Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

San Francisco Sunset Champagne Seaplane Tour
"Your seaplane tour takes off from Sausalito a waterfront town just 4 miles (6.4 km) north of the Golden Gate Bridge. While you sip a glass of Mumm Napa a California sparkling wine made in the traditional French method enjoy a gorgeous leisurely flight over San Francisco Bay before the sun sets. Relax during this magical time when the city and water are beautifully illuminated by the indirect light of the sun.Head out to the open Pacific Ocean and then south to the Golden Gate soaring over the iconic red towers as you make your way toward downtown San Francisco. Fly past Fisherman’s Wharf Pier 39 and the skyscrapers of the Financial District
From $239.00

San Francisco Love Tour
"San Francisco Sightseeing Tours aims to provide an enthusiastic and authentic way to get-to-know San Francisco. Hitch a ride for an experience that mixes both our love for modern day living and our memories of San Francisco in days gone by. Our 1970’s Vo complete with neon blue seats beaded curtains and shag carpets foster a Hippie vibe that celebrates Peace Love Freedom & Adventure. You will see breath-taking marvels such as the Golden Gate Bridge Lombard Street China Town The Castro and so much more.Travel down unique streets where other busses are forbidden. Visit the homes of San Francisco’s counter-culture icons such as The Grateful Dead
From $48.00

San Francisco City Tour
"The Golden Gate Bridge is an architectural masterpiece standing at a staggering 746 feet and spanning 8981 feet completed in 1937 it was the world’s longest suspension bridge until 1964. The captivating international orange color is a unique trait of the bridge.An historic icon of San Francisco the cable cars is the world's last manually operated cable car system. Running along California street the cable car connects Union Square to Fisherman’s Wharf. Due to limited time we are passing by only.Union Square located in downtown San Francisco is a large open plaza with a towering monument commemorating The May 1st
From $65.00

Shuttles Tips (22)

No show up - American airporter

I booked a shuttle service one week in advance from SFO to Union Square for Tuesday, July 26 at 9:10 AM. The shuttle never showed up, they had me waiting for over an hour, so I had to take another company's shuttle service, I called American airporter the following day to request an immediate refund, and the manager, Bruce, apparently was going to be helpful with my request and complain. Just as the service at the airport, that never showed up, Bruce never called back. I called again and his response was that he was doing a follow up because according to the drivers I decided to leave without waiting (one hour and 20 minutes), but he was going to keep on his follow up. To make this dreadful story short, he finally said that the managers had decided that there was no refund because I didn't want to wait.
Don't ever book this shuttle company, they take your money but don't give the service.

cvegaj
Aug 01, 2016

Lorrie's to SFO

My reservation was with Lorrie's airport Shuttle Monday at 2pm SF to SFO. I was picked up at 1:45pm the next pickup for the driver was at 2:35 those customers were late and the third pickup was at 2::45pm. I had to wait an unreasonable amount of time in the van and finally arrived at SFO at 3:20pm. This was unreasonable waiting. Lorries should have provided another van for the 2:35 and 2:45 pickup. Worst shuttle service i have ever had and will share my experience with anyone who cares to listen.

JCVeltri
Dec 02, 2015

Super Shuttle is Super Bad!

Like many other people that wrote reviews on this huge screw up of a company. If I could I would give them negative 5 stars. My wife and I had a reservation for them to pick us up at 3:50am downtown SFO for our early morning flight, we were downstairs ready to go with our luggage 5 minutes early. During the 15 min wait time one of there vans went whipping by our hotel at about 40 miles an hour, the driver not even looking for us. So we figured oh ok maybe that's not our van. 20 minutes later I decided to call. The guy on the phone checks the status on our van and says " sorry sir your van was there at 3:56am and you were not there so you are marked as a no ride". Excuse me I said we were there ready to go 10 min before that and the one van that went by sped right by us. Well sir he says it looks like you won't make your flight then. WTF who are you to say that, and thank you for not even trying to get us another ride. We ended up taking a taxi for $2.00 more then the cost of the shuttle. I recommend taking a taxi before using this company.

Courtass
Oct 09, 2013

Supershuttle

I decided to book a shuttle transfer from SFO to my hotel because I was arriving in the evening. Although walk-ups are on offer I chose to book online in advance and decided to go with a company whose name I already knew from other trips rather than with a local firm.

