map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Key West Day Trip from Miami with a FREE South Beach Bike Rental
"Depart Miami early in the morning in a comfortable air-conditioned motor coach and enjoy the scenery of the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico. Cross the 7-Mile Bridge and once in Key West experience a Caribbean atmosphere complete with street artists outdoor cafes and restaurants. Spend the day leisurely exploring Key West  and soaking up the quaint laid-back atmosphere. You may visit Ernest Hemingway’s House the southern most point of the continental U.S. (the famous “90 miles to Cuba” Monument)
From $69.00

Key West Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
"Explore Key West while hopping on and off at any of our designated trolley sightseeing stops. Visit over 50 points of interest with this all day pass as our expert guides provide live narration and entertainment with stories only locals could tell! Audubon House) LaConcha Hotel (Margaritaville Oldest House Museum) Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center (Fort Zachary Taylor State Park U.S.S Mohawk) Higgs Beach (White Street Fishing Pier West Martello Tower) Southernmost Point (Southernmost House Mansion Upper Duval Street Shopping) Ernest Hemingway House Museum (Lighthouse Museum Bahama Village) Key West Bight (Schooner Wharf
From $20.00

Day Trip to Key West from Miami
"After pickup from your Miami Beach hotel travel the beautiful Overseas Highway from Miami to Key West. On the way pass over 42 islands including Key Largo and cross numerous bridges including the Seven Mile Bridge. Listen to your guide share facts and anecdotes about the Keys and their distinctive character. Reach Key West before noon and spend at least 5 ho scenic island visiting museums or participating in activities at your own expense. Check out the old Victorian house where writer Ernest Hemingway once lived and penned some of his most famous works and visit his favorite bar Sloppy Joe's. Learn more about Key West's history at the Mel Fisher Maritime Museum
From $76.00

Blue Heaven Tips (26)

Blue Heaven: BLUE HEAVEN IS A LITTLE "LITTLE SLICE OF HEAVEN!"

The food at Blue Heaven is phenomenal! The music, service and atmosphere are incredible as well. We had friendly, prompt service, and the food was absolutely perfect! I highly recommend this restaurant if you are visiting Key West. I wish all of the restaurants in Key West had wonderful food, great service and a beautiful environment such as this one! They know what they're doing!!! LOVE THIS PLACE!

peroark
Aug 03, 2015

Blue Heaven: Blue Heaven is a spectacular restaurant!

The food is phenomenal, the music, service environment are incredible as well. We had friendly, prompt service, and the food was absolutely perfect! I highly recommend this restaurant if you are visiting Key West. I will be visiting this restaurant for the third time at the end of the summer. I wish all of the restaurants in Key West had wonderful food, great service and a beautiful environment such as this one! They know what they're doing!!! You won't be disappointed!

peroark
Aug 03, 2015

Blue Heaven: “EXCELLENT”

I visited Blue Heaven for a late lunch with my friend. I ordered the Shrimp & Grits and that was really delicious. The food was phenomenal and i loved the Key West trees growing up in the middle of the restaurant. It was an inside and outside restaurant, bar and entertainment. They had a live local band. Our server was very pleasant and accommodating. I would definitely go back there again!

VictorScott's Profile Photo
VictorScott
Jun 13, 2015

Blue Heaven: Blue Heaven Key West

This is just the kind of funky local place Boyd and I love to find! The outside seating area is covered by sails to protect from sun and rain, and there is a small stage for music. We went for breakfast, and it was great - chickens running between the tables (chickens seem to roam free all over KW). Loved the gift shop - t-shirts and postcards, but also works of art from local artists and craftsmen. I bought an awesomely funky ring for $10! This is a fun place with wonderful food - I would love to go back for dinner and hear some music!

Favorite Dish I had the eggs benedict, and it was fabulous! I love that they serve Seattle's Best coffee, and our waitress kept if filled. Our friends had the Rooster Special (eggs, potatoes, pancakes for $8.95), and had a Bloody Mary that they really enjoyed.

