Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

San Francisco Love Tour
"San Francisco Sightseeing Tours aims to provide an enthusiastic and authentic way to get-to-know San Francisco. Hitch a ride for an experience that mixes both our love for modern day living and our memories of San Francisco in days gone by. Our 1970’s Vo complete with neon blue seats beaded curtains and shag carpets foster a Hippie vibe that celebrates Peace Love Freedom & Adventure. You will see breath-taking marvels such as the Golden Gate Bridge Lombard Street China Town The Castro and so much more.Travel down unique streets where other busses are forbidden. Visit the homes of San Francisco’s counter-culture icons such as The Grateful Dead
From $48.00

San Francisco City Tour
"The Golden Gate Bridge is an architectural masterpiece standing at a staggering 746 feet and spanning 8981 feet completed in 1937 it was the world’s longest suspension bridge until 1964. The captivating international orange color is a unique trait of the bridge.An historic icon of San Francisco the cable cars is the world's last manually operated cable car system. Running along California street the cable car connects Union Square to Fisherman’s Wharf. Due to limited time we are passing by only.Union Square located in downtown San Francisco is a large open plaza with a towering monument commemorating The May 1st
From $65.00

Romantic Sunset Champagne Seaplane Tour over San Francisco
"Your seaplane tour takes off from Sausalito a waterfront town just 4 miles (6.4 km) north of the Golden Gate Bridge. While you sip two glasses of Mumm Napa a California sparkling wine made in the traditional French method enjoy a gorgeous leisurely flight over San Francisco Bay before the sun sets. Relax during this magical time when the city and water are beautifully illuminated by the indirect light of the sun.Head out to the open Pacific Ocean and then south to the Golden Gate soaring over the iconic red towers as you make your way toward downtown San Francisco. Fly past Fisherman’s Wharf Pier 39 and the skyscrapers of the Financial District
From $551.00

Bubble Lounge Tips (24)

The Bubble Lounge: A Champagne Welcome for THE JOHNNY!

On Friday, 11 July 2003, it was a day that will live in all our memories. After spending 18 months being corrupted in the *seedy* bars of Amsterdam, our dear innocent JOHNNY_CA finally returns home to the Bay Area. He will make his nest back in Los Angeles, but made a stopover in San Francisco.

It has been a much-anticipated meeting between Johnny and his VT Yay Area friends! We couldn't settle for anything less than rollin' out the Red Carpet with Champagne and Warm Bosoms at the posh BUBBLE LOUNGE in SF to make him feel "at home" again.......

We love you man!

So glad to FINALLY meet you in person after making your acquaintance after all these months on VT!!!

Apr 04, 2011

Bubble Lounge: Splurge on bubbles

A rather famous bar located at the foot of the Transamerica pyramid, this bar lists hundreds of different champagne's.
Before I continue I should state that I went here the Friday after Thanksgiving and the place was empty. I'd like to point out that this was atypical from what I heard from other people.

First Impression
A dark, cozy room with sofa's and coffee tables. Lounge chill music played live by a DJ.
Like I stated before, I went there on a bad day (as far as business is concerned) because there were only like 6 other people in the lounge.
The bartender said that they get a lot of business from after work crowds - and I expect the same since they are located at the heart of the financial district. I will need to come back here one day on a Friday evening.

The good
Impressive list of champagne, and I sampled the "Jean Vassell", something that I had not came across before.

The bad
Well, champagne's are pricey, and I paid $17 per glass for mine. Also, their snack menu lacks the hearty ones that I prefer over vegetable-based ones.

heryanta's Profile Photo
heryanta
Nov 24, 2007

Bubble Lounge: Quaint, but Spendy

Well, this was supposed to be a great gathering for me and a bunch of my friends (many I had never met in person). Unfortunately, the main level was reserved for a exclusive private party and we were shuffled off to the lower level. You do feel like you're in a basement (you actually are) but they've made sure that you're quite comfortable...there are several comfy sofas and chairs to relax and unwind in along with a smaller, separate area if you have a small group of people. The area is also dimly lit for just the right ambiance! There's a separate bar in this area as well so you don't have to traverse the stairs to get your drinks. As far as the price goes, make sure to bring your wallet. Most of the champagne drinks are $14.00 and up but are very tasty!

Dress Code This is a fairly trendy place but you can get by with a really nice pair of jeans if you want but I'd definetly recommend not showing up in shorts and sneakers!

fargoman's Profile Photo
fargoman
May 04, 2005

Bubble Lounge: Great end to a perfect evening

The Bubble Lounge is a great spot to end a wonderful evening in San Francisco. Their choices of champagne and martinis are vast. There is no cover charge to get in. Closed Sundays and open till 1am or 2am depending on the day of the week.

Dress Code It is an upscale place and I would personally not wear jeans there. Coat and/or tie is not required though. No sneakers.

apseals's Profile Photo
apseals
Jun 07, 2004

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near San Francisco

Animas # 562 ap.3, / Campanario y Perseverancia. Centro Habana, 10200
1668 Market Street, San Francisco, California, 94102, United States
Hotels
1231 Market Street, (formerly Ramada Plaza), San Francisco, California, 94103, United States
50 8th St., San Francisco, California, 94103, United States
333 Fulton Street, San Francisco, California, 94102-4423, United States
465 Grove Street, San Francisco, California, 94102, United States

The Not-So-Fashionable Fashion Show

That evening, the Bubble Lounge was host to a Fashion Show featuring models parading the catwalk with some of the most off-the-wall outfits! I'm not talking *chic* off-the-wall......it was more like *cheap* off-the-wall.

The so-called designs were basically spinoffs of the outfits we used to wear in Elementary school! Net Fisherman's caps turned to the side, T-shirts, and baggy slacks.
It was like Shabby Chic Rugrats Fashions!

Oh well......who knows, perhaps it was fresh off the runways of Paris (2 years ago?)

Jul 15, 2003

Halftime Huddle

Johnny and Pounder take a much-needed break from the crowds to discuss their findings.

Or perhaps, Pounder was helping Johnny recover from his horrific experience with that Booby sandwich???

Or was it Johnny consoling Pounder on his *penalty interference* from those two women who pulled a "fast one on him?" Lessons learned, Dawg, lessons learned..........

Whatever it was, they were deeply engaged in conversation

Jul 15, 2003

Hoe gaat het *BAD GIRL?*

Our resident VT *Bad Girl* Mir_26 even got on the phone all the way from the Netherlands!

She wanted to share the loooooove with our Agent Pimpy and make sure Johnny was gettin' nekkid on the dancefloor as promised!

Also on the call was our own *Butterfly from Philly* Tania. (Skye820). If she can't be here with us, she's always a regular VT Tele-meeting attendee.

Jul 14, 2003

VT Motto: If ya can't join 'em.......PHONE 'em !!

During our VT Meeting with Johnny, several of our wonderful VT friends from abroad called in to send their well wishes to Johnny and the group.

Jessica chats with Yubert (from La Mirada but temporarily re-located to Northern California)

Top 5 San Francisco Writers

atufft's Profile Photo

atufft

"Bagdad by the Bay"
Karnubawax's Profile Photo

Karnubawax

"San Francisco - My Favorie City - By Default"
Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Ewingjr98

"San Francisco - "It's a free-for-all up there!""
davequ's Profile Photo

davequ

"SFO ... a declassé love letter to the CITY"

Geisha_Girl

"San Francisco: Why this heart never leaves"

What did he do Jessica??

Caught on tape!!!

Tops pleads the 5th while Jessica tears away!

We sipped Parisian martinis, Bellini cocktails, Dominatrix cocktails, Gin & Juice, Crown and 7......... this all makes for wonderfully colorful live chat!

Jul 14, 2003

Ladies and Gentlemen, introducing....Topoftheworl!

We were graced with the presence of VT's illustrious San Francisco member, Topoftheworl. We were very pleased to make his acquaintance!

He showed up to the Bubble Lounge and immediately zeroed in on the table full of VTers.

After being on VT for about 4 years now, we are very proud to be his FIRST VT MEETING!!!

So glad to meet ya Tops!

Supa Deluxe Vixen!

Hula_Girl (aka SUPA DELUXE Vixen bka Breya) met Johnny on New Year's Eve..........in Paris!

When I knew both of my dear friends were going to party in the City of Lights, I knew they would have a great time together!

Breya had a wonderful time in Paris once more and Johnny took a week to *recuperate* from the power of the VIXENS......

Breya brought her friends Carlos and Kurt along to celebrate Johnny's homecoming.

Jul 13, 2003

On the Guestlist

Both VT friends and non-VT friends showed up to give a warm Bay Area welcome to Johnny.

Dawg Pound (aka Pounder73) wouldn't think of missing this Johnny greeting. These two "homeys" shared the Bay area connection immediately.

Together they make such the *Dynamic Duo* eh Ladies??

Jul 13, 2003

Things to Do Near San Francisco

Barbary Coast Trail

The Barbary Coast Trail is a walking 3.8 mile trail using 170 bronze medallions and arrows embedded into the sidewalks connecting 20 historic sites. The southern end of the Barbary Coast Trail begins...

Fort Mason

Many people pass by the low water landscaped west side of the Fort Mason grounds, where there is also a wonderful expanse of lawn and great view of the Golden Gate Bridge. Here there are two (at...

Crissy Field

The Former Airfield of the Presidio is now a mixed use area for the public now, Crissy Field is anchored by Marina Green on the east side, and Fort Point on the West. The park is home to a multitude...
Things to Do

Ripley's Believe it or Not!

I was skeptical. Not much of an indoor explorer. But, I truly wanted to say that I had been to Ripley's in San Fran so we got the ticket and went for an adventure. I was not disappointed. It is one...

49 Mile Drive

In 1938, The San Francisco Downtown Association created the 49 Mile Scenic Drive to highlight the city's beauty and to promote it as a business and tourist destination, so the route began at City...

Market Street

What Street has given both history and Modernity in San Francisco than Market Street? Market Street is the back bone of San Francisco. To walk the length of the street is to travel throughout time and...

Getting to San Francisco

Address

714 Montgomery St

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!

Map