Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

SeaWorld® San Diego
"Experience life under the sea as you watch dolphins get an up-close look at a polar bear and count the teeth on a shark! Enjoy a mythical rush on the Journey to Atlantis water ride then soar dive and twist like a ray on SeaWorld San Diego’s first multi-media double-launch coaster - Manta. See Itinerary below for descriptions of select SeaWorld attractions.""""Spend a full day exploring the awe-inspiring world of marine life at SeaWorld San Diego where every encounter is a new adventure. Come face-to-face with playful dolphins magnificent white beluga whales and friendly penguins.Upgrade your ticket to include a visit to Aquatica San Diego
From $75.00

SeaWorld San Diego Transportation and Admission
"Every encounter is a new adventure when you come face to face with the friendly dolphins magnificent white beluga whales playful penguins of SeaWorld San Diego. Cut loose and reconnect with your kids and the kid in you in Shamu's Happy Harbor. Plunge into fun and fantasy on Journey To Atlantis. Experience Believe a visually stunning Shamu show featuring a dynamic original soundtrack. With 200 acres of world-class shows thrilling rides and unforgettable animal encounters
From $20.00

San Diego Round-Trip Theme Park Transport: SeaWorld San Diego
"You will be picked up from your San Diego hotel in the morning by a comfortable air-conditioned sedan van coach or other vehicle appropriate for the size of that day's group. Then travel to SeaWorld San Diego a sprawling marine park packed with animals shows and rides. There's no need to worry about navigating the public transportation system or fighting traffic — just sit back and enjoy the drive!After arriving at SeaWorld San Diego (admission not included) embark on a full day of family fun. See the beloved killer whale Shamu perform in his very own show. Laugh at the joyful antics of bottlenose dolphins
From $20.00

SeaWorld Tips (87)

Sea World

Ok, I don't care what age you are, but Sea World has load to offer for all ages to enjoy. Animals shows, exhibits, and some actual hands on with some dolphins and sting rays. Its been a very long time since we were here. My boys are grown and the Busch Gardens was removed. Sad to see the Clydesdales go. Yet they have improved it with many on hands exhibits, shows, and some pretty awesome rides such as the Journey to Atlantis and Manta. We made sure to watch the One Ocean show with Shamu since it will be the last time for such a show this year.

Yaqui's Profile Photo
Yaqui
Sep 04, 2016

Not what it was, it needs to close.

I do not normally do reviews, but after my experience today I felt compelled to do so. I have been to this park several times over the last 20 years. Today was very depressing. Most of the rides were closed!. Most places to eat were closed!. Every single show was really bad. The trainers and the wild life seemed more depressed than the visitors (it felt like a circus) It's time for this place to call it a day and just close. I felt so sorry for all the wild life who are being taken advantage off. It almost felt like the park was in bankruptcy and this was a last ditch effort to get as much money as they could before they close. Will never go back. Hope this place will not be open this time next year, and they release all the wild life back to its natural habitat. WISE UP SEA WORLD this is just not right.

Smities
Apr 14, 2016

Fun and educational

For a couple of Montana girls who had never seen the ocean this was an amazing experience. It takes about a day to get through Sea World. There are now even a few rides.

I purchased extra the Dolphin encounter and the girls loved it. They are not old enough to do the interaction where they get into the water with the dolphins, but with this one they do get to feed the dolphins, touch the dolphins and learn some of the training tricks. And at $60 it is far more affordable than the interaction which is $200.

Believe them when they say you are in the soak zone seating. You will get very wet. I purchased a towel and held it over us. I was ringing the water out of the towel. The river water ride is also a very wet ride. They make sure of it. the body driers do not help much on the other end.

Get the picture deal electronically, it is $79, but then you get all the pictures taken and you don't spend time picking and choosing.

I also paid for the food with my ticket. We had 2 meals in the park and it saved us money. On the ticket it was $20 each, if we had paid for the food in the park it would have been about $50 each. But the tickets doe not include food at the side stands, only at the 4 restaurants.

Dymphna1's Profile Photo
Dymphna1
Feb 26, 2016

Fun-Filled Family Day!

I hadn't been to Sea World in probably 20 years so was looking forward to going with my husband and 21 month old son who is obsessed with all things ocean and water. We purchased our tickets online the day before and because we did were able to save $30 off the ticket price per person (we paid $59 per person instead of $89). There always seems to be some sort of ticket coupon so I highly encourage you to "shop around" online before getting to Sea World. We also decided to purchase advanced parking in the VIP lot for $21 instead of $16 which allowed us to park right in front of the entrance. This made for easy in and out access.

