in love with this pizza, and I do have so many memories with this pizza. It must be peperonies on it.

Favorite Dish: read above, but for sure it will be when you have lots of cheese and peperoni. Especially if you eat the pizza the day after a beach day and a long night in a bar/night club. I can still feel the delicious taste in my mouth.

ROTISSERIE ROMADOS: PORTUGUESE DELIGHT - MONTREAL

by DAO Written May 9, 2015

Get in there! This place looks a bit basic, but they serve up some real taste treats. They cook their chickens to absolute mouth-watering, moist, delicious perfection. I had half a frango (chicken) with a bit spicy sauce, salad and fries. Amazing. Simple, yet fantastic. They also serve cold (non-alcoholic) drinks and have a fresh bakery inside as well. I had mine to takeaway in a large polystyrene box and went outside to enjoy my food and my day. You get a lot for a little. So get in there!

Favorite Dish:
    Half a frango meal and a diet soda.

ROTISSERIE ROMADOS - MONTREAL ROTISSERIE ROMADOS - MONTREAL ROTISSERIE ROMADOS - MONTREAL ROTISSERIE ROMADOS - MONTREAL ROTISSERIE ROMADOS - MONTREAL

• pwh58's Profile Photo

n/a: Tipping at U.S. buffets and cafeterias

by pwh58 Written Oct 16, 2011

In most serve yourself restaurants, it is not expected that customers tip. However, I've have seen tip containers at cash registers and if we have good attention by the serve staff at whatever level the establishment has, we usually do leave a tip. In full serve restaurants, the tip expectation is from 15% to 20% of the tab. However, in a self-serve establishment with good and friendly people, I usually do leave around 12% - 15%. In heavily tourist locations, college students (even those from foreign countries) are widely used. They work hard and are at the bottom of the economy, so I usually consider that when I'm on vacation.
    I hope your US travels are positive.

Favorite Dish: n/a

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Spirits On Peel, New Hamburg Ontario: Amazing atmosphere, food (leave room for dessert!)

by Horea Updated Apr 4, 2011

This restaurant has such a nice ambience. The food is outstanding! The thai hot and sour soup, casear salad, stacked tomato salad, filet or atlantic salmon, chicken supreme are all my favourites. But make sure you leave more for dessert! It is INCREDIBLE!

It is a short drive from kitchener-waterloo area (like 10-15 minutes) and it is worth it! I know a lot of people who attend the stratford festival also dine there when they are in town year after year (as that is what the waitress told me) and that this summer will be their 5 year anniversary.

They recently changed the look inside a bit (tables and painted the walls a new colour) and it looks fabulous!

They also have theme nights, live music and are starting brunch on sundays in April I believe.

Lots of fun drinks as well. My wife loves the martinis.

Check it out! You won't be disappointed!

Favorite Dish: Fresh salmon baked with a garlic & pecan Parmiggiano Reggiano crust, served with rice pilaf, fresh vegetables & shallot Reisling wine butter. Need I say more? It melts in your mouth.

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Chicken Maison - Healthy Mediterranean Restaurant: Yelp: Best Restaurants in Redondo Beach

by sksplit Written Feb 3, 2010

REVIEWS:

QFC(quality, friendliness, cleanliness). This place is a perfect storm in the making. The chicken here is delicious!!!! If you are not a garlic person then u have no business writing a bad review!!!!! I work in the area and my co-workers and I come here about 3 times a week. We have pretty much ordered everything on the menu and have no complaints. Try the chicken kabob with a side of humus and rice!!!! My favorite!!!!!

My wife found this place, so she gets credit for the find, but the food gets the credit for the 5 star rating at Chicken Maison!
    The Spicy Garlic Chicken is incredible! Half of a rotisserie chicken bathed in some delicious spicy sauce served with 2 sides for $8... and it comes with the BEST garlic sauce I've ever had!!
    The Maison Special salad is another excellent choice...
    I've eaten here a bunch and the service has always been quick and friendly.
    There's plenty of these places around, but I'll drive the extra miles to get food from Chicken Maison... It's that good!

This place is THE BOMB!
    Huge portions, the best hummus, gyros, lamb, and baklava.
    I remember driving by and just randomly strolling in, only to find this is a zagat rated place for under 10 dollars a plate.

5 Stars. Take-out. I ordered and my wife picked up, but she says she wants to dine-in next time. Not only a good middle eastern joint in the area, but probably the best I've had of this genre...(take-out Lebanese/middle eastern)

The food just got me really excited. Huge portions, fresh ingredients. It screamed, "We care about our food and our customers and are proud of it." great service, big portions, diverse menu.

@Open: Mon. - Sun. Hours: 11am - 9pm

3222 S. Bristol St.
    Santa Ana, CA 92704
    Tel: 714-434-0244

vegetarian restaurant irvine,
    mediterranean food 90278, mediterranean food 90278, mediterranean food palos verdes, palos verdes mediterranean food, redondo beach mediterranean food, manhattan beach mediterranean food, lamb kabobs redondo beach, mediterranean food lomita, mediterranean food palos verdes, falafel lomita, falafel palos verdes, gyros torrance, mediterranean food 90505, falafel torrance, falafel 90505, hummos palos verdes, hummos torrance, hummos redondo beach, hummos 90505, grape leaves torrance, grape leaves palos verdes, lamb kabob south bay, falafel palos verdes, mediterranean catering palos verdes, mediterranean catering hawthorne, beef shawarma torrance, beef shawarma gardena, beef shawarma 90503, gyros torrance, gyros 90503, gyros 90505, mediterranean restaurant redondo beach, mediterranean restaurant south bay, south bay mediterranean restaurant, mediterranean restaurant southbay, mediterranean restaurant 90278, redondo beach mediterranean restaurant, chicken dijon, chicken restaurants, healthy food redondo beach, al hamra cafe, daphnes cafe, vegetarian restaurants southbay, best restaurants south bay, delivery food redondo beach, catering services lomita, catering southbay, southbay catering, palos verdes caterers, best catering south bay, best catering redondo beach, best catering torrance, manhattan beach healthy food, healthy restaurants manhattan beach, mediterranean cuisine redondo beach, mediterranean food redondo beach, mediterranean food 90277, mediterranean restaurant redondo beach, mediterranean restaurant 90277, mediterranean food 90274, mediterranean food palos verdes, mediterranean restaurant palos verdes,palos verdes mediterranean restaurant,redondo beach mediterranean restaurant, 90277 mediterranean restaurant,rotisserie style chicken redondo beach, mediterranean food hermosa beach, rotisserie chicken hermosa beach, rotisserie chicken 90254, hermosa beach rotisserie chicken, 90254 rotisserie chicken, mediterranean cuisine san pedro, mediterranean cuisine palos verdes, mediterranean food san pedro, mediterranean food palos verdes, catering san pedro, catering palos verdes, food delivery san pedro, food delivery palos verdes, chinese chicken salad, catering south bay, lunch, food, restaurant,torrance catering, weddings receptions, event planning catering, corporate events, torrance catering, south bay catering, food catering lomita, food catering south bay, food catering torrance, torrance food catering, food catering palos verdes, palos verdes food catering, pv food catering, food catering pv, food catering 90505, 90505 food catering, catering palos verdes peninsula, food catering palos verdes,hermosa beach mediterranean food, mediterranean food hermosa beach, middle east restaurant hermosa beach, best restaurant in the south bay,greek food manhattan beach, greek restaurant manhattan beach

Favorite Dish: mediterranean food santa ana, mediterranean food costa mesa, chicken torrance, chicken redondo beach, middle eastern food redondo beach, greek food manhattan beach, chicken manhattan beach, chicken restaurant torrance, chicken restaurant redondo beach, chicken maison rotisserie and grill, maison grill, maison kabob, chicken maison south bay, redondo beach chicken maison, mediterranean restaurant south bay, mediterranean food torrance, mediterranean food redondo beach, greek food torrance, torrance greek food, middle eastern food torrance, redondo beach middle eastern food, healthy food torrance, redondo beach healthy food, vegetarian food redondo beach, vegetarian food torrance, chicken restaurant torrance, chicken restaurant redondo beach, rotisserie chicken palos verdes, mediterranean food torrance, greek food palos verdes, middle eastern cuisine torrance, mediterranean food redondo beach,mediterranean food santa ana,mediterranean food costa mesa, middle eastern food santa ana, middle eastern food costa mesa, greek food santa ana, greek food costa, healthy food santa ana, healthy food costa mesa, salads santa ana, salads costa mesa,catering santa ana, catering costa mesa
    vegetarian restaurant irvine,

• Spa and Resort
    • Singles

• Woody's Steak House: Don't Miss Out On Woody's Steak House

by BW02 Written Sep 20, 2009

Loved this old place. Walked in and was greeted by a very friendly young lady. She took me to a table near the piano bar. Which is something I like alot. My waitress was equaly nice, she ran me drink from the bar gave me enough time and I ordered the ribeye with salad, mushrooms, and WOODY'S POTATO. A few songs were played the place started filling up and then came one of the best meals I have ever eaten. The steak was simply amazing the flavor and tenderness, the salad fresh crisp, the mushrooms tons of taste and the quite large potato was awesome. Woody's was my favorite stop in Nashville for sure.

