Miramar Travel Guide

• Miramar
    by Gypsystravels
    Moros y Christianos with breaded steak
  • Moros y Christianos with Chicken  in butter sauce
    Moros y Christianos with Chicken in...

Miramar Things to Do

• Sunsets

by AnjoLuci Written Aug 27, 2004

Driving home I always have my camera in the passenger sit... Sunset comes sunset goes.. and here is the picture.

Sunset in Miramar

Miramar Hotels

Miramar Restaurants

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

La Carreta Restaurant: Decent Spanish in the area

by Gypsystravels Updated Apr 3, 2016

We've been to this restaurant twice during or visits to Miramar. Our friends live in the area and normally we enjoy dinner in their home but occasionally when we want a decent enough Spanish we'll come to this place. It's part of a "chain" restaurant that's found throughout south Florida. There isn't anything special about this restaurant other than their dishes are decent enough when you're hungry and wanting Spanish.

The restaurant is located along the busy Miramar Parkway in a shopping complex with plenty of parking and a large enough dinning area.

We usually arrive and wait about 15 minutes on average which isn't too bad considering you wait a lot longer on TGI Fridays and the likes.

Once your seated menus are handed out and after a few minutes a warm basket of bread is brought over and your order is taken.

The menu is full of your typical Spanish dishes from the "moros y christianos (rice with black beans mixed), white or yellow rice, black beans and an assortment of meats to accompany the rice dishes like ropa vieja, bistec encebollado, fish, shrimp, steak and chicken dishes. The appetizers are your typical empanadas, croquetas, soups, salads, yuca, plantains, etc.

As we settled at our table we perused the menu and decided on our dishes. I normally don't eat moros y christianos and will order it every time I can. I'v had the breaded chicken as well as the shrimp aioli which was good. My hubby ordered the skirt steak with sauce as well as the chicken chunks.

Overall, the service is okay. We haven't had to worry about getting our servers attention, but that's a hit or miss depending on when you visit. Service was okay, nothing out of this world, but we didn't think we waited too long for our meals or our server.

Prices are medium in range and although there are dishes over $25 (for the lobster, paella or arroz con pollo dishes) there are plenty of dishes that included rice, bean and a meal for less than $20. Food here is good, not excellent or anything to talk about, but if you're in the area and in the mood for Spanish, this place is good enough especially for the prices.

** At the Miami International Airport there is a La Carreta Restaurant (I've eaten at this location twice during connections and visit via Miami)

Favorite Dish: Their Moros y Christianos is good (I make a better version) as is the white rice and black beans. We usually order the croquetes and the breaded chicken with the rice dishes. The shrimp aioli was good. My hubby like the skirt steak and the pork chops.

Moros y Christianos with breaded steak Moros y Christianos with Chicken  in butter sauce Chicken soup
    • Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• PolAmJam's Profile Photo

Cool Runnings: Best Ackee and Saltfish Breakfast!

by PolAmJam Written Jun 27, 2006

Traditional Jamaican food served in large quantities for eating in or carry-out. Not much of an ambiance for dining, but more of a "grab-n-nyam" kind of place.

Favorite Dish: Ackee and Saltfish breakfast served with dumplin and banana.

• Miramar Hotels

6 Hotels in Miramar

Instant Answers: Miramar

Comments

Miramar Travel Guide

Map of Miramar