Map &

San Diego Round-Trip Theme Park Transport: SeaWorld San Diego
From $20.00

SeaWorld Tips (87)

Sea World - San Diego

This is a wonderful place. You can often get a value pass that includes several Southern california attractions, such as Sea World and Universal Studios. If you live within a reasonable driving distance (as WE do) the season passes are also a bargain...especially if you have someone (like my WIFE!) who dreams of becoming one of the Shamu riders when she grows up!

razorbacker's Profile Photo
Jun 03, 2009

Sea World San Diego

Sea World San Diego is a theme park plus aquarium. It has different roller coaster rides that can be enjoyed by both the young and the not-so-young. The aquarium shows to the people the different sea creatures from sharks to penguins to stingrays to walruses to other different fishes.

A whole day is worth to be spent on the Sea World San Diego because of the many things to be enjoyed. On of its main attractions is Shamu, the Whale. Shamu is the star whale of San Diego. He is trained to perform to the audience, doing flips, jumps, and getting out of the water. One of the main things people look forward to is Shamu's splash. He splashes water to the audience to the point that those seated in the first few rows get soaked! Better bring extra clothes with you when you visit Sea World. ha! ha! ha!

caseyso's Profile Photo
Aug 10, 2008

Visiting off season you may find the rides closed, but the lines for the shows are much shorter and you don't have to fight your way through the crowds. If you want to see all the attractions go during peak time. If you want to see the animals and shows it is more enjoyable off season. Seaworld is an incredible place. The Shamu show brings the most crowds and is "the show" to see. If you want to get wet sit in the Soak Zone-the first 16 rows. We sat in row 14 and didn't get wet at all, but the people below us were soaked. If it were warmer when we went I would have sat closer to the front, just be careful of any camera equipment because you will not just be wet, but as the sign states SOAKED. The shows are incredible to watch, you can really see that these amazing animals have a close relationship with their trainers. The Dolphin show is another great show to watch. We sat in the soak zone for this show as well, since we didn't get wet at the Killer Whale show we figured no big deal, but we were wrong we were drenched during the dolphin show. Off season they will take photos of you with the dolphins on select shows. While SeaWorld is famous for the killer whales, they are also home to Beluga Whales, dolphins, penguins, polar bears, flamingos, puffins,seals, sharks and the Clydesdale horses. Seaworld is an awesome family attraction and a wonderful way to spend the day. It is a great place to visit even without kids.

AVG2319's Profile Photo
Nov 11, 2008

SeaWorld - Best to Watch - Complete experience

San Diego SeaWorld is a good place for a full day hangout with your family and kids. You have so many things to starting from Shamu the Killer Whale Show , Pets Show, Whale Watch, Ride to Atlantis, Penguin Watch, Encounter with Sharks. They also have dolphin show however that is not good as Shamu Whale show which is the best I would say.

Here is the clip of Shamu the killer Whale Show:

3747 Midway Drive, San Diego, California, 92110, United States
3737 Sports Arena Boulevard, San Diego, California, 92110, United States
1441 Quivira Road, San Diego, California, 92109, United States
1404 Vacation Road, San Diego, California, 92109, United States

Avois going on weekends, too many visitors!!! Food is far to expensive and awful!
Shamu show (be there at least 30 minutes before the show starts and if you don't want to get soaked avoid the 15 first rows)
Seamore, sea lion show
Dolphin show

Don't forget the sunscreen!!!!!
Adult single day: 57$

Peggy-Puggy's Profile Photo
Aug 18, 2007

2007 Update

Okay...I have need going to Sea World since the 70s, but hadn't been there for about 5 years. We went on a Wednesday in July (great idea to go M-W) and got there as the gates opened at 9am (another great idea).

I bought a discount code on e-bay (search sea world discounts) for 99 cents and ended up saving 20% on all my tickets!!! ( I saved over $50 bucks) I even got two day tickets with the discount price. I highly recommend this to everyone because deep Sea World discounts are not readily available on-line.

The park was wide open all morning. I rode Atlantis (okay...not that thrilling) and all the other rides without waiting at all. We then started to see all the shows.

The kids liked the Sea Lion show best, followed by the Pets, then Shamu, Cirque and the dolphins. Shamu was like a feel-good, get with nature "show". It wasn't even really a show. He splashed everyone and that was about it. Too much video wall and not enough show.

We almost closed the park (11 was too late for us) and be gets chilly at night! If you plan to stay, bring layers or a jacket.