My inbound fight was delayed, but there was no problem. When I eventually found the shuttle stop (not terribly well-signed within the airport terminals) I simply gave my booking number to the attendant (present from 0800 to 0000) and my minibus arrived within 10 minutes or so. Shuttles are not allowed to wait on the airport itself so there's always a gap between you arriving and your shuttle turning up.

The shuttle stop is outside T1, on the upper level.

As it turned out I was the only passenger, so I got a ride from the airport to my hotel for 17USD. I wouldn't have minded sharing the ride and waiting whilst others were dropped at other SF hotels: it's a good way to see a bit of a city and get one's bearings.

I was pleased with the efficiency of the service (given my late arrival), the fare and the courtesy of the driver (who has to be tipped, of course, as is usual in the US).

I can recommend Supershuttle as a reliable and safe way to get from SFO to your hotel.

leics's Profile Photo
leics
Aug 14, 2013

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near San Francisco

Animas # 562 ap.3, / Campanario y Perseverancia. Centro Habana, 10200
1668 Market Street, San Francisco, California, 94102, United States
Hotels
1231 Market Street, (formerly Ramada Plaza), San Francisco, California, 94103, United States
50 8th St., San Francisco, California, 94103, United States
333 Fulton Street, San Francisco, California, 94102-4423, United States
465 Grove Street, San Francisco, California, 94102, United States

Especially good if you have a lot of luggage.

The Super Shuttle can take you from the airport to any destination in San Francisco for $15. Whereas it is more expensive than Bart, it is still cheaper than a taxi, and is especially good if you have a fair amount of luggage. They pick you up in a blue van with yellow writing on the sides and will take you right to the door of wherever you want to go.

RblWthACoz
Apr 04, 2011

San Francisco City Shuttle.

Used the above-named shuttle service from Lombard street motel out to the airport with a 5.00 am pickup. No problem, the guy was there at 4.55 am waiting for us. This actually turned into a private shuttle as we picked no-one else up on the way. The driver didn't chat much in the mini-bus at all, which I didn't mind at 5.00 am, but then again, once unloaded our bags he just said goodbye and didn't even wait for a tip.

At the motel when booking I paid $14 deposit and $18 to the driver for the 2 of us. Don't know if this is the cheapest shuttle out to the airport but I was pleased with the service.

pfsmalo's Profile Photo
pfsmalo
Sep 15, 2010

Airport transport

The taxi cost us $38.00 for the two of us from the airport to downtown . Leavibg we took the American Airport Shuttle for $11.00 ( with a coupon) Coupons are everywhere in the tourist papers. You have to call to reserve.

easterntrekker's Profile Photo
easterntrekker
Nov 29, 2007

Go Lorrie's Shuttle

The cheapest way to get from SFO to downtown SF is with the BART.

However if you need to get into SF at odd hours or staying outside the downtown area you might want to consider Lorrie's.

Unlike my experience with Super Shuttle who circled the terminals many times before leaving the airport Lorrie's shuttle left the airport after picking me up. There was only another person in the shuttle so I was happy that it left without waiting for it to be filled up.

The rest of the trip was thankfully also a non-event, apart from the fact that the driver refused to buckle up (yikes!).

$14 flat rate from SFO to downtown SF - good when traveling alone since the cab will cost you between $35 to $40

heryanta's Profile Photo

atufft

"Bagdad by the Bay"
Karnubawax's Profile Photo

Karnubawax

"San Francisco - My Favorie City - By Default"
Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Ewingjr98

"San Francisco - "It's a free-for-all up there!""
davequ's Profile Photo

davequ

"SFO ... a declassé love letter to the CITY"
Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

Geisha_Girl

"San Francisco: Why this heart never leaves"
View Member

Rapid bus between San Francisco and L.A.

I have to confess that I have not yet used this service, but plan to sometime soon. This "luxury" shuttle bus between SF and LA sounds like a great alternative to flying. Indeed, my last two flights between LA and SF involved delays of approximately 2 hrs. each way, and when you figure in having to get to each airport at least 60-90 minutes before your flight, a one-hour one-way trip is fast becoming a half-day affair given all the airport hassles.

California Shuttle Bus provides rapid bus service (one 15-minute rest stop at the halfway point) between San Francisco and LA for a mere $45 each way. An extra $15 for "luxury" will enable you to ensure that the seat next to you remains empty (a real luxury on airplanes and most buses these days!)

