map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Discover St Augustine: Attractions Pass with Hop-On Hop-Off
"On your visit to St Augustine take some time to learn the history of the oldest European-settled city in the United States. There are several ways to experience this historic city -- visit the Old Jail experience the Oldest Store museum explore the history museum and see the city via the Old Town hop-on hop-off trolley. It's a great way to see all that St Augustine has to offer.Old Jail: Built in 1890 by Henry Flagler the Old Jail of St Augustine is one of the oldest of its kind and despite being renovated maintains its original feel. It’s a perfect choice for families as actors dressed in time-period outfits take you back to the time when this was a maximum-security prison.St Augustine History Museum: Get a look into St Augustine's past at the history museum! With dozens of artifacts dating back centuries
From $39.00

St Augustine Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour
"See and Visit.. Fountain of Youth Lightner Museum Castillo de San Marcos Ripley's ""Believe it or Not"" Flagler College St. George Street St Augustine's Oldest House
From $26.00

Haunted Stroll Through Old St Augustine
"Join the storytellers for a 90-minute tour as they guide you through Old St. Augustine visiting some of their favorite haunts. Begin at the Love Tree Cottage and then stroll through the darkened streets hearing stories of the long deceased residents who have not moved on.Visit two cemeteries the grounds of the Old Fort city gates and your guides' favorite personal sites.  The tour ends back at the Love Tree Cottage to hear the world famous legend of Eternal Love. Adults and kids alike are sure to delight in learning about Old St. Augustine's spooky haunts. Tours are led at 8 and at both 8:30pm and 9:30pm on Friday and Saturday."""
From $16.00

O C White's Seafood & Spirits Tips (11)

O C White's Seafood & Spirits: OVERLOOKING THE CITY YACHT MARINA

Our Friday night's VT Dinner Meeting was held at O.C. WHITE'S SEAFOOD & SPIRITS. We had a wonderful turn-out for Hansifest. We had most of the upstairs area at the restaurant to ourselves. The food was delicious, service was quick and efficient.
I had the chicken parmigiana with a side of pasa. It was wonderful. The chicken was moist and tender and the cheese sauce was divine. Melosh ordered a few appetizers of "gator tail". I did try one, but found it greasy and not to my liking.
They also offer fresh seafood, steaks and chicken.
Dinner 7 nights a week.
Sunday brunch

LoriPori's Profile Photo
LoriPori
Jan 29, 2007

O C White's Seafood & Spirits: Dine outside in a garden

Some great seafood to be had here, in a beautiful setting.

Favorite Dish I had the "Antigua" salad---Field greens with sliced almonds, crumbs of bleu cheese, cran-raisins and shrimp with a Roasted red pepper vinagrette. It was fantastic. A couple people at the table had the "Crabby Grouper"---Grouper with bluecrab and a sundried tomato cream sauce. It looked really, really good. What I'd like to try next is the ""Shrimp St. Barts"-- shrimp sauteed with garlic and shallots in white wine with Canadian bacon in a light asiago cream sauce.

Katmosphere's Profile Photo
Katmosphere
Apr 04, 2011

O C White's Seafood & Spirits: Eat were VTers!!

During Hansifest, a huge group of us had dinner here. Lot's of Seafood and gator! It was a nice atmosphere and they handled our large group well.

Favorite Dish I had jerk chicken and pineapple0mango salsa with roasted potato and grilled veggies, It was very good!

shohman's Profile Photo
shohman

O C White's Seafood & Spirits: Seafood and Pirates

O.C. Whites has a good variety of fresh seafood--and non-seafood for those who don't eat it--in an elegant, yet pirate-themed, atmosphere. The restaurant has an outdoor patio lit by gas torches and candles which is very attractive. It is located in the Old Town, within walking distance from most hotels.

Favorite Dish Everything I had was good, but I didn't try the alligator even though everyone tried to make me. It's a reptile.

peach93

38 Marine St., Saint Augustine, Florida, 32084, United States
142 Avenida Menendez, Saint Augustine, Florida, 32084, United States
146 Avenida Menendez, Saint Augustine, Florida, 32084, United States

O C White's Seafood & Spirits: Yummy seafood

TThe gang descended upon this restaurant after the happy hour at the Jazz club and what a great choice. Good food selection and you definitely have to try the alligator appetizer, it's not bad kinda taste like chicken.

I had the tuna special that night and it was good.

terps94's Profile Photo
terps94

O.C. White's: Great seafood

The food and service if great. iIf weather permits, sit outside under the fragrant Jasmine arbor

On weekends, there is live music outside. Usually a versatile local performer. I've found them to be very talented and have bought numerous CDs of their music.

Favorite Dish I would recommend anything on the menu.

KYGAL's Profile Photo
KYGAL
Mar 19, 2005

great food, music and atmosphere

went several times during our stay - nice staff -did not rush us so we could listen to the music sitting in the outdoor area - food is very good - much of St Augustine dinning is good - so the music sort of kicks OC into a more fun place

Favorite Dish any seafood was good

browndwbtd's Profile Photo
browndwbtd

O C White's Seafood & Spirits: Near the harbor

We went here one evening from the marina.

We ate upstairs which was decorated in Spanish colonial style. From the website: "White says that he and his staff have even had "haunted experiences" in the old mansion, especially on the second floor."

I don't know who O. C. was, but the restaurant website says that David White bought the building (Worth House) and has decorated it in mid 19th century style.

They have a children's menu, happy hour, and nightly entertainment seven days a week.

Favorite Dish We had a nice meal which I think was around $40 including tax and tip.

grandmaR's Profile Photo

doug48

"saint augustine"
Shihar's Profile Photo

Shihar

"My Favorite thing about Florida.. St. Augustine!"

OC White's: Great atmosphere BUT food is NEVER cooked properly

As a local - I've been going here for a year years. AMAZING location - but it stops there. Service is hit or miss. Some wait staff truly understands and values giving prompt courteous service (such as the Sunday bartender a young kid who's name I don't recall) - others are just off the charts bad. Food - could be good if they had an actual CHEF. They don't - they have a cook. Big difference. A chef knows how to prepare food. A cook serves food under or over cooked which is what happens every time I visit this place the last year. Potatoes at brunch today were brown on the outside and raw on the inside. It was the exact same thing last weekend. I asked for them to be cooked - the outcome was to put them in the microwave, which subsequently dried them out. Food at a restaurant should NEVER go in a microwave. And, it doesn't matter if it's for dinner or Sunday brunch - food is never cooked properly. It's to the point my check has been comped on three occasions because it's been so bad. And after today - it's not even worth the aggravation. And as I put myself through college waiting tables - I'm very well aware that TIPS = To Insure Prompt Service AND how to properly cook food.

As for the guy who stated he wasn't rushed - that's because his server was MIA.

morankj
Sep 11, 2011

O C White's Seafood & Spirits: GREAT FRESH SEAFOOD AND SUPER STAFF

WE WERE STAYING AT A LOCAL B&B, THEY RECOMENDED WHITES. WE WERE NOT DISAPOINTED. SUPER FRIENDLY AND EFFICIENT STAFF, EXCELENT FRESH SEAFOOD AND GREAT DRINKS. WE WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE THERE WNEN THEY HAD LIVE ENTERTAINMENT. THIS IS NOