Map &

Roaring Camp Steam Train Through Santa Cruz Redwoods
From $27.00

Beginner Surfing 1-Day - Santa Cruz
From $99.00

Sports / Recreation / Shopping Tips (4)

San Jose Giants, great minor league ball

Favorite thing I used to go to the San Jose Bee games as a kid and loved them. As years passed the Bee's turned into the Giants as their MLB affiliation changed.
Also, the park got a revamping. You can spend a great day here eating bbq, drinking a beer and seeing some really good baseball.
Always a fun day out.

Fondest memory Leaving in the bottom of the 9th inning, 1 out, Giants loosing 12 to 4. We had to make a dinner with family and got heckeld by some of the season ticket owners.
It was hilarious. We pretended to be for the other team and got everyone excited. Fans get really into it, but always good natured.

Jun 11, 2003

Watch a San Jose Sharks game....

Favorite thing Watch a San Jose Sharks game. I was able to book a ticket via the ticketmaster website to a Sharks game against my favourite team (Penguins) and I became a Sharks fan for a day. It's amazing, the fan support the team gets. The fans were loud and the place was rocking.

Fondest memory The best memory I have is the niceness of the people. I never once felt I was going to get mugged while I was in town.

jagr
Aug 25, 2002

Santana Row/Valley Fair combines great shopping!

Favorite thing Santana Row and Valley Fair mall (both across the street from each other) provide great shopping of most major retail shops, but if you're like me who's more into great restaurants, window shopping or being outdoors, this area is perfect to spend several hours at!

Both shopping centers have great restaurants, and Santana Row has outdoor seating for practically ALL of its restaurants and cafes! Valley Fair has a food court with a variety of cuisines for that quick bite.

Santana Row also has outdoor entertainment on the weekends and during the summer nights. A Farmers market is held twice a week. During the summer, outdoor movies are shown in one of the plazas, but for those that prefer indoor movies, there is a CineArts within Santana Row and Century Theaters across the street.

The only bad thing about this place is the traffic getting there. Traffic trickles from the main road onto the freeway and parking can be a hassle. But make sure you have comfortable shoes because once you do find parking you can pretty much walk everywhere!

jnettes13
Mar 09, 2005

San Jose Sharks

Favorite thing My absolute favorite past time in San Jose is going to a Sharks game. Get parking downtown, grab a beer and dinner any any of the places downtown and walk to the game.
The crown may not be technically hocky savvy as other towns, but they make up for it with enthusiasm.

Fondest memory Dressing up as Elvis for Halloween at a Sharks game. Had the whole upper deck chanting for me as I drunkly gave the trademark karate kicks and passed out red scarves to the ladies.

Feb 26, 2003