Favorite Dish: Ribeye steak and Woody's Potato. The steak and potato were full of flavor.

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Francisco's REstaurant: Francisco's in Durango!

by startrvlr Written Dec 29, 2008

We had a great time at Francisco's and just couldn't get over the quality and quantity of the food. It looks like a mexican food place, but the seafood and steaks were so delicious. They also have excellent margaritas, lots of beers and a great wine list. There were a lot of locals in their eatting, so that usually means that the place is great...and it was. Plus, the art work and stuff is like a western museum. There were seriously items on display that I don't think you would see even in a museum. It was a terrific experience and they were able to accommodate even a large group with no notice. They are great folks! Don't miss going to Francisco's if you go to Durango.

Favorite Dish: Surf and turf....the lobster was amazing and the steak was one of the best pieces of angus beef that I've ever had. Other people had chicken chipolte pasta that was great and the top shelf margarita was the best I've ever had.

• Skiing and Boarding

KFC: COLONEL SANDERS - HERO

by DAO Written Jul 22, 2008

COLONEL HARLAND DAVID SANDERS – (NORTH) AMERICAN HERO.
    Harland Sanders tried and failed at many jobs all the way into his 40’s. He was a soldier, railroad fireman steamboat driver, insurance salesman, farmer and much later a cook. He worked hard and never gave up trying to become a success. In 1930 he ran a gas station (petrol garage) in Corbin Kentucky and began to cook for travellers. His experiments with spices and pressure cookers led to chicken that was cooked faster and is "finger lickin' good"!

His cooking became so popular it has become a global phenomenon. Often imitated but never successfully copied, his Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurants now serve people from 32,500 locations in more than 100 countries and territories.

He was made a Colonel of Kentucky in 1935 – the state’s highest honour.

They just don’t make ‘em like the Colonel anymore.

His original restaurant (pictured) in Corbin is still operating today.

Favorite Dish: Original recipe bucket, mashed potatos and gravy!

THE MCDONALD BROTHERS

by DAO Updated Jul 21, 2008

It’s all a lot of Kroc. Seriously, just look at the McDonalds website and it’s a few paragraph in before they bother to mention the McDonald brothers. McDonalds restaurant is the most successful restaurant in the history of the world. It has been the first job for many successful people, including me. It was originally founded by Dick and Mac McDonald in San Bernardino, California (who names their kid Mac McDonald?). They cooked hamburgers and quickly. They originated fast food. Ray Kroc sold milk shake makers and eventually bought them out. His story is all over the McDonalds website. What ever became of the McDonald brothers? Who knows.

Ronald McDonald – a clown – showed up in 1963. Was Ray having a laugh at someone’s expense? Well he had the last laugh and died rich in 1984.

I can remember a long time ago that Consumer Reports found most people preferred other fast food places taste wise, but most people would still rather go to Mickey D’s. Why? They are fast.

Big Mac anyone?

And no more jokes about the Hamburgler.

• hunterV's Profile Photo

Los Banditos: Mexican Cuisine and Atmosphere

by hunterV Updated Jan 7, 2008

"Los Banditos" mexican restaurant, Green Bay, Wisconsin, was splendid!
    I enjoyed what they call the atmosphere of a Mexican dwelling.
    The waiters were very helpful and the prices were reasonable.

Favorite Dish: Dried potatoes in chilly sauce;
    Mexican red label beer

The teachers' group at Landing in Green Bay Visiting schools of Fox Cities Our farewell dinner in Washington D.C.
    • Study Abroad

24 Reviews - 55 Photos
Chattanooga Hotels
351 Reviews - 797 Photos

Instant Answers: North America

Comments

North America Restaurants

Reviews and photos of North America restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for North America sightseeing.
Map of North America