We arrived to the park around 11am (they open at 9am) and it wasn't too crowded yet. We stopped at a number of the upclose exhibits to touch the sealife on our way to the dolphins. You can get close enough to the dolphins that you can touch them and our little one had so much fun looking the clear glass and yelling to the dolphins every time they came over splashed. We also stopped by to feed the sea lions ($5 for a box of fish) and our son loved the barking noise they were making and tried to emulate it while we there. I love that at all of the exhibits there is an educator on site who gives you information about the animals and is available for questions.

We saw two shows - the shamu whale show and the dolphin show. The Shamu show I thought was a bit of a let down, but the dolphin show was tons of fun.

The beluga whale exhibit is awesome. They also have polar bears and walruses here, although the walruses were closed for renovation when we were there. But you can get really close to the belugas and polar bears.

Food is quite expensive at the park. We had brought food for our child, but had to purchase meals for ourselves. One lunch (which isn't a lot of food) was about $15 and that didn't include a drink. Bring snacks and your own water to help save on costs while there.

We left around 3pm because our son needed a nap, but we definitely could have spent more time here. It was such a fun family day!

Usctwin's Profile Photo

3737 Sports Arena Boulevard, San Diego, California, 92110, United States
1441 Quivira Road, San Diego, California, 92109, United States
1404 Vacation Road, San Diego, California, 92109, United States

SeaWorld - Best to Watch - Complete experience

San Diego SeaWorld is a good place for a full day hangout with your family and kids. You have so many things to starting from Shamu the Killer Whale Show , Pets Show, Whale Watch, Ride to Atlantis, Penguin Watch, Encounter with Sharks. They also have dolphin show however that is not good as Shamu Whale show which is the best I would say.

Here is the clip of Shamu the killer Whale Show:

abhip2907
Apr 21, 2015

Seaworld

There are three Seaworld locations throughout the US, of the two I would have to say that the one here in San Diego is the nicest

Up until recently I thought Seaworld was a great place to visit for young and old, but after being informed about the captive Orcas, how they are treated and the small spaces they live in, I have decided that I will not patronize them ever again.

To find out more about SeaWorld and their treatment of the animals check out the movie "Blackfish"

Admission:
$57 for guests age 10+.
$47 for guests ages 3 through 9.
Free for guests 2 years old and younger.

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo
Gypsystravels
Jan 28, 2015

Even better than the zoo!

When I first brought up the idea of going to SeWorld, Sylvain wasn't entirely sure he'd want to spend a whole day at an aquarium but given how much we'd enjoyed the zoo, we decided to spend the last day of our trip to San Diego at SeaWorld. It ended up being a fabulous way to end the trip! I'll be the first to admit that admission fees ($79) are a little high, but it did feel like we got our money's worth, even more so than at the zoo. Between the animals, the shows, and the rides, the day went by incredibly fast and we were there from the moment the park opened at 10:00 am and left just a few minutes before it closed at 5:00 pm. We managed to watch three of the shows and they were a lot of fun - the one with the sea lions was my favourite! I also very much enjoyed how easy it was to see the animals and how close they were compared with those at the zoo. We rode the thrilling Manta rollercoaster, went on the Journey to Atlantis flume ride and saved the shipwreck rapids for last since I had a feeling we might get a little wet on that one - I was wrong: we got completely drenched! So much for avoiding the splash zones in all the shows ;o) Oh well, at least we managed to dry a little during the aerial tram ride. So if you do decide to go to SeaWorld, make sure to spend the entire day there or else you'll just miss out on all the fun!

Jefie's Profile Photo
Jefie
Nov 03, 2013

Our Sea World Tip

San Diego is a great place to visit and Sea World is a day full of fun. Sea World is very casual. Our tip was awesome, my boyfriend and I loved seeing all the animals. We took the train down to San Diego, so we used Prime Time Shuttle to drop and pick us up. That was a great decision, http://primetimeshuttle.com was on-time and reliable. Another plus to Sea World, would be that you can drink beer their. They sell alcohol in several places and their very chill about it too.

alayna28's Profile Photo

lmkluque

"San Diego, California"
Yaqui's Profile Photo

Yaqui

"San Diego ~San Dieguito"
Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

Jim_Eliason

"Jim_Eliason's San Diego Page"
Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Pawtuxet

"Warm up to San Diego"
matcrazy1's Profile Photo

matcrazy1

"PAGE DEDICATED TO LINDA (lmkluque on VT)"

Sea World, San Diego

If you've never been to any of the many Bush Gardens / Sea World parks around the US, you have to visit Sea World, San Diego.