We all enjoyed the day but a warning...we passed by Saturday and saw miles of cars at 1pm still trying to get in. I would never go on a weekend in the summer! The wait times for rides had to be over an hour.....

ArizonaExpert's Profile Photo
Jul 15, 2007

A Fun Day at SeaWorld!

We spent a Monday here the first week of December and really had a great time. We were able to take in 4 shows in one day and visited the exhibits crowd-free. This is a spectacular place to spend time while in the San Diego area. We were very impressed with the quality of the exhibits and the cleanliness of the park. The Believe show was very well done, we saw the show a few days after the trainer had been injured by one of the killer whales, so the show was done from the land with the trainers not getting in the water at all.

The sky ride that goes over Mission Bay was fun and relaxing, there is a small additional fee that is not included with your admission price for the ride, it lasts about 6 minutes. The Journey to Atlantis was really fun, it is kind of Splash Mountain drop kind of ride with some roller coaster turns, also. We rode this one twice. You do get very wet, we put our things in a locker and lost two baseball caps on this ride.

The food in the park is also good, we had lunch at the BBQ place and found the quality of the food to be much better than Disneyland. There are several exhibits that are so well-done, it's best to just take your time and plan on spending a full day here. Since it was winter, the park closed at 6:00 when we were there, but felt that we saw/did everything we wanted to do in this amount of time since there were no crowds.

There are also several gifts shops that are really fun, we brought back souvenirs to all of our family members back home. I highly recommend a visit to this San Diego attraction when in the area.

orcoastgirl's Profile Photo
Feb 10, 2007

Highly Recommended

A great park with great rides and shows. If you go during the heat of summer bring your swimtrunks as there is a great waterpark for the kids. For those looking for the ultimate expensive excursion you can sign up for a Dolphin encounter or a meal with Shamu. Sorry we passed on these and did them for a bit cheaper across the border.

Chip_Master's Profile Photo
Oct 31, 2006

Top 5 San Diego Writers

lmkluque's Profile Photo

"San Diego, California"
Yaqui's Profile Photo

"San Diego ~San Dieguito"
Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

"Jim_Eliason's San Diego Page"
Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

"Warm up to San Diego"
matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Watch Out For Waves

One of my more memorible trips as a child with my parents was to San Diego's Sea World. I was warm and begged and begged for a snow cone, and didn't get two bites into it before a jumping killer whale soaked my snack with salt water. Ick.

I was also fascinated that the trainer was so trusting to let this huge "killer" whale jump up and take a fish out of his mouth.

I was also amazed anyone would want to put a raw fish in their mouth.

mcpangie's Profile Photo
Jan 07, 2004

Sea World - not just sea life

There is so much to see here at Sea World not just sea creatures. This is a water ski display, and they were brilliant. A must see.
There are also shows and fairground rides in the park.

bugalugs's Profile Photo
Jan 25, 2005

Sea World

Feeding dolphins. Great experience.

Check out my Travelogue for more pictures.

vigi's Profile Photo
May 20, 2004

Sea World

Part marine zoo, part amusement park. This park features Shamu the killer whale along with other animal exhibits, shows and rides

Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
Jan 17, 2004

Things To Do Near SeaWorld

Belmont Park

Belmont Park is a beachfront amusement park in Mission Beach that offers several different rides, arcade games, shops, and restaurants. I can't say I come here for the rides, games, or shopping, but...

Bazaar del Mundo

I know this isn't the "Restaurant Tips" Section, I just wanted to show you the best place to be sitting when the free performances begin. We'll have a great view of the stage from Casa De Pico's...

Junipero Serra Museum - Presidio Park

In 1769 Spain established the Presidio of San Diego and is the oldest European settlement on the Pacific Coast of the US and Canada. Once a fortified military colony it grew to become the chief...

Old Town Trolley Tours

Old Town San Diego was a Mexican Bastion. If you want to have a different experience of nightlife with an authentic native californian mexican flavor and away from the maddening crowd in Gaslamp...

Whaley House

Whaley House was built in 1857 and was the home of local businessman Thomas Whaley. At the time it was built, the two-storey brick house was said to be one of the finest in southern California. The...

Heritage Park

This section of Old Town is operated by the county with the exception of Derby-Pendelton House, which belongs to the Save Our Heritage Foundation. Located in the northeast segment of O.T, it’s a...

Getting to SeaWorld