Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Haunted Stroll Through Old St Augustine
"Join the storytellers for a 90-minute tour as they guide you through Old St. Augustine visiting some of their favorite haunts. Begin at the Love Tree Cottage and then stroll through the darkened streets hearing stories of the long deceased residents who have not moved on.Visit two cemeteries the grounds of the Old Fort city gates and your guides' favorite personal sites.  The tour ends back at the Love Tree Cottage to hear the world famous legend of Eternal Love. Adults and kids alike are sure to delight in learning about Old St. Augustine's spooky haunts. Tours are led at 8 and at both 8:30pm and 9:30pm on Friday and Saturday."""
From $16.00

Discover St Augustine: Attractions Pass with Hop-On Hop-Off
"On your visit to St Augustine take some time to learn the history of the oldest European-settled city in the United States. There are several ways to experience this historic city -- visit the Old Jail experience the Oldest Store museum explore the history museum and see the city via the Old Town hop-on hop-off trolley. It's a great way to see all that St Augustine has to offer.Old Jail: Built in 1890 by Henry Flagler the Old Jail of St Augustine is one of the oldest of its kind and despite being renovated maintains its original feel. It’s a perfect choice for families as actors dressed in time-period outfits take you back to the time when this was a maximum-security prison.St Augustine History Museum: Get a look into St Augustine's past at the history museum! With dozens of artifacts dating back centuries
From $39.00

St Augustine Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour
"See and Visit.. Fountain of Youth Lightner Museum Castillo de San Marcos Ripley's ""Believe it or Not"" Flagler College St. George Street St Augustine's Oldest House
From $26.00

Conch House Tips (13)

Conch House: Stay AWAY !!!!!

No lunch menu as site says , over priced for portion size. VERY limited menu, also no steaks as site says. Was not at all impressed , have eaten better at a Chinese buffet. Plus their menu says 18% tip added for party of 5 or more, they added 15% for 2 on top of the tip we left on ticket. Conch fritters had little if any conch, greasy as hell. Would NEVER go back!!!

Favorite Dish NONE

CUELLOROJO
Jun 16, 2011

the conch house: seafood

the conch house is an excellent seafood restaurant located across the bridge of lions from downtown. they serve lunch and dinner and have a good selection of local seafood dishes as well a typical american fare. good seafood moderately priced.

doug48's Profile Photo
doug48
Mar 22, 2008

Conch House: VERY DISAPOINTING

WITH ALL THE SIGNS AND ADVERTISEMENT WE FINALLY DECIDED TO GO. SERVICE WAS SO BAD WE ALMOST LEFT. THE SERVER BROUGHT US THE WRONG DRINKS, TOO 15 MINUTES TO GET THE RIGHT ONES. FOOD WAS OVER COOKED AND DRY, SERVED 35 MINUTES AFTER WE ORDERED. THE SERVER FORGOT OUR APPITEIZERS AND SALADS. JUST BROUGHT OUT DINNER. SAID OH GEE, DO YOU WANT THENM NOW. WE SHOULD HAVE LEFT THEN. SIDE DISHES LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE FROM THE DAY BEFORE. THERE WERE ONLY 6 OTHER TABLES SEATED AND WE STILL HAD TO GET UP TWICE TO FIND OUR SERVER. DON'T BOTHER.

O C WHITES SERVES SUPER FRESH SEAFOOD AND GREAT DRINKS. ENTERTAINMENT NIGHTLY TOO.

Favorite Dish A RESERVATION AT O C WHITES

wdecobear
Aug 23, 2007

Conch House: great food in the marina

After nursing our hangover from night before actually none of us we're drunks but either way this place rocks. Good spot to lounge on the weekend and the food is good too.

Favorite Dish calamari sauteed with garlic and banana peppes

terps94's Profile Photo

146 Avenida Menendez, Saint Augustine, Florida, 32084, United States
138 Avenida Menendez, Saint Augustine, Florida, 32084, United States

CONCH HOUSE: CHARMING MARINA RESTAURANT

Saturday, January 6, 2007
We had our VT lunch at the charming CONCH HOUSE. What a lovely place. Unique to this restaurant were little "bird's nest" tables, overlooking their Marina. Those went pretty quickly. We were all seated inside where there was lots of room.
The menu was quite varied with you usual soups, salads, hamburgers, seafood.
Hans and I each had the pulled pork on a bun, which came with a side of cole slaw and chips.

LoriPori's Profile Photo
LoriPori
Jan 28, 2007

Conch House: Calimari Appetizer is Da Bomb!

Great Place! The atmosphere is really cool here and the food is hot! Hot like, really good! Everyone at our table seemed to be pleased with their selections from the menu but if I get back here someday, I know what I'm gonna order... See Below!

Favorite Dish As Jed Clampett used to say, "OoooooWeeeee!" We had two appetizers at our table... I ordered Escargot and Edgar (VT Member Terps) ordered Calamari. The Escargot was tasty, served hot and on a bread pastry with just enough garlic flavor and lightly shredded cheese. Edgar ordered Calamari prepared with Banana Peppers and man, oh man was it Great! The plate was huge and even after finishing my salad with Hot Boiled Shrimp (also good!), I kept going back to the Calamari again and again until I thought Edgar might amputate my hand! Luckily, Edgar's a great VT friend and I have my hand so I can type this tip for you today!