TravellerMel's Profile Photo

420 Olivia St, , Florida, 33040, United States
815 Duval Street, , Florida, 33040, United States
511 Angela St., , Florida, 33040, United States
913 Duval Street, , Florida, 33040, United States

blue heaven: the chicken was very good

Great place to meet new friends the chicken was enjoyable the people a bit rare what ever you do bring a dog treat you never know what mite happen so take a walk on the wild side and try blue heaven you will be glad you did boss

Favorite Dish It's all good

kozmoball
Feb 02, 2012

Blue Heaven: Exellent Restaurant in Old Key West

We were traveling on foot and the restaurant which is located on the 700 block of Thomas Street is not easy to find. However once you do it is well worth the walk.
The Blue Heaven, whose seating is outside, is like sitting in a neighbor's farm back yard. The seating is casual and there are all sorts of chickens and cats roaming the backyard. While it sounds irritating it is actually quite relaxing.

We ordered the Jamaican Chicken Jerk Sandwich and the Shrimp Sandwich. The chicken sandwich consists of strips of chicken breast marinated in a delightful concoction of spices. It is served on a bun. The The Shrimp Sandwich is actually a shrimp melt on a fresh bun topped off with cheddar cheese. The waiter indicated that the shrimp is caught locally. It tasted fresh and was a joy to eat.

For desert the key lime pie served here is out of this world. It tastes like it was just prepared a few minutes ago and has the crisp taste of limes and just a nice addition of whipped cream.

Favorite Dish Shrimp sandwich with cheese, and the fantastic key lime pie. Even the ice tea which they bring plenty of is tasty and refreshing. Basically you cant go wrong at this restaurant!

TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo
TooTallFinn24
Sep 18, 2011

Blue Heaven: Finally got Breakfast - er Brunch

My daughter recommended this place for breakfast. But we almost never eat breakfast out, so we hadn't gotten to it until now. So when we visited my sister in a condo that she rented, rather than make breakfast, we went to try to find Blue Heaven. Unfortunately my map had Thomas and Thompson streets reversed on it so there was a delay in navigation.

When we got there. first we tried to go in the wrong door. When we found the gate, it was very crowded with a long (1.5 hour) wait. So we sat down to wait. Uncle George (my brother-in-law) went out to intercept Bob who was parking the car. My sister and I sat at the entrance and people watched. We also got a menu and read about the restaurant.

Eventually she went down to where George and Bob were and they also registered at the La Crêperie. However Barbara noticed that people were not being seated there any faster than at Blue Heaven, so she crossed our names off their list when we got seating at Blue Heaven.

Favorite Dish Bob got banana bread and bacon sides which were $2.50-$3.00 each. I got a fruit smoothie ($5.00) and a lobster omelet ($22.00) which was the special. Aunt B and Uncle G got the lobster eggs benedict.

grandmaR's Profile Photo
grandmaR
Apr 15, 2011

Blue Heaven: Breakfast at Lunchtime

This is everyone's favorite place for breakfast - it is one of the places I recommend to people who are going to visit Key West. They also do dinner, but they are particularly known for breakfast.

Monday - Saturday: Breakfast: 8am - Noon
Lunch: "After breakfast**" - 3pm
Dinner: 5pm - "10-ish" pm

Sunday: Brunch: 8am - 2pm
Dinner: 5pm - "10-ish" pm

**Please note. Breakfast is very popular. Esepcially January - May. You may have to wait. After they finish breakfast, they start lunch.

Favorite Dish Be SURE to have some of the Banana Bread

Ericasmurf99

"Key West, Florida"
tpangelinan's Profile Photo

tpangelinan

"Key West Driving Trip May 3-12, 2003"
TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

TheTravelSlut

"Key West one of my favorite spots in North America"

Blue Heaven: Don't skip this joint

Don't leave the island until to have dinner at Blue Heaven. It truly is a little slice of heaven. If you are going to go out for a nice dinner once on your trip...this is the one. Dress down in your best pair of flip flops and your favorite shorts and get prepared to eat some good fish! Get the tuna...Although, everything is top notch. Even the land lubbers will delight in the preparation of their pork, chicken, and beef. The atmosphere is just what you need to complete your vacation. Roosters run amok, there is outdoor ping pong and a rope swing. Zydeco music on the weekends. Need I say more?

