map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

5 Hour Self-Guided Tour of San Francisco in a Classic VW Bug
"Hop in a classic Volkswagen convertible Bug at Fisherman's Wharf and embark on your GPS-guided tour of beautiful San Francisco! You’ll drive a stick shift in a car that fits up to four people.As you explore the city at your own pace select destinations from the GPS by touch or voice. Your state-of-the-art GPS is pre-loaded with 40 of San Francisco's top locations and has text and voice commands available in more than 20 languages. If you have any other specific sites you want to visit you can program them into the GPS as well.Explore Chinatown wind down Lombard Street stop by the Presidio and spend time at the San Francisco Zoo. Take a movie location tour and see sites from films such as Bullitt
From $75.00

4 Hour Self-Guided Tour of San Francisco in a Classic VW Bug
From $63.00

San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Tour 1 Day Pass
"Yellow Bus Hop On Hop Off City Loop has 17 different stops and runs every 30 minutes.*Walk Pier 39 and visit the sea lions the carousel and try the world famous clam chowder*Don't forget to taste some Ghiradellii chocolate*Two stop at the Golden Gate Bridge allows anyone the chance to walk across and view the amazing sights*The Golden Gate Park stop includes: The De Young Museum and the Academy of Science.*Two stops near Haight and Ashbury allows you to walk the streets where some of the famous musicians walked.*Alamo Square Stop is where you can see the houses from the television show FULL HOUSE as well as the f grab a bite to eat or take a cable car up and down the hills of San Francisco*Chinatown Gate stop is a great stop to walk around Chinatown and see the Chinatown Gates. *Stop at North Beach
From $27.00

Cheesecake Factory Tips (14)

The Cheesecake Factory: The Cheesecake is divine!!!

I've visited The Cheesecake Factory with a friend for dinner, in 2002, when I was in San Francisco.

We ordered a main meal with the aim of having cheesecake for dessert. I was shocked how big the portions were for both the main courses and cheesecake slices. I was very full from my main course that I purchased a couple of slices of cheesecake to takeaway and have later.

I remember how yummy the food and cheesecake were and certainly will return on a future visit to San Francisco.

Further information about The Cheesecake Factory's history can be found here.

Favorite Dish The cheesecake

spidermiss's Profile Photo
spidermiss
Jun 22, 2016

Cheesecake Factory: Roof top withA View of Unions Square!

It is the only Northern California branch of Cheesecake Factory that occupies the top floor of Macy's Union Square location. Very popular because of the Ambiance and off course because of the view of union square area and beyond. Among the polished brass fixtures, marble-topped almost everything and the sinuous mouth-blown glass lamps of this operation, ladies who lunch, tourist families, and locals negotiate a voluminous menu and Cheesecake factory give you really big portions. This is one of my favorite areas in the Union Square Area, even better than the Burger Bar at the floor below it. The food is decent, atmosphere is good, it's just the waiting time can be way tooo long since this is Union Square Area!

Favorite Dish Choose from crisp salads, tasty burgers, nicely done pasta dishes, fried chicken and, of course, cheesecake.

Prices: Appetizers $5.95-$9.95; entrees $7.95-$26.95; dessert $5.95-$7.50

Opens: 11am-11pm Mon-Th, 11a-midnight, Fri-Sat, 10am-10pm Sun, 10am-11pm

machomikemd's Profile Photo
machomikemd
Mar 10, 2012

Cheesecake Factory: Resto with a View to Union Square

Part two of my cheesecake factory tips with more pictures. Again, the Place is the only Northern California branch of Cheesecake Factory that occupies the top floor of Macy's Union Square location. Very popular because of the Ambiance and off course because of the view of union square area and beyond. Among the polished brass fixtures, marble-topped almost everything and the sinuous mouth-blown glass lamps of this operation, ladies who lunch, tourist families, and locals negotiate a voluminous menu and Cheesecake factory give you really big portions. The food is decent, atmosphere is good, it's just the waiting time can be way tooo long since this is Union Square Area!

Favorite Dish You can choose from crisp salads, tasty burgers, nicely done pasta dishes, fried chicken and, of course, their original cheesecake. My choices were the rib eye steak for $ 40, the Wagyu Burger at $ 17 and the Meatloaf at $ 16 plus the original cheesecake at $ 7. The extensive menu includes over 200 selections, including appetizers, pizza, pasta, seafood, steaks, salads, sandwiches, etc. Its featured dishes include Chicken Madeira, Miso Salmon, Cajun Jambalaya Pasta, and The Factory Burger. They have 50 different cheesecakes and desserts, including their registered trademark, White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake, and their Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake. (One of My fave Chocolates, see my Godiva Chocolate shopping tips here).

