Clinton Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Clinton

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Westbrook Lobster: Excellent Seafood

by cjg1 Updated May 27, 2015

My wife and I first came here due to a review in Connecticut Magazine as one of the Best Seafood Restaurants in Connecticut. We decided to have lunch here after some shopping at the Outlets and we wanted something in the seafood realm. The restaurant is pretty non-descript; simple décor with a small bar area and larger dining room.

We came here on a Saturday and it wasn’t too crowded and we were able to choose our own table. We chose a corner booth. Our waitress handed us menus (lunch and dinner) along with a list of the daily specials. The menu was full of seafood choices as well as pasta, steak, chicken and salads. After thoroughly perusing the menus we made our choices: the Fish and Chips for me(you can choose onion rings instead) and for my wife the soft-shell crab sandwich special. We decided to split an appetizer as well: the spinach and artichoke dip. As for beverages we both ordered some unsweetened iced tea.

After placing our order a platter with warm bread and butter was brought to the table. Our spinach dip arrived shortly afterwards. The spinach dip was served in a hollowed out sourdough bread round with tortilla chips on the side. From the first bite, I was hooked. The dip is so creamy with large chunks of artichoke and spinach throughout the bowl. After polishing off the tortilla chips; we used the bread of the bowl for further dipping..very yum.

Our entrees arrived and were large portions. My fish and chips were very good but just too much to eat in one sitting. My wife loved her soft-shell crab but she too could not finish her portion. We both wound up with doggie bags to take home. The food here was incredibly good as was the service. We even signed up for their loyalty program (free of charge) in which you earn a point for every dollar spent. Points are redeemable for gift certificates and they send gift certificates for birthdays and anniversaries.

Our second visit here we brought my Mother in Law for a nice lunch. Both she and my wife had the Westbrook Style Lobster (stuffed lobster , split down the middle in a bourbon and wine sauce) and I enjoyed their Horseradish Salmon. The Lobster was out of this world good and I’m not a huge Lobster fan. Both my wife and MIL loved their Lobster; finishing every last bite. Their two side dishes that came with their entrée virtually went untouched; too bad though the Onion rings were so tasty. I enjoyed my salmon and was happy their came with red roasted potatoes; a favorite of mine. Needless to say we will be back here again.

Address: 346 E. Main Street

Phone: 860-664-9464

Website: http://www.westbrooklobster.com

Soft Shell Crab and Fries Fish & Chips Spinach and Artichoke Dip Warm Bread and Butter

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Log Cabin Restaurant: Great food with huge portions

by Gypsystravels Updated May 4, 2015

First off, let me say that we thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. The food was good, the portions huge, the prices reasonable, service excellent and atmosphere very comforting and inviting.

We were in Clinton doing some shopping at the outlets and we decided we wanted to eat locally. My darling decided to do a search for places in the area and checked reviews before narrowing it down to a few options. Since our sales lady in Kate Spade was so sweet, we asked her opinion and recommendation and she gave us her top picks. We quickly checked the menus and decided on Log Cabin Restaurant for our meal. There were two other places she highly recommended which also have great reviews and we hope to check them out during a later visit to the area.

When we arrived there was a small line of people waiting to leave their name as the restaurant was full. We left our name and was told by the hostess that the wait would be about 30 mins. We decided to sit at the bar and order a drink while we waited. My darling had a Shock Top and I ordered a white wine sangria which I love. This particular sangria was good, but not the best I've had. It was missing a few ingredients in particular the pear which in my opinion makes the sangria taste better. After ordering our drinks and waiting what I would say about 15 minutes a table opened up and we were promptly seated.

The restaurant is a nice size with a rustic log cabin feel and look (hence, the name). It's divided into two sections with the left side main dinning room holding the majority of the tables, around 20 tables. There is a bar to the right as well as another section with about 10 more tables. A small table by the window in this section of the restaurant is where we were seated.

After we were seated and handed our menus a waitress immediately came by asking if we wanted anything to drink and if we needed more time. We asked for water and a list of specials which she had hand written on a piece of paper and handed to us to look over and said she would be back with bread.

A few minutes later (we weren't sure on what to order) she came over to our table and asked if we had questions. We asked about the specials and in the interim John ordered French onion soup and skipped on the salad although it was included (he loves his soup and will order soup during every meal if he can). I didn't want to order an appetizer as I looked around at the main dishes and the portions were gigantic, so there wasn't a need for an appetizer. She left us to decide on our meals and when she returned with the bread, we placed our order. The main dishes come with pasta and salad.

She arrived what seemed like 5 minutes later with John's soup and my salad. John loved his soup (he said second best French onion he's had) and my salad was good. They offer a few options for salad dressing, I chose a light oil and vinegar.

After clearing away our soup and salad dishes, she arrived with a heaping bowl of pasta. The pasta (a penne with marinara sauce) is served family style in a huge bowl, a portion large enough to feed 4 people, I would say there must have been well over a pound of pasta. Once we were done eating our pasta, she came over asked if we were done and if we wanted to have the rest of the pasta wrapped to take home before clearing our plates.

We waited about another 5 minutes when our individual dishes were brought to our table. John chose a chicken dish from the specials called Hailey's Chicken and I chose the twin lobster tails with crabmeat. As with the pasta, the portions were quite large. We couldn't believe just how much food was given especially with the prices. The food was good and John said his chicken was excellent, moist and not dry. My lobster stuffed with crabmeat was good, I just wish the stuffing was a little lighter on the stuffing.

Overall, we thought this restaurant was excellent given the service, portions (read: huge), prices and atmosphere. Our waitress was very pleasant and on point with everything, she wasn't being over bearing but knew when to come by.

We would definitely come back if we are in the neighborhood.

Please note that they have a very large selection of dishes to please just about anyone.

Favorite Dish: The Chicken Hailey is a Chicken Marsala breast topped with ham, cheese and broccoli. The portion was enough to feed three people as there were three large pieces of chicken. John said the breast was very moist and tender, and the ham, cheese and broccoli were quite good. My twin lobster tails stuffed with crabmeat was good, but I wished the stuffing had a little less breading.

Address: 232 East Main Street

Phone: 860-669-6253

Website: http://thelogcabinct.com/

French onion soup Bowl of pasta Chicken Hailey Twin lobster tails stuffed with crabmeat My darling carrying our doggy bags
    • Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• Chips Pub III: Chips Pub III

by cowboy1957 Written Oct 5, 2002

Great food,Kid Friendly Large Dining Area, Large Lounge, Outside dining in nice weather, Big screen Tv and 4 others for sports viewing. Decor has vintage signs from local business and streets

Favorite Dish: Buffalo Shrimp ,Most dinner entrees, Diverse menu and daily specials

Address: Clinton Parkade - Main St

Instant Answers: Clinton

Comments

Clinton Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Clinton restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Clinton sightseeing.