Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Key West Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
"Explore Key West while hopping on and off at any of our designated trolley sightseeing stops. Visit over 50 points of interest with this all day pass as our expert guides provide live narration and entertainment with stories only locals could tell! Audubon House) LaConcha Hotel (Margaritaville Oldest House Museum) Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center (Fort Zachary Taylor State Park U.S.S Mohawk) Higgs Beach (White Street Fishing Pier West Martello Tower) Southernmost Point (Southernmost House Mansion Upper Duval Street Shopping) Ernest Hemingway House Museum (Lighthouse Museum Bahama Village) Key West Bight (Schooner Wharf
From $20.00

Key West Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
From $20.00

Day Trip to Key West from Miami
"After pickup from your Miami Beach hotel travel the beautiful Overseas Highway from Miami to Key West. On the way pass over 42 islands including Key Largo and cross numerous bridges including the Seven Mile Bridge. Listen to your guide share facts and anecdotes about the Keys and their distinctive character. Reach Key West before noon and spend at least 5 ho scenic island visiting museums or participating in activities at your own expense. Check out the old Victorian house where writer Ernest Hemingway once lived and penned some of his most famous works and visit his favorite bar Sloppy Joe's. Learn more about Key West's history at the Mel Fisher Maritime Museum
From $76.00

Banana Cafe Tips (6)

Banana Cafe: Lots of breakfast meat!

I should say French-ish. This is a small cafe on the mid-to-east side of Duval. The staff was not that friendly, but efficient. Adrian had a crepe with egg, sausage, cheese. He said the cheese was really good and would recommend trying it if you like crepes. It seemed overpriced, but we learned through the next few days, everything is just higher there. I had a poached egg, toast, and bacon. Very large surveying of bacon!

Something you will find at most of these restaurants is that you get canned soda instead of fountain. This stinks for me because that does not last me even until I get my order. Get tea or coffee instead if you want refills.

We recommend this cafe for breakfast, especially if you want to try something new as there are a lot of adventurous things on the menu.

agurleysms's Profile Photo
agurleysms
May 18, 2008

Banana Cafe: Crepes!

Really enjoyed the savory egg and ham breakfast crepe and a nutella breakfast "desert" crepe :) We had 6 in our party, and there is only one table that large - inside. Eating on the porch seemed like it would have been more fun. The only bad part was that they only have whole milk - so I stuck with drip coffee even though I was taunted by the sound of the espresso machine.

Sunshine64's Profile Photo
Sunshine64
Mar 17, 2008

Banana Cafe: European goodness and service ;)

I go there for breakfast. Great omelets, bagles and fresh fruit bowls. I don't like to wait in line, so if you are a tourist and some salty local guy walks up swearing under his breath, let him sit down first because he is NOT on vacation!!!! and don't expect a 'thank you'! Oh yeah, it is usually european service so don't expect a thank you from them either...maybe that's why I like this place.

Favorite Dish 1 pot of coffee and anything on the menu.

SaltyGuy
Jan 27, 2006

Banana Cafe: Wonderful Breakfast/Brunch

Banana Cafe is centrally located on Duval Street and even has a little patio and terrace that overlook it. I always go there for breakfast or brunch because the food is excellent, the menus is varied (eggs, crepes, bagel, etc...) and eating in the patio just lovely.

Favorite Dish The crepes are the specialty (served salty or sweet), but the eggs, omelettes, croissants, and bagels are just as good.

vanessadb's Profile Photo

1125 Duval St, , Florida, 33040, United States
1313 Simonton Street, Florida, 33040, United States
1320 Simonton St., , Florida, 33040, United States

Banana Cafe: Try the Crepes

This great restaurant is located on Duvall near the southernmost point. We stumbled upon it during a walk since it is sort of off the beaten path. We have been to Key West 2 times since discovering this place and it is ALWAYS as good as we rememeber. Also, the atmosphere is great. It looks like a carribean outdoor/indoor restaurant, very cozy and down to earth. Here's the best suggestion, have a nice breakfast at banana cafe and take a 4 block stroll to the southernmost point.

Favorite Dish Crepes, crepes and more crepes. This is their specialty. I would suggest a late morning breakfast with the key lime crepes and a mimosa to drink. Also, the scallop crepes with key lime cream sauce are spectacular.

jingles27
Mar 04, 2003

Creperie Cafe: Tastes like my Grandmom made them!

Strawberry Crepes to die for! One of the best breakfasts I had in Key West. Fresh made with fresh fruit, delish!

tpangelinan's Profile Photo

Ericasmurf99

"Key West, Florida"
tpangelinan's Profile Photo

tpangelinan

"Key West Driving Trip May 3-12, 2003"
TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

TheTravelSlut

"Key West one of my favorite spots in North America"

Things to Do Near Banana Cafe

Butterfly Conservatory

Before we cruised to Key West, I had done a lot of research about what to see. I fell in love online with the Key West Butterfly Conservatory. It was our first stop in Key West (CityView Trolley...

Southernmost Point

It's free and easy to find .. and a must do if your there. . We have only been there twice and don't know that we will return but it was a lot of fun. a party place year round. After that you have to...

Key West Lighthouse and Keeper's Quarters Museum

This is a smaller 86-foot lighthouse with a narrow 88-step spiral staircase. The climb is easy and the lighthouse keeper quarters tour is quick. From the watchroom you can see the top of the old...

Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum

The one place I absolutely knew I wanted to visit in Key West was author Ernest Hemingway's home. It wasn't so much about his books that made me feel this way, but the stories that surrounded this...

St. Mary's Star of the Sea Catholic Church

Saint Mary Star of the Sea was established in 1851, making it the oldest Catholic parish in Key West and the fifth oldest in the state. The present church was completed in 1905 (the first church was...

Cemetery

On the grounds of Hemingway House is a unique cemetery for the six toed cats that live there. Hemingway named his cats after famous people, and that tradition has continued - as can be seen by reading...

Getting to Banana Cafe