map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Go San Diego Card
"With the Go San Diego™ Card enjoy access to 43 unique attractions activities and tours all around San Diego and beyond including Los Angeles. A total value of more than USD $1000 the Go San Diego™ Card is available to you at one low price! Visit San Diego’s most popular attractions such as the San Diego Zoo LEGOLAND® California
From $84.00

San Diego Harbor Cruise
"Cruise through the San Diego Bay as your friendly informative narrators point out the sights. On board relax on the comfortable seating and pleasant sun decks and head down to the galley below for food and beverages available for purchase. Your fully narrated harbor cruise will take you to the US Naval fleet the famous Coronado Bay Bridge San Diego's bustling shipyards and the Star of India the oldest iron-hulled sailing ship still afloat. Take the 2-hour harbor cruise for the full tour; if you only have time for the 1-hour option
From $24.00

Dana Point Sportfishing
"Have you ever wanted to go ocean fishing but thought it was only for professionals? This trip offers fishing excursions all year long and anyone can go – young old experienced or those out for the first time. The tour caters to the novice as well as the seasoned angler. A knowledgeable crew and expert skippers are always eager to help educate and instruct if needed. The types of fish available to catch vary depending on the season and water temperature. Bait will be provided with your ticket but please be sure to purchase your fishing license prior to the trip. You vessel will offer a full galley with hot and cold food. Beer soda chips and candy are available for purchase (sorry
From $36.00

Ruby's Diner Tips (5)

Ruby's Diner!: 1940's Themed Diner

Ruby's is a chain restaurant that I had never heard of before though they are located in six states and there are more than twenty stores between San Diego and Los Angeles. All I knew is that this the place my grand daughter wanted to have lunch at and since it was her day, that was where we ate.

Walking into Ruby's was like walking in a black and white movie that turned instantly into color for me. Pretty authentic. The servers were upbeat, positive and fun. I learned that Ruby did not build the restaurants, her son did and named it for his mom. Awwww so sweet.

We ended up at a table with the teacher and several parents and class mates on the field day trip. I didn't really know anyone there but while my grand daughter bantered with her friends I found the working overhead train pretty interesting. I don't know if the other Ruby locations has this also but I liked it.

Favorite Dish Most everyone ordered one of the various burgers. My order was fish & chips with refillable fries and a chocolate turtle shake. My grand daughter ordered the Rubyburger with refillable fries and a strawberry shake.

The food we were served was fresh and tasted good. So, if the old fashion burger, fries and a shake is what you'er looking for, this is the right spot to go to.

lmkluque's Profile Photo
lmkluque
Feb 20, 2012

Ruby's Diner: More than Burgers....

I didnt want to come here because I have been to Ruby's before but my daughter insisted on eatting here. I wanted to try something different but she won. Ruby's is not bad but I didnt want to burger.
The food was good. The shakes even better. I had an Aloha Chicken sandwich and Alexis had a turkey club. The portions are huge and the food is very good. My chicken sandwich was made which a huge chicken breast. And Alexis' turkey sandwich was made with a thick piece of turkey white meat. The fries are bottomless. I got the chilli cheese fries and she got the garlic fries.
She also got a strawberry banana shake and they gave her the extra in another container so it was as if she had two shakes.
We didnt even finish our food, we had to take the rest home.

malianrob's Profile Photo
malianrob
Apr 04, 2011

50's Diner Style

Ruby's is a chain of resaturants that sport the 1950's theme. Waitresses in red and white stirped uniforms with saddle shoes, the booths are red and chrome. Everything points to an old fashioned "malt shop" theme. The ambience is delightful and family-oriented. Kids will have a great time here with the juke box and a very "kid friendly" atmosphere.

Favorite Dish We were a bit tired from our train trip and we wanted something fairly light but heavy enough to tide us over as we had dinner reservations that night. Ruby's menu proved extensive and varied in the fare it offered.

Kris had the Turkey burger which between bites, she said was delicious. It was a "mile high" burger with thick tomato slices, lettuce and onions. I had the Tuna Melt, I rarely if ever, eat fish. I really have to be in the mood and then I must be the one to make it. Well I tried Ruby's Tuna Melt on rye with pickle relish and onions and I was most pleased.

Though we did not have dessert here the menu of ice creams treats, pies and cakes made it very hard to say "no".

keida84's Profile Photo
keida84
Nov 15, 2005

Ruby's burgers: Milkshakes and burgers

Just down the main road from the mission you will find a little mall with two stories. On the top story you will find a Ruby’s which is famous for the milkshakes that it makes. The outdoor sitting area is nice and overlooks the main street and even provided a good view of the mission.

You will find that the prices are a little steep and the meals do not come with fries. You have to pay extra for them. Get an order to split.

Favorite Dish The Chicken Strips were very good and best value for money.

TinKan's Profile Photo