map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Key West Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
"Explore Key West while hopping on and off at any of our designated trolley sightseeing stops. Visit over 50 points of interest with this all day pass as our expert guides provide live narration and entertainment with stories only locals could tell! Audubon House) LaConcha Hotel (Margaritaville Oldest House Museum) Florida Keys Eco-Discovery Center (Fort Zachary Taylor State Park U.S.S Mohawk) Higgs Beach (White Street Fishing Pier West Martello Tower) Southernmost Point (Southernmost House Mansion Upper Duval Street Shopping) Ernest Hemingway House Museum (Lighthouse Museum Bahama Village) Key West Bight (Schooner Wharf
From $20.00

Champagne Celebration Sunset Cruise
"Key West’s sunset is legendary and every night Mallory Square is full of huge crowds of people who vie for the best place to watch it. Escape this chaos and have the sunset all to yourself on the Champagne Celebration Sunset Cruise. Three champagnes and sparkling wines from legendary French champagne and for an additional fee you can upgrade to the Moët & Chandon Imperial (White Star) champagne or the Moët & Chandon Rose Imperial champagne at wholesale cost.While you sip your champagne snack on the gourmet cheese buffet which includes four delectably rich cheeses surrounded by fresh berries and other fruit that have been selected to complement the champagne. The buffet also includes a locally made smoked fish dip served with crunchy crisps and fresh-baked crusty bread f simply choose from the complimentary selection of six excellent wines – varieties may include cabernet sauvignon
From $79.00

Shipwreck Snorkel and Wild Dolphin Encounter
"Spend a day in the Florida sun cruising through the perfect turquoise waters that surround Key West on the Echo a spacious catamaran. You’ll board the Echo at the historic Key West Sea Port downtown at the Key West Bight in Old Key West. Walk along the Harborwalk which goes around the water’s edge and leads straight to the Echo’s dock behind Turtle Kraals restaurant. The first stop of your Shipwreck Snorkel and Wild Dolphin Encounter cruise is the wild dolphin playground where you’ll see dolphins swimming
From $96.00

Glass Bottom Boats Tips (8)

Not a lot action

I belive we all have seen those bright full of colour TV programs from a different reefs. I don't know what I expected for this glass boat excursion, but there was not a lot of action. Only couple of fish swam around and a the reef looked like a sand. Glass windows of the boat have became dirty year after year sailings and as there are no extra lighting, it is hard to see anything.

MJL's Profile Photo
MJL
Mar 16, 2013

Fury Catamaran Tours.... Perfect for Beginners!

Key West was one of the best vacations I have ever had. I think my reasoning for this is I did so much here for the first time................snorkeling, ocean kayaking, seadoo riding, and swimming in the ocean. Yes, I guess I have lived a sheltered life, but I am getting out there now. I have always had a fear of the ocean. You know the whole "sharks are everywhere" mentality, well that's me. We took many trips with Fury..................Ultimate Adventure, GlassBottom Boat, and Sunset Sail. The ultimate adventure runs around $130 per person on average. The trip included snorkeling, parasailing, jet-skiing, kayaking, swimming, rock climbing on the water, and lunch. They provide everything. You will need to bring your own sunscreen and towel. This trip takes all day from 10am til 4-5pm. Arrive early to complete paperwork!
My tips: bring a waterproof camera, SUNSCREEN!!!!! ( keep applying ), bring a towel, cash they will appreciate tips ), maybe a jacket or t-shirt for the sail back.

galaxyrain's Profile Photo
galaxyrain
Jan 25, 2009

glass bottom boat rides

there are a couple of glass bottom boat tour operators in downtown key west. one is located next to the pier house resort at the end of duval street and another on margret street at the key west harbor. for those who want to see the interesting undersea life and coral formations of the key west reef and do not want to get wet this is a good option. see the attached websites for more information.

doug48's Profile Photo
doug48
Nov 14, 2008

Pride of Key West

This is one of the boats in Key West with a glass bottom. This is one of the larger ones, the day we went it wasn't so crowded. Despite the fact it wasn't that warm, during the trip to the reef it felt very nice on the deck.

When we arrived at the reef we went down to see through the bottom....unfortunalty the water was a bit unclear because of the storm yesterday as we were told...

