Map &

Key West Aquarium
From $15.00

Rick's Bar Tips (10)

Rick's Bar: Rick's Bar - Duval Street

Rick's Bar is one of the old, classic bars on Duval Street. Located near Mallory Square and across the street from Irish Kevin's and Sloppy Joe's, this is the busiest part of Duval. We ducked in one afternoon because we heard some fun live music, and we grabbed a few stools at the bar.

There were only a few others in the bar that afternoon, so we got to request all of the music we wanted to hear. The solo singer/guitarist was very entertaining and played a good variety of country, rock and pop... something for everyone. We enjoyed our personal show so much, we gave the singer a $20 tip.

Rick's only has bottled beers. For some reason all of the taps are shut off. They also have frozen drinks, mixed drinks and hard liquor. But come for the live music.

Rick's is part of an eight-bar complex that includes Durty Harry's.

Ewingjr98's Profile Photo
Sep 02, 2012

Rick's Bar: Awful!

I heard ricks was the happening spot but when I went it was disappointing!! The bartenders are rude the bouncers were rude! I even had to defend my girlfriend because some girl had an issue with her and security didn't do anything about it! The drinks are weak and overpriced save your energy, go somewhere else

Dress Code Not sure, khakis and sandals seem to be appropriate anywhere in key west

Oct 16, 2011

Rick's Bar: Robbed at Ricks

Just got back from Key west and loved everything but Rick's - awful! Mike, the bartender outside and right on Duval (across from pizza shop) let others drink on my tab. When i disputed it, he called a manager to do a reversal and sure enough, the FULL charge is still on my credit card! He tried to tell me I DID drink smirnoff's and juices... seriously? Also claims I told him some guy could drink on my tab - even though I was sitting at the table in front of the bar with my wife the whole time! Don't give these people your credit card! Disputing charge and so let down by common thieves in a place we all work so hard to relax in.

May 09, 2011

Rick's Bar: on duval

rick's bar is a popular drinking and party spot on duval street. it is located next to durty harry's and both bars share a small alley where they host bands in the evenings. if you like more rowdy drinking spots you will like ricks.

Dress Code casual.

2001 South Roosevelt Boulevard, Florida, 33040, United States
1500 Reynolds St, , Florida, 33040, United States
800 Washington Street, Florida, 33040, United States

durty harry's: on duval

durty harry's is located next to rick's bar on duval street. both bars share a small alley were in the evening thay have live bands. this party spot gets a young rowdy crowd. if you came to key west to party you will like durty harry's.

Dress Code casual.

Apr 04, 2011

Rick's Bar: Cheap drinks

I dont know if this can really be considered a nightclub, but you should go there anyways since they have all you can drink for like 8 bucks from 7 till 10 or something like that. That's right, I didnt say just beer; its all you can drink beer, whiskey, rum, whatever. How cool is that? Crappy brands but after the first two, can you really tell the diff? There is a strip club here too, the drink deal doesnt work in there (duh). Not much of a strip club guy so I cant really say if it's good or bad or whatever. I know I puked there though and got booted quicker than the chicks take off their clothes. Nice security guys, no sucker punches or anything and they were laughing the whole time. Try that in a big city.

Dress Code board shorts and a sandals, it's too damn hot to wear anything else.

virgil_likes_rum's Profile Photo
Jul 25, 2006

Rick's Bar: Rick's Bar

Rick's is a great place to end your Duval pub crawl. Its a fairly large two story place with a fairly substantial dance floor. Like all the bars in Key West, its a laid back scene, but its more like Sloppy Joe's in the sense that the music and dancing bring a bit of a club atmosphere to the otherwise strictly bar scene. There's a pretty good pizza restaurant located just outside too, in case you've got those late night munchies.

goingsolo's Profile Photo
Nov 20, 2005

Rick's Bar: Good times

I have been to Rick's many many many times. My fondest memories are from Spring Break in 2004.

Tips for spring breakers -

There is a dance floor upstairs, but it can get crowded at times and also pretty hot. You can go stand over on the balcony that overlooks Duval St. for some air, and also to people watch.

I highly recommend getting the 10$ all you can drink until 11 bracelet (if they still have it). It will save you A LOT of money in the long run.

Don't miss out on the wet t-shirt and bikini contests every night during Spring Break. They go down on the stage in the back, called Dirty Harry's. If you want a "good view," I highly recommend waiting around the stage 30 minutes prior to the contests while the local band finishes up. Don't bother bringing a video camera as security will make you turn it off (if they catch you that is...) They don't seem to care if you take pictures though. Ladies, the contests are clothing optional, so be prepared if you are thinking about competing (every contest I saw, most girls got topless, a few bottomless too.)

I'd also be very careful if you are..."pretending to be 21." The bouncers get cash for every fake ID they take, so be careful.

Have fun!

"key west florida"
Ericasmurf99's Profile Photo

"Key West, Florida"
tpangelinan's Profile Photo

"Key West Driving Trip May 3-12, 2003"
TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

"Key West one of my favorite spots in North America"
View Member

Rick's: Get drunk, dance and have a good time

Everytime I am in Key West, I always end up at Rick's on Duvall Street. This place caters to everybody: 3 bars, a DJ spinning upstairs, balconies to watch the crowds on Duvall, live band downstairs, and even a small adjacent strip club.

realde14's Profile Photo
Oct 21, 2003

Rick's Bar, across from Sloppy...

Rick's Bar, across from Sloppy Joe's! 202 Duval St.
We watched the Superbowl 2002 here, it was $15 all you can eat and drink! Ribs, burgers, salad, sausage, hot dogs, beer and well drinks...boy did we eat and drink our $15!

rossandkelli's Profile Photo
Aug 26, 2002

Things To Do Near Key West

Duval Street

Galleries, shops, bars and big beautiful homes with huge porches. Key West is a small island city with a very diverse population. It's a wealthy community, with plenty of regulars just trying to make...

West Martello Tower

When we lived in Key West there in the late 60s, they hosted a flower show in the winter. If you go at the time of the flower show they have some amazing flowers that you can see in addition to the...

St. Mary's Star of the Sea Catholic Church

Saint Mary Star of the Sea was established in 1851, making it the oldest Catholic parish in Key West and the fifth oldest in the state. The present church was completed in 1905 (the first church was...
Things to Do

On the grounds of Hemingway House is a unique cemetery for the six toed cats that live there. Hemingway named his cats after famous people, and that tradition has continued - as can be seen by reading...

Butterfly Conservatory

Before we cruised to Key West, I had done a lot of research about what to see. I fell in love online with the Key West Butterfly Conservatory. It was our first stop in Key West (CityView Trolley...

Southernmost Point

It's free and easy to find .. and a must do if your there. . We have only been there twice and don't know that we will return but it was a lot of fun. a party place year round. After that you have to...

Getting to Key West

We don't yet have an address for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!

We don't yet have hours for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!