Little did you know....
Semoran Boulevard was named as such because it runs between SEMinole and ORANge county.... Orlando International Airport does not have the call letters of OIA (even though the media refers to it as such).... OIA is actually MCO, the abbreviation of the McCoy Air Force base the airport was once a part of. Actually, OIA is the 3rd airport built in the same vicinity...Orlando is called the City Beautiful. It is in Orange County, which was once known as Mosquito Country. (Take the bug spray hint here.)
Vocabulary for the uninitiated:
1) Casper - a milky-white tourist, before they cook themselves purple trying to get a tan.
2) Cracker - a real live floridian from north florida that lives in the sticks.
3) Hey ya'll! - salutations to your friends.
4) Later gator - a perennial goodbye in the Sunshine State. (Gator is short for alligator.)
5) Snow Birds - Northeners who come to Florida in the wintertime.
Don't get me wrong, we like our tourists, I's jus' funnin' is all. (Translation: Take these tips with a grain of salt.)