But last year we went on the Nautilus and did see more even when the sun was behind clouds so we think you should choose the Nautilus when the weather has been or is not optimal. The Nautilus is more spectacular because you are seated underneath the water line. Here on the pride there's also some distance between the window and you.

Pictures taken december 7th 2003

329 Elizabeth Street, Florida, 33040, United States
415 William Street, , Florida, 33040, United States
1015 Fleming Street, , Florida, 33040, United States

Glass Bottom Boat Tour

You must take a glass bottom boat tour, I took mine during the day but you may see more sea life if you take the sunset tour. You get a narrated tour of the coast of key west and the staff are very friendly and they offer light snacks. When you are further out to sea you are allowed to go downstairs to the glass bottoms and you sit near a window where you get a view of the coral and sea life. Dolphins followed our boat out to sea. I caught a shot of a barracuda (but it didnt eat any fish). So be sure to bring your camera, you never know what may swim up to your window.

bluejaxx's Profile Photo
bluejaxx
May 12, 2007

Glass Bottom Boats

This is a great trip for everyone! I was worried I may not be able to see that well, but it is amazing how clear you can see! Check my travelogue titled "Under da Sea" for more photos of the reef as seen through the glass bottom boat.
The company we went through was through the Fury Company, boat name was "Pride of Key West". There is another company, but thier name escapes me at the moment. Discovery maybe? Anyway, we went with Fury because it was $10.00 cheaper.

Ericasmurf99's Profile Photo
Ericasmurf99
Jan 06, 2007

There's a lot to do here, so here's what we did!

To avoid too much typing and writing a novel, I'll sum up what we did during our weekend in Key West.
Friday night - Dinner and bar hopping on Duval St. With all the [drunk] people out here at this time of night, it's no surprise that you may find this area a little "dirty." Just watch where you walk and everything will be fine--it's not nearly as bad as New Orleans where they literally have to hose down the street the next day!
Saturday morning and afternoon - a little relaxation at the hotel pool then an afternoon of sightseeing and taking it easy. Lunch at conch republic (yum!), then a glass bottom boat ride (approx. 2 hrs. long), where we were able to check out the fish in the reef. From there it was on to Pier House for the best key lime pie, topped high with meringue. Wine tasting and purchasing at the local Key West winery came next, followed by some rest at the hotel before venturing out for the night. Although the day wsa overcast, we were able to see a great sunset at Mallory Square along with entertainment from the performers, and dinner at Schooner Wharf.
Sunday morning - photos with the buoy at the southernmost point and a little more walking up and down Mallory Square and Duval St. before heading back to Miami for our last night before our flight. Don't forget to check out Capt. Tony's, the oldest bar in Key West!

HotRodEtte's Profile Photo
HotRodEtte
May 30, 2006

Glass Bottom Boat

Rather deceiving tour.
45mn to reach the reef, first.
The reef is uniformly grey and there are few fishes.
The sight is not clear and the move of the boat makes bubbles.

GUYON's Profile Photo

Ericasmurf99

"Key West, Florida"
tpangelinan's Profile Photo

tpangelinan

"Key West Driving Trip May 3-12, 2003"
TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

TheTravelSlut

"Key West one of my favorite spots in North America"

Things to Do Near Glass Bottom Boats

Mallory Square

Even If you are only here 1 night ... you have to go here at least an hour before sunset and experience it. Lots of street performers and lot of people ... it was fun and the sunset didn't...

Oldest House

Counter to popular stories, wreckers were a respected part of society and contributed to the very high average income of Key West in the 1830s. They did not lure ships onto the shore with false lights...

Ghosts & Gravestones of Key West

This was an enjoyable evening riding around Key West learning the local lore. The Ghosts and Gravestones trolley takes you all around telling ghostly stories and showing you key areas where they take...

Audubon House

My husband's "thing" is aquariums and fish and not birds. But this house is interesting to tour. They give you a headset and you can tour the house listening to the tape as much or as little as you...

Cemetery

On the grounds of Hemingway House is a unique cemetery for the six toed cats that live there. Hemingway named his cats after famous people, and that tradition has continued - as can be seen by reading...

Mel Fisher Maritime Museum

In 2011, we went to Mel Fisher museum which is one place we hadn't been. We got there about 10:10. She gave us the 'military' rate, but Bob is of the opinion (and I agree) that it wasn't worth it. We...

Getting to Glass Bottom Boats

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Things to Do. Help us improve our info!

Map