Opens: 11am-11pm Mon-Th, 11a-midnight, Fri-Sat, 10am-10pm Sun, 10am-11pm

machomikemd's Profile Photo
machomikemd
May 14, 2011

Cheesecake Factory: Fast Food at its Mega-Best

Hungry from a morning's sightseeing, we found the Cheesecake Factory quite by accident as we rode the Macey's elevator to the fifth floor. Joininng the queue for the elevator, I half guessed that I wasn't going to find jut your regular store cafe, and in this respect I was quite right.

We had to wait 20 mins for a table and were guided by our satellite remote holder which flashed red when a table was ready for us.

We were guided to a spacious table in a highly charged electric atmosphere filled restaurant. Servers rushed here and there to fill the palates of the hungry, the thirsty, and the vaguely interested.

Apart altogether from the hundred and one versions of cheesecake that are there to tease you, there are so many other savoury and sweet dishes on the menu that you could come here for a month and not be bored. I watched enormous salads, chicken dishes, and wraps float past our table.

Favorite Dish As we had come for a light lunch we opted for three starter portions between us. We ordered corn dogs, stuffed mushrooms, and buffalo wings. There was enough food to feed four easily. It was tasty and fresh and well served.

After lunch we strolled to the balcony and watched the ice skaters on Union Square.

It's also possible to have a balcony side table, though we declined, finding it too cold. That saying, the balcony tables are heated.

SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

345 Stockton Street, San Francisco, California, 94108, United States
433 Powell Street, San Francisco, California, 94102, United States
340 Stockton Street, San Francisco, California, 94108, United States
335 Powell Street, San Francisco, California, 94102-1875, United States

Cheesecake Factory: More than a great cheesecake!

I like the Cheesecake factory because the menu variety seems to satisfy everyone from the vegetarian to the carnivore; the Union Square Location is a bonus.
They have an awesome bar and make a great martini! You can have appetizers or cheesecake at the bar or dine in one of two dining rooms; one is inside and the other is outside and overlooks Union Square and SF skyscrapers.
The service is friendly and quick, the food is tasty. This place can get very busy especially on a holiday. It's also open late at night. This restaurant is perfect for tourists since it's in Union Square but not so touristy that locals would not like it.

Favorite Dish So many to choose from but what I have tried so far is the Steak Diane which was very nice. Yesterday's meal (1/6/2008) was the SPICY CRISPY CHICKEN SANDWICH
Crispy Coated Chicken Breast Covered with Melted Cheese and
Either Our Spicy Buffalo Sauce or Chipotle Pepper Mayo.
Served on a Brioche Bun with Fries. You can substitue a salad for the fries at no charge. Washed it down with a nice Sam Adams, tax and tip was $20

Don't forget to save room for the cheesecake!

Cruiseone2003's Profile Photo
Cruiseone2003
Jan 07, 2008

Cheesecake Factory: Mediocre Food With All the Hype

The Cheese Cake Factory in San Fran is located on the top floor of Macy's Department Store. Since we were at Union Square, and it was dinner time, we figured we'd grab a nice sit-down dinner at this place.

So we got all the way to the top retail floor of Macy's when we heard it. It sounded like a baseball stadium full of people. It was, in fact, a restaurant entrance crowded with so many people that there was no place to stand. It was absolutely mobbed. We were hungry, we were there, and I figured the food must be good if this many people were here. So I struggled my way to the front desk and said "how long for a table?". The friendly desk girl told me it would be about 20 minutes, and gave me one of those big flashing pagers that alert you when the table is ready.

So we found a small space to stand and watched the chaos of people pushing and struggling as they waited for their table. I was pretty excited thinking how good the food would be.

About 25 minutes later (not bad!) we were paged and then shown to our table.

The menu is huge (you can view it on their webpage) and has something to offer everyone. I was very impressed with the variety, and the prices all seemed fairly reasonable.

The food, however, was nothing special. The fries were hard and overcooked, the meat on my Philly Cheesesteak was tough and tasteless, and my wife's Club Sandwhich was a bit disappointing.

Favorite Dish When you go to a place called the Cheese Cake Factory, don't order the Apple Pie. Get the Cheese Cake!!

The Cheese Cake was top-notch. I got some bizarre exotic flavour like peanut butter chocolate chip oreo cookie dough or something like that. It was ok, but I've had better. My wife had the basic cheese cake and it was a lot better.