Favorite Dish Everything is good. Get the tuna (hehehe). I say that it is a little more expensive then a usual dinner (for me) but it is worth it to go there and not have to be pinching pennies. Go there and treat yourself like a king...or a queen. No offensive references meant. Go with a loved one or bring the whole fam, let the kids go crazy and relax for a moment just listening to the breeze.

twohandgrab's Profile Photo
twohandgrab
Apr 04, 2011

The Blue Heaven Restaurant: Don't forget some Key Lime pie...

Picture if you can, the romantic ambience of dining outdoors in a woodchip covered courtyard, under the gently swaying arms of tropical breeze blown trees while being pestered into providing small portions of your meal to a mother hen and her offspring as a rooster crows loudly from the branches just above your head. This is all part of the "atmosphere" of this lovely restaurant.

Favorite Dish The locals all know you have to make it to the Blue Heaven for breakfast, and you have to try the pancakes. I highly recommend the blueberry pancakes and a hot cup of coffee. With all the chickens and roosters sauntering around under (and above) the tables, you may find it a bit too intimidating to order the Jamaican Jerk Chicken Dinner. After all, you may be dining on one of your mealmate's relatives. But, that is all part of the fun at this place for great food and fun, relaxing surroundings.

KeyWest6's Profile Photo
KeyWest6

Blue Heaven: Delicious food and tropical ambience

The first thing you notice about Blue Heaven is the atmosphere. Out back, you can dine on a sandy patio lit at night by colorful floodlights and jazzed up by local musicians. In the center of the patio by the bar is a giant tree complete with a rope swing to keep the kids entertained. In fact, this is a great restaurant to take the kids because, when they're done coloring their special menus, they'll leave mom and dad alone to go play with their new found friends. And to top it off, the food is out of this world. I especially reccomend the seafood specials and the carpathian tuna appetizer, and for the kids, a virgin daquri or two.

Favorite Dish This past tuesday (April 18th) I had the yellowtail snapper, which was delicate and delicious. Lightly battered and accompanied by a citrus beurre blanc sauce, you hardly need the buttery pasta, seasoned corn, and plantains that come along with it.

daniela85's Profile Photo
daniela85

Blue Heaven: We missed it

The location is a bit out of the centre. Just a fair walk, no problem. We had read good reviews for this restaurant, but it turned out as a flop.
We arrived at 11:45 am. Wow, a lovely old wooden building, nicely paint in blue and green. Very typical, very “Old Key West”. Inside, the place was an ant’s nest. We had to queue and the lady at the counter told us that we had to wait about 2 hours!
Yeah… what a bunch of good reviews can do.
We decided to go for dinner at Alonzo’s instead.

Martinewezel
Jan 08, 2011

Things to Do Near Blue Heaven

Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum

The one place I absolutely knew I wanted to visit in Key West was author Ernest Hemingway's home. It wasn't so much about his books that made me feel this way, but the stories that surrounded this...

Key West Lighthouse and Keeper's Quarters Museum

This is a smaller 86-foot lighthouse with a narrow 88-step spiral staircase. The climb is easy and the lighthouse keeper quarters tour is quick. From the watchroom you can see the top of the old...

Truman White House

The house we know as the Harry S. Truman Little White House was built in 1890 as the home of the commandant of the Key West submarine base. President William Taft was the first president to stay at...

Oldest House

Counter to popular stories, wreckers were a respected part of society and contributed to the very high average income of Key West in the 1830s. They did not lure ships onto the shore with false lights...

Butterfly Conservatory

Before we cruised to Key West, I had done a lot of research about what to see. I fell in love online with the Key West Butterfly Conservatory. It was our first stop in Key West (CityView Trolley...

Mallory Square

Even If you are only here 1 night ... you have to go here at least an hour before sunset and experience it. Lots of street performers and lot of people ... it was fun and the sunset didn't...

Getting to Blue Heaven