The buses leave each city every day at 1:00 pm and arrive between 7pm and 8pm, avoiding peak traffic hours in each city. There are various drop-off points listed on the website. Reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance either by phone or online.

I will update this tip after I experience it first-hand, but wanted to share it with all of you since it seems like a good deal, with good service (read the LA Times article on the website).

If anyone uses this service before I do, please post a tip describing your experience.

Happy Travels!

VdV's Profile Photo
VdV
Jul 18, 2007

FREE Burlingame Trolley: Shopping at SFO

There is no better overnight layover to have than SFO, now that we have a free SF style trolley-bus from most of the airport hotels to Burlingame's two great shopping streets, the upscale, outskirts town where the likes of Bing Crosby raised their families. Burlingame Ave has all the upscale staples: Gap, J Crew, Chico's, Banana, as well as lots of amazing restaurants and great smaller shops. Broadway Ave has many smaller family shops and holes in the wall. Flight crews especially love to take advantage of an afternoon for shopping here, why don't you? Here's the trolley L.D.

I'll just steal this from the City's website, thank you:

This shuttle runs between the hotels along Airport Blvd and Bayshore to shopping areas along Broadway and Burlingame Avenues seven days a week.

Runs seven days a week from 12:00 noon to 9:45 p.m. with a break during the 3 o'clock hour, serving both the Burlingame Avenue and Broadway shopping areas and Airport Hotels. On Fridays, Saturdays and holidays, the service continues with extended evening hours until 11:15 p.m. The shuttle stops at the lobbies of the hotels.

Currently there is no charge to passengers for the use of the shuttle services.

Airport Marriott Passenger loading zone (lobby area - beyond canopy)
Hyatt Regency Passenger loading zone (lobby area)
Crowne Plaza Passenger loading zone (lobby area)
Doubletree Hotel Passenger loading zone (lobby area)
Sheraton Hotel In front of hotel driveway on Airport Blvd.
Embassy Suites Hotel Passenger loading zone (lobby area)
Broadway Shopping S.W. corner of Capuchino & Broadway
Burlingame Ave. Shopping In front of Burlingame Caltrain Station on California.
Flag Stop On California Avenue in front of the Broadway Caltrain station

Lornabug's Profile Photo
Lornabug
Mar 14, 2007

Fast , efficient and polite

We took the Supershuttle from the airport to the OMNI hotel. This transfer was slick and I had no complaints at all. We arrived at a busy time but the journey was quick and the driver took no risks. The mini-bus was big enough for 3 families in comfort. The driver was polite but did not dominate the conversation.
Good transfer - dependable so we would use them again.

colbeck100's Profile Photo
colbeck100
May 05, 2005

shuttles from SFO

we took a shuttlebus from san francisco airport and paid together $25 because we both went to the Powell hotel the driver could make a different price he said.
so if you are with more people to the same adress i think you can talk about the price. you share the shuttle with other people so maybe the shuttle goes first to another adress.

dila's Profile Photo
dila
Jun 26, 2003

Things to Do Near San Francisco

Barbary Coast Trail

The Barbary Coast Trail is a walking 3.8 mile trail using 170 bronze medallions and arrows embedded into the sidewalks connecting 20 historic sites. The southern end of the Barbary Coast Trail begins...

Fort Mason

Many people pass by the low water landscaped west side of the Fort Mason grounds, where there is also a wonderful expanse of lawn and great view of the Golden Gate Bridge. Here there are two (at...

Crissy Field

The Former Airfield of the Presidio is now a mixed use area for the public now, Crissy Field is anchored by Marina Green on the east side, and Fort Point on the West. The park is home to a multitude...
Things to Do

Ripley's Believe it or Not!

I was skeptical. Not much of an indoor explorer. But, I truly wanted to say that I had been to Ripley's in San Fran so we got the ticket and went for an adventure. I was not disappointed. It is one...

49 Mile Drive

In 1938, The San Francisco Downtown Association created the 49 Mile Scenic Drive to highlight the city's beauty and to promote it as a business and tourist destination, so the route began at City...

Market Street

What Street has given both history and Modernity in San Francisco than Market Street? Market Street is the back bone of San Francisco. To walk the length of the street is to travel throughout time and...

Getting to San Francisco

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Transportation. Help us improve our info!

Map