NC_Ziggy's Profile Photo
NC_Ziggy
Jan 20, 2007

Conch House: Yummy Seafood in a Tropical Atmosphere

The Conch House is located over the Bridge of Lions from the Old Town, next to the the marina on Comares Ave. The restaurant itself is built on a pier overlooking the water and is really gorgeous on a nice day. When you've finished eating you can take a walk down the pier and look at the boats and the pelicans. It's very scenic.

Favorite Dish I love conch fritters, which you can only get in Florida, and ones they serve here are great. They also make a mean rum punch, something which I highly recommend.

peach93
Jan 11, 2007

Conch House: Marina with food don't miss it.

The atmosphere here is relaxed and easy with food to match. There are small elevated decks with palm frawn roofs to cover you from the sun or inside dinning that would have air con in summer. I enjoyed a spicy hamburger with chips and sweet tea. Sweet tea by the way is iced tea with enough sugar to send you into outer space. It's similar to eating sugar cane but oh so good tasting.

Travmad's Profile Photo

doug48

"saint augustine"
Shihar's Profile Photo

Shihar

"My Favorite thing about Florida.. St. Augustine!"
View Member

Conch House: The spectacular place on the water!!!

I have been to a lot of restaurants around the country but never one as unique as The Conch House. The atmosphere is absolutely beautiful. I suggest dining in one of there tiki huts for the full effect. The staff were so pleasant and attentive. It was by far one of the most memorable dining experiences I have ever had.

Favorite Dish I went there for dinner and enjoyed the chef's platter for two. It was the most delicious meals I have had in such along time. It was packed with fresh shrimp, scallops, crab legs, mussels, clams, and oysters. It comes with a tropical house salad with an amazing tropical vinaigrette dressin and the chef's choice of potato and vegetable. I highly suggest this entree. There is more than enough food to enjoy.

tmn113
Sep 30, 2006

Conch House: Local recommendation

After walking around the fort, Flagler College and the old part of St. Augustine, we decided to get something to eat. So we went into the Visitors Center and asked for a recommendation...she said go to the Conch House. What we found was a restaurant right on the marina, great food and top notch service.

Favorite Dish We decided to have a cup of Conch Chowder and share appetizers...Conch Fritters (a Conch House specialty, served with Key Lime Mustard sauce) and Florida Gator Tail (Florida gator tail, deep-fried, served with Key Lime Mustard sauce). Of course we had to have a cocktail, so decided to have a Goomsbay Smash (coconut rum, Gosling's rum, 151 Rum, orange juice and pineapple juice).

BLewJay's Profile Photo
BLewJay
Sep 24, 2006

Conch House: Eat in a tree house

Be served your meal in a tree house while you look out over the ocean. It really is a special place.

Favorite Dish The last two times I've eaten here I've had the "nutty fish" platter. It's a beautiful salad with fruit and some nut crusted fish with a fantastic dipping sauce. I highly recommend it!!

Katmosphere's Profile Photo
Katmosphere
Aug 13, 2006

Conch House: eat in a treehouse!

If I lived in SA, I'd be here all the time! After a great day of boating we ate here in a treehouse that hung over a marina while a reggae band played. If you ever go, look for several VT signatures on the post of one of the treehouses.

Favorite Dish ok, without a doubt, this was the best sandwich I ever ate! It was called a minorcan burger and it was ground pork, chorizo, and sirloin topped with pepperjack. It was a taste explosion and I raved about it from the first bite. I am drooling just thinking about it.

shohman's Profile Photo
shohman
Aug 08, 2006

Things to Do Near Conch House

Lighthouse and Museum

The Saint Augustine Lighthouse and Museum is open daily from 9AM - 6PM. After climbing the 219 steps you have a great view over Saint Augustine and the sea. Admission: $12.95 (adult) More pictures...

Potter's Wax Museum

This place was down in the "new" part of town, where the large central park is. This is the oldest wax museum in the U.S. (another "oldest" claim for St. Augustine). We got down there on the local...

Basilica of St. Augustine

In 1786, shortly after the retaking of Florida from the British, the Spanish Crown decreed that a new parish church should be built in the growing young town of Saint Augustine. The result was the...

Alligator Farm

We love watching the alligators and decided to visit this zoo though it was a bit of a hike from Orlando. It was well worth the effort and we would certainly visit it again if we stay in Florida...

Old City

The Ximenez-Fatio House is a historic boarding house dating from 1797. Nowadays it's a museum. Staying in line with how everything is presented in this town, I wonder if you can find the oldest...

Flagler College

Henry Morrison Flagler's wife, Mary, had always struggled with health problems, became very ill. She and Flagler visited Jacksonville, Florida for the winter. Unfortunately, Mary did not recover. She...

Getting to Conch House