Map &

City and Sea Adventure: San Francisco Bay Cruise Including Hop-On Hop Off Tour
From $60.00

Snow Sports Tips (4)

Ice-skating at Yerba Buena Gardens

Went there on a Monday evening and despite the fact that I am super clumsy on ice, had a lot of fun. :-) Skates were comfortable, rink was spacious, music was good.
There were not too many people, although I wish there were less pros on the ice - kinda scary (and intimidating) to skate next to them.

HOURS: Usually start at 12pm or 1pm. There is also late (9pm-11pm) skating on Fridays/Saturdays.
DAYS: Every day.
PRICES: Adults pay $11 (Admission+Rental) or $8 (just Admission).
LOCKERS: 50 cents for a locker.
TEMPERATURE: Quite cold. Sweater and gloves would not be a bad idea.

NOTE: On Wednesdays evenings (from 7.30pm to 9pm), skates rental is free, save $3.

sunshine9689's Profile Photo
Apr 04, 2011

Buying Ski gear

We were going from San Francisco to Lake Tahoe for a ski holiday. If we were to do that again at Easter we would not buy any ski clothing or skis etc until we arrived here. The sales had started and the prices were fantastic. The current rate of Pound to Dollar made it even harder to resist buying at the Sports Stores near Union Square.
Everything seemed to be about a third of the price we would pay for designer names in UK

Equipment Buy Skis and ski clothing in San Francisco. The technicians said they would sort the fitting of the skis while you waited. It would have been cheaper to buy than to hire !

colbeck100's Profile Photo
May 05, 2005

are u a skateboarder?

well, then san francisco is the city for u!

A lot of people come from all over the world to skate here

this is supposed to be one of the best cities to skate cos of the handrails, loads of stairs and benches all over the city

My friends from SF skate, they usually go to Pier7 and Embarcadero, but when we were kids we used to hang around in Union Square,, not they changed the square, so not so many people go anymore

Feb 03, 2004

Shredding the Powder

My wife spent 3 days teaching me how to snowboard at Sugar Bowl Mountain. It was awesome . There was heaps of snow.

wanderingaussie's Profile Photo