map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Key West Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
"Explore Key West while hopping on and off at any of our designated trolley sightseeing stops. Visit over 50 points of interest with this all day pass as our expert guides provide live narration and entertainment with stories only locals could tell! Audubon House) LaConcha Hotel (Margaritaville Oldest House Museum) Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center (Fort Zachary Taylor State Park U.S.S Mohawk) Higgs Beach (White Street Fishing Pier West Martello Tower) Southernmost Point (Southernmost House Mansion Upper Duval Street Shopping) Ernest Hemingway House Museum (Lighthouse Museum Bahama Village) Key West Bight (Schooner Wharf
From $20.00

Champagne Celebration Sunset Cruise
"Key West’s sunset is legendary and every night Mallory Square is full of huge crowds of people who vie for the best place to watch it. Escape this chaos and have the sunset all to yourself on the Champagne Celebration Sunset Cruise. Three champagnes and sparkling wines from legendary French champagne and for an additional fee you can upgrade to the Moët & Chandon Imperial (White Star) champagne or the Moët & Chandon Rose Imperial champagne at wholesale cost.While you sip your champagne snack on the gourmet cheese buffet which includes four delectably rich cheeses surrounded by fresh berries and other fruit that have been selected to complement the champagne. The buffet also includes a locally made smoked fish dip served with crunchy crisps and fresh-baked crusty bread f simply choose from the complimentary selection of six excellent wines – varieties may include cabernet sauvignon
From $79.00

Shipwreck Snorkel and Wild Dolphin Encounter
"Spend a day in the Florida sun cruising through the perfect turquoise waters that surround Key West on the Echo a spacious catamaran. You’ll board the Echo at the historic Key West Sea Port downtown at the Key West Bight in Old Key West. Walk along the Harborwalk which goes around the water’s edge and leads straight to the Echo’s dock behind Turtle Kraals restaurant. The first stop of your Shipwreck Snorkel and Wild Dolphin Encounter cruise is the wild dolphin playground where you’ll see dolphins swimming
From $96.00

Turtle Kraals Tips (8)

Turtle Kraals: Turtle Races and Happy Hour at Turtle Kraals!

We came here for the turtle race, and just missed the action (apparently, these are fast turtles! LOL!) So we decided to stay for some grub - our timing was perfect since there is a happy hour from 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm which offers 1/2 price appetizers! So we loaded up the table with appetizers and shared - it was great! Of course, we couldn't eat all we ordered, but it was good food, fun friends, and a beautiful afternoon on the dock so we could watch the water and some of the boats coming in. This was a really fun place - we all enjoyed it very much.

Favorite Dish We ordered the Bucket o Bones ribs (1/2 price = $6.25) and two orders of the pork sliders (1/2 price = $3.50 per order). We also split the nachos, boiled shrimp, fried calamari, and the wood-smoked fish dip. That was a LOT of food for 6 people, but we made a major dent in it.

TravellerMel's Profile Photo
TravellerMel
Mar 23, 2012

Turtle Kraals: Great BBQ!!!

While some folks may think that seafood is the food to eat at Turtle Kraals, it's their BBQ that has made me enter the place when I passed by. The mesquite smell permeates throughout the area. I was part of a table for 4, 2 of which ordered seafood and the other 2 ordered BBQ. I had the brisket while another friend had the dry rub ribs. Both BBQ dishes were outstanding. Both brisket and ribs were moist and tender, the ribs fall of the bone good. The two seafood dishes were lacking, both being rubbery crab legs. I would definitely recommend the BBQ food and stay away from the crab legs.

Favorite Dish Brisket!!

njbaseball
Aug 21, 2011

Turtke Kraals: Seafood... again

This restaurant looks very nice. However, compared to other restaurants we went to, the food was just so so.

Favorite Dish We had grilled shrimps with fries and vegetables for lunch.
Perhaps we chose the wrong dish?

Martinewezel
Jan 08, 2011

Turtle Kraals: A good, varied menu

Sure, Key West means seafood, but this place has a nice variety of dry-rub BBQ: beef, pork, and chicken. On the seafood side, try the smoked fish dip and the grilled cheese oysters in the shell... Chat with the bartenders & servers, they're a sincere, friendly bunch.

rockycomfort

1030 Eaton St, , Florida, 33040, United States
415 William Street, , Florida, 33040, United States
1015 Fleming Street, , Florida, 33040, United States

Tower Bar: A nice seaport view

We ate upstairs with a nice view of the bustling waterfront. Downstairs has dining also and is called Turtle Kraals . They have excellent fresh grilled fish sandwiches.They have a smoker oven and an open flame mesquite grill which explains why the wondeful smells drew us in.

easterntrekker's Profile Photo
easterntrekker
Feb 08, 2009

Turtle Kraals: Not as slow as a Turtle

Turtle Kraals has a pleasant staff and it is an interesting place to sit and watch the activity in Key West Bight. There is a bar on the 2nd deck and the Turtle Kraal tower is behind it. We went here for lunch when we were at a mooring in Garrison Bight in January 2001. I remembered it as quite reasonable. However we went back again in 2005, and I thought it was expensive for dinner.

Favorite Dish I don't remember exactly what I had in 2001, but it was probably a sandwich of some kind, because it was lunch.

For dinner in 2005, I had the special soup (lobster bisque with a muffin but the waiter forgot the muffin) and the special quiche, and Bob had a seafood burrito with beans and rice, which was too much for him to eat. Dinner was $36.52 including tip. We drank water, and I did not have dessert because I thought they were too expensive

grandmaR's Profile Photo
grandmaR
Mar 17, 2005

Turtle Kraals: Best Mango Crab Cakes!

The restaurant is open air, as is most everything in Keywest! This tip will have to double as a must see because of the turtle races. Yes, the turtle races! Go see, eat and by the tee shirt.... it is time very well spent.

Favorite Dish Everything on the menue is wonderful, however, I have a new found addiction for the Mango Crab Cakes. Best to try a little of everything.

Shetaur1962's Profile Photo
Shetaur1962
Feb 22, 2005

Turtle Kraals: Get a shirt at the Raw Bar, but eat Turtle Kraals

I'd have to say that most everyone goes to the Raw Bar to fill up on goodies before a night of hard drinking, I certainly did, until I tried Turtle Kraals. Not that the Raw Bar isn't great; it is. But when all the boats start up their engines, you get gassed out while you're eating! Try Turtle Kraals. Go upstairs; they have a great 2nd floor patio and the seafood is great! The raw selection is delightful and I think it's a good deal cheaper than other places in the area. Happy Hour sunset is a must. Most places are over crowded at sunset, but we had a great view and a table to boot!

twohandgrab's Profile Photo

Ericasmurf99

"Key West, Florida"
tpangelinan's Profile Photo

tpangelinan

"Key West Driving Trip May 3-12, 2003"
TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

TheTravelSlut

"Key West one of my favorite spots in North America"

Things to Do Near Turtle Kraals

Glass Bottom Boats

I belive we all have seen those bright full of colour TV programs from a different reefs. I don't know what I expected for this glass boat excursion, but there was not a lot of action. Only couple of...

Mallory Square

Even If you are only here 1 night ... you have to go here at least an hour before sunset and experience it. Lots of street performers and lot of people ... it was fun and the sunset didn't...

Oldest House

Counter to popular stories, wreckers were a respected part of society and contributed to the very high average income of Key West in the 1830s. They did not lure ships onto the shore with false lights...

Ghosts & Gravestones of Key West

This was an enjoyable evening riding around Key West learning the local lore. The Ghosts and Gravestones trolley takes you all around telling ghostly stories and showing you key areas where they take...

Audubon House

My husband's "thing" is aquariums and fish and not birds. But this house is interesting to tour. They give you a headset and you can tour the house listening to the tape as much or as little as you...

Mel Fisher Maritime Museum

In 2011, we went to Mel Fisher museum which is one place we hadn't been. We got there about 10:10. She gave us the 'military' rate, but Bob is of the opinion (and I agree) that it wasn't worth it. We...

Getting to Turtle Kraals