The park is a great place to take you family on a weekend or even miss the crowds and going during the week. There aren't many rides to speak of but the shows are great. The 3 shows I highly recommend are the Shamu Adventure, the Dolphin Discovery, and the Fools with Tools. The last show, the Fools with Tools show is definately a must see. This show features two sea lions, Clyde and Seamore, as they put on a TV home-repair show and pretty much everything goes haywire. The whole stadium is transformed into a TV studio and they make the audience part of the show. With their slapstick style of comedy, this show is great for the kids.

During the summertime the park is open til late and a fireworks display, which can be seen from almost any where in the park, delights everyone.

The price of admission is up there, $45 for adults and $35 for kids, but if you're planning to stay in San Diego for more than a day it might be wise to take advantage of the Sea World Fun Card. There is a lot to see in the park and with kids you it would be easy for you to not be able to see everything in one day. With the Fun Card, for the price of one admission you can get re-admission to the park for the whole year. If you'll be in San Diego for a week you could come back to Sea World the next day and finish your tour off the park, and have ample time to see everything else that San Diego has to offer.

aeclar
Apr 04, 2011

Sea World

Not fun when it's cold, but still a good place to go. If you've never been to Sea World then you're missing out. If you have been to SW in another state you may not be missing much. Not much more exciting than the one in San Antonio.

maemae11's Profile Photo
maemae11
Jun 19, 2010

Highlight of our trip

Seaworld was the highlight of our trip because our kids love sea animals - particularly dolphins - so much. We had only one day because tickets are so expensive, so we arrived shortly before it opened and stayed for nearly 13 hours straight. But we saw the whole thing (some of it more than once) and had a fantastic time.

If you can afford it, I highly recommend the dolphin encounter program, which allows you to put on a wet suit and get in the water with some of the dolphins. We had a lot of fun doing it. If that's not up your alley or if it's too expensive, there's a shorter program that allows you to feed dolphins, pet them, and interact with them without getting in the water. We did both so the kids could have as much exposure to the dolphins as possible. Also, make sure you see the Shamu and dolphin shows not only during the day, but also at night because they're different.

One warning though: Everything in Seaworld is very expensive. Food, drinks, souvenirs, and anything else you can imagine comes at a high price. But I thought it was worth all the money we spent because we have some great photos, and I know our kids will never forget the experience they had.

AcornMan's Profile Photo
AcornMan
Jun 12, 2009

Sea World - San Diego

This is a wonderful place. You can often get a value pass that includes several Southern california attractions, such as Sea World and Universal Studios. If you live within a reasonable driving distance (as WE do) the season passes are also a bargain...especially if you have someone (like my WIFE!) who dreams of becoming one of the Shamu riders when she grows up!

razorbacker's Profile Photo
razorbacker
Jun 03, 2009

Things to Do Near SeaWorld

Belmont Park

Belmont Park is a beachfront amusement park in Mission Beach that offers several different rides, arcade games, shops, and restaurants. I can't say I come here for the rides, games, or shopping, but...

Bazaar del Mundo

I know this isn't the "Restaurant Tips" Section, I just wanted to show you the best place to be sitting when the free performances begin. We'll have a great view of the stage from Casa De Pico's...

Junipero Serra Museum - Presidio Park

In 1769 Spain established the Presidio of San Diego and is the oldest European settlement on the Pacific Coast of the US and Canada. Once a fortified military colony it grew to become the chief...

Old Town Trolley Tours

Old Town San Diego was a Mexican Bastion. If you want to have a different experience of nightlife with an authentic native californian mexican flavor and away from the maddening crowd in Gaslamp...

Whaley House

Whaley House was built in 1857 and was the home of local businessman Thomas Whaley. At the time it was built, the two-storey brick house was said to be one of the finest in southern California. The...

Heritage Park

This section of Old Town is operated by the county with the exception of Derby-Pendelton House, which belongs to the Save Our Heritage Foundation. Located in the northeast segment of O.T, it’s a...

Getting to SeaWorld