Map &

Cape Romano Shelling Tour near Marco Island
From $59.00

Tommy Bahama's Tips (2)

Tommy Bahama's: Terrific Location

Tommy Bahama Cafe was introduced to us via our friends, Patti and Rick, who live in Naples. We spent an afternoon with them a few days after we arrived in Naples. They suggested that we eat lunch here. What a great idea, as we soon discovered.

Of course, I was aware of the Tommy Bahama brand name from their line of clothing. However, I did not know that they also had restaurants.

We were seated close to the front of the cafe which looked out on the famed 3rd Street S.

The lunch menu consists of APPETIZERS such as Little Cayman Lollipops [Chicken drumettes, smoked & grilled with mango BBQ glaze and jerk remoulade] orCrab Calloway [Griddled crab cakes with a light coconut crust laid over a sweet chili mustard sauce and cilantro oil. Served with Asian slaw.] There are about 5 other interesting appetizers also.

They also offer SOUPS such as "Cooper Island Crab Bisque" [Tommy's own blend of fresh vegetable and shellfish stock, butter, sherry, cream, and lump crab meat. It is served with Tommy's flatbread].

Lunch Entrees consist of Salads and Sandwiches. Examples would be: St. Croix Chopped Salad [Diced, marinated and grilled chicken breast, fresh mixed greens, vine-ripened roma tomatoes, Maytag bleu cheese, Granny Smith apples, macadamia nuts, hickory smoked bacon and sweet corn tossed with honey-lime vinaigrette & garnished with garlic croutons] There are five more salad choices.

An example of a Sandwich would be: "Tommy's Great Big Crispy Fish Sandwich [Crispy beer-battered white fish topped with honey-roasted onions and served with french fries and island tartar sauce].

Best on the menu would be Desserts such as Pina Colada Cake, Blackbeard's Butterscotch, Barbados Brownie, Pineapple Upside Down Vanilla Cheesecake, and Key Lime Pie. Yum and yum again!

Favorite Dish Rick, Allan, and I all had The Habana Cabana Pork Sandwich [Slow roasted pulled pork finished with Tommy's own blackberry brandy barbeque sauce piled high with "Tobacco" onions. It is served with Asian slaw and french fries] SEE PHOTO #1, minus the fries for me...I substituded a bowl of fresh fruit. It was one of the very best Pulled Pork Sandwiches that I have experienced.

Patti ordered the Paradise Nation Cheeseburger [USDA Prime beef hamburger with Tilla mook cheddar cheese, hickory smoked bacon and honey roasted onions. It is served with french fries] Patti substituded vegetables for the fries, and she did not have the bun. SEE PHOTO #2.

I would highly endorse Tommy Bahama's Cafe.

deecat's Profile Photo
Feb 07, 2009

Tommy Bahama's: Great Tropical Ambiance at Tommy Bahamas

This restaurant looks very tropical. It is located between the two retail stores. On one side is the men's store, on the other side the women's store. You can buy clothes as well as other items and decorations in Tropical Style, signature by Tommy Bahamas. You can sit inside and outside. We prefer to sit outside on the patio. The large tree gives the people some shadow. There are also standing umbrellas on the patio.

We visited Tommy Bahamas for dinner. It’s a very popular place to eat, keep in mind that you have to wait. We had to wait 40 minutes. There were people that had to wait for over an hour. There was live music the two times we’ve been there. The music had a typical Island sound (Jimmy Buffet and more). It had a great ambiance. Tommy Bahamas has an open kitchen. There is a variety of several wines and cocktails.
We’ve been there twice, one time for dinner and the next day for lunch. Dinner was definitely better than lunch. Maybe I had to order something else for lunch, because I had the fried grouper sandwich. It was good but nothing special.

Overall it’s in my opinion expensive for what you're getting; the ambiance is what’s making me coming back.

Sun-Thu 11am-midnight