For a mere 35 cents per ride you can enjoy a fun, uncrowded and convenient journey through the center of the downtown central business district courtesy of the Automated Skyway Express.
The Skyway is an elevated monorail that slices through the center of the Northbank, then forks to either whisk passengers across the Acosta Bridge to the Southbank and its hotels or to send them westward to the Prime Osborne Convention Center. It is very convenient to most hotels, restaurants, venues and points of interest on the Southbank and in the central Northbank, with stops positioned within about a block of each of the following (in order from south to north)
1. Spiller Vincenty Gallery, Club Indo/Exo
2. Radisson Riverwalk Hotel, Chart House Restaurant, Southbank Riverwalk, river cruises, water taxis
3. Hilton Hotel, Hampton Inn, Extended Stay America, Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, Morton’s of Chicago, Southbank Riverwalk, Treaty Oak Park, river cruises, water taxis
4. Museum of Science & History, Maritime Museum, Friendship Fountain, Southbank Riverwalk, River City Brewing Company, water taxis
5. Jacksonville Landing, Omni Hotel, T-U Performing Arts Center, Northbank Riverwalk, Juliet’s
6. Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art, Hemming Plaza, City Hall
7. Florida Community College Downtown Campus
The track does not extend east of the Jacksonville Landing to points like the Adam's Mark Hotel, the Florida Theatre and the Sports Complex, but there is a free trolley service than can take you in that direction from near the Skyway route.