RobDavis
Aug 22, 2006

Cheesecake Factory: It's always so busy

Whichever branch of the Cheesecake Factory that I visit, there are always big big queues, so I resort to having to take-out my cheesecake. So I can't comment on the restaurant food, but the cheesecakes are amazing!!! You must try their cheesecakes!

UKDaisy's Profile Photo
UKDaisy
Jan 05, 2006

Cheesecake Factory: Got 3 hours to kill?

This place has a huge menu, and i like the food. However, the service is REALLY bad. I have had to wait over 30 minutes to get a check. Once they take your order, the servers generally seem to disappear. Not worth the trouble..

Favorite Dish Snickers Cheesecake

atufft

"Bagdad by the Bay"
Karnubawax's Profile Photo

Karnubawax

"San Francisco - My Favorie City - By Default"
Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Ewingjr98

"San Francisco - "It's a free-for-all up there!""
davequ's Profile Photo

davequ

"SFO ... a declassé love letter to the CITY"
Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

Geisha_Girl

"San Francisco: Why this heart never leaves"

Cheesecake Factory: Cheesecake Factory on Union Square

Part of chain. Overlooking Union Square, it offers a huge menu with lots of choices and generous portions. Hip modern decor. Don't forget their namesake, Cheesecake. This restaurant can be very crowded with shoppers and tourists, so be prepared to wait.

Favorite Dish CAJUN JAMBALAYA PASTA

geeyook's Profile Photo
geeyook
Dec 08, 2005

Cheesecake Factory: Cheesecake - eat in or take away.

This restaurant is great. The menu features everything from steak to salad to cheescake to fish.

The steaks are huge and the desserts are too. I can still taste the cheesecake now. Great service. Cannot fault.

Favorite Dish Filet Mignon
Cookie dough and choc chip cheesecake.

tracymg's Profile Photo
tracymg
Apr 03, 2005

The Cheesecake Factory: Incredible Cheesecakes overlooking Union Square

If you don't like cheesecake, do not worry - the menu is so huge and the portions so big that you will not have room for one as dessert. Yes, this place has the best cheesecake in the WORLD - I had the Snickers flavour the first time I went, man, I was in heaven - and a huge selection too, but there is so much on their book-like menu to eat as starters or main that you should count on taking the cheesecake home and having for breakfast. As is US policy, dishes are very big - I actually ate a whole chicken - and very very tasty. As my first real US eating experience it was a good way to start. And the best thing was we were out on the patio, which is above Macy's Union Square, and looks out on the heart of San Francisco at night. Pretty darn good.

Favorite Dish As far as cheesecake goes, I recommend their more chocolatey ones, but I will say that the Snickers one went down very well!

rickyvilla81's Profile Photo
rickyvilla81
Mar 18, 2003

Cheesecake Factory: On top of the Union

On the roof of Macy's outdoors in Union Square as a setting the Cheesecake Factory has a wonderful setting to enjoy one of the many delights listed in its vast menu.

Favorite Dish Sweet Tamale Cakes- wonderful sweet corn cakes topped with a tomatillo sauce served with sour cream and pico de gallo. YUM

Skigirl's Profile Photo
Skigirl
Jan 19, 2003

Things to Do Near Cheesecake Factory

Union Square

Union Square is right in the heart of San Francisco. Our hotel was just a couple of blocks from here. Union Square was built in 1850. It was named Union Square by San Fracisco's first major, John...

Metreon

The Metreon is a giant theater, shopping, and entertainment complex that is complete with an arcade. The AMC movie theater offers 15 screens and an IMAX theater. They feature first run movies with the...

Yerba Buena Gardens

A Tribute to the ethnic diversity of San Francisco is that the Yerba Buena Garden in South of Market has the Largest Martin Luther King Memorial in the west Coast and is the second largest MLK...

Yerba Buena Center for the Arts

I stumbled on this by accident. I had "done" Lombard Street and went exploring with my camera. The building is quirky with a blending of Spanish and modern and it's not far from the more famous Yerba...
Things to Do

Museum of Modern Art (Temp. Closure: June 2013 to 2016)

Inside the striking building is a modern art collection that boasts excellent touring exhibits, films and photography. The permanent collection includes works by Pollack, Warhol, Matisse, Picasso and...

Cathedral of St. Mary of the Assumption

In stark contrast to the traditional, old-world style of the nearby Grace Cathedral, the Cathedral of St Mary of the Assumption is built in an ultra-modern style. The design, by Pietro Belluschi and...

Getting to Cheesecake Factory