Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

San Francisco Sunset Champagne Seaplane Tour
"Your seaplane tour takes off from Sausalito a waterfront town just 4 miles (6.4 km) north of the Golden Gate Bridge. While you sip a glass of Mumm Napa a California sparkling wine made in the traditional French method enjoy a gorgeous leisurely flight over San Francisco Bay before the sun sets. Relax during this magical time when the city and water are beautifully illuminated by the indirect light of the sun.Head out to the open Pacific Ocean and then south to the Golden Gate soaring over the iconic red towers as you make your way toward downtown San Francisco. Fly past Fisherman’s Wharf Pier 39 and the skyscrapers of the Financial District
From $239.00

San Francisco Love Tour
"San Francisco Sightseeing Tours aims to provide an enthusiastic and authentic way to get-to-know San Francisco. Hitch a ride for an experience that mixes both our love for modern day living and our memories of San Francisco in days gone by. Our 1970’s Vo complete with neon blue seats beaded curtains and shag carpets foster a Hippie vibe that celebrates Peace Love Freedom & Adventure. You will see breath-taking marvels such as the Golden Gate Bridge Lombard Street China Town The Castro and so much more.Travel down unique streets where other busses are forbidden. Visit the homes of San Francisco’s counter-culture icons such as The Grateful Dead
From $48.00

San Francisco City Tour
"The Golden Gate Bridge is an architectural masterpiece standing at a staggering 746 feet and spanning 8981 feet completed in 1937 it was the world’s longest suspension bridge until 1964. The captivating international orange color is a unique trait of the bridge.An historic icon of San Francisco the cable cars is the world's last manually operated cable car system. Running along California street the cable car connects Union Square to Fisherman’s Wharf. Due to limited time we are passing by only.Union Square located in downtown San Francisco is a large open plaza with a towering monument commemorating The May 1st
From $65.00

Yosemite National Park Tips (7)

Bow To 'El Capitan'

One of the highlights of my San Francisco trip, Yosemite provide nature-lovers with scenic views and inviting trails. Making this day trip was worth it. You can spot mountain-climbers at the face of El Capitan as well as hike along the trails. This is a wonderful experience...

jltan's Profile Photo
jltan
Feb 10, 2005

One of the World's Great Natural Beauties-Yosemite

If you decide on a side trip to Yosemite, you must see one of it's many treasures. In Yosemite valley is a magnificent hotel & restaurant: the Ahwahnee.

As a National Historical Landmark and one of the most distinctive resort hotels in North America, The Ahwahnee is known for its great granite façade, striking beamed ceilings, massive stone hearths, richly colored Native American artwork, and finely appointed rooms. With 123 rooms & only 99 guest rooms plus 24 cottages, the Ahwahnee is usually booked a year in advance.

Completed in 1927, the hotel features grand public spaces featuring giant stone fireplaces, massive hand-stenciled beams, rich tapestries and elegant stained glass.

When we went to Yosemite, we couldn't afford to stay at the Ahwahnee (with rates starting at
$350 per room) but we could have dinner there.
It was a wonderful experience. Just to walk through the place is very enjoyable.

For great photos of the Ahwanhnee, see the
website below.

Sandi-2004's Profile Photo
Sandi-2004
Oct 03, 2004

Feel closer to God in Yosemite Park

The most majestic and beautiful place I have ever been in my whole life...I just wish I could spend more time there, a week maybe...only one day is definately NOT enough! The place is a breath taking...it makes you feel so close to God...it's blessed for sure. Worth a visit!! I will never forget what I had in front of my eyes...everything so beautiful...The Mirror Lake is a must see in Yosemite

Sunshinekiss's Profile Photo
Sunshinekiss
Jun 29, 2004

Worth the Trip

I made several trips to San Fran and L.A. before I made it to Yosemite. I think occurred because there is just so much to do in both places. Overall, though, my trips to Yosemite have been more fun and memorable than anything that I've done elsewhere in California. I highly recommend that you make a trip here.

where2next's Profile Photo
where2next
Apr 09, 2004

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near San Francisco

Animas # 562 ap.3, / Campanario y Perseverancia. Centro Habana, 10200
1668 Market Street, San Francisco, California, 94102, United States
Hotels
1231 Market Street, (formerly Ramada Plaza), San Francisco, California, 94103, United States
50 8th St., San Francisco, California, 94103, United States
333 Fulton Street, San Francisco, California, 94102-4423, United States
465 Grove Street, San Francisco, California, 94102, United States

Yosemite National Park

Yosemite is a MUST SEE when you visit California. For additional photos and information see my Yosemite page at:

Yosemite

From the NPS website:

"Yosemite National Park embraces a spectacular tract of mountain-and-valley scenery in the Sierra Nevada, which was set aside as a national park in 1890. The park harbors a grand collection of waterfalls, meadows, and forests that include groves of giant sequoias, the world's largest living things.

"Highlights of the park include Yosemite Valley, and its high cliffs and waterfalls; Wawona's history center and historic hotel; the Mariposa Grove, which contains hundreds of ancient giant sequoias; Glacier Point's (summer-fall) spectacular view of Yosemite Valley and the high country; Tuolumne Meadows (summer-fall), a large subalpine meadow surrounded by mountain peaks; and Hetch Hetchy, a reservoir in a valley considered a twin of Yosemite Valley. "

grandmaR's Profile Photo
grandmaR
Aug 22, 2003

Dark Star Hotel

If you leave Yosemite you can easily drive on the way to the border of California and Nevada, the scenery is cool, on the way, you can ask for some info's about some old gold mines, there's some lakes and moutains in the surroundings, well its hard to explain but quite easy to find !

RafaGoes's Profile Photo
RafaGoes
Jun 18, 2003

We made a trip out to...

We made a trip out to Yosemite. It was absolutely beautiful...pity we only had only 2 days to explore the place. We certainly didn't had to luxury to follow as many trials as we would have liked. Watch out for more details and pics in my travelogue.

ycwong's Profile Photo

atufft

"Bagdad by the Bay"
Karnubawax's Profile Photo

Karnubawax

"San Francisco - My Favorie City - By Default"
Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Ewingjr98

"San Francisco - "It's a free-for-all up there!""
davequ's Profile Photo

davequ

"SFO ... a declassé love letter to the CITY"
Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

Geisha_Girl

"San Francisco: Why this heart never leaves"

Things to Do Near San Francisco

Barbary Coast Trail

The Barbary Coast Trail is a walking 3.8 mile trail using 170 bronze medallions and arrows embedded into the sidewalks connecting 20 historic sites. The southern end of the Barbary Coast Trail begins...

Fort Mason

Many people pass by the low water landscaped west side of the Fort Mason grounds, where there is also a wonderful expanse of lawn and great view of the Golden Gate Bridge. Here there are two (at...

Crissy Field

The Former Airfield of the Presidio is now a mixed use area for the public now, Crissy Field is anchored by Marina Green on the east side, and Fort Point on the West. The park is home to a multitude...
Things to Do

Ripley's Believe it or Not!

I was skeptical. Not much of an indoor explorer. But, I truly wanted to say that I had been to Ripley's in San Fran so we got the ticket and went for an adventure. I was not disappointed. It is one...

49 Mile Drive

In 1938, The San Francisco Downtown Association created the 49 Mile Scenic Drive to highlight the city's beauty and to promote it as a business and tourist destination, so the route began at City...

Market Street

What Street has given both history and Modernity in San Francisco than Market Street? Market Street is the back bone of San Francisco. To walk the length of the street is to travel throughout time and...

Getting to San Francisco

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Off The Beaten Path. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Off The Beaten Path. Help us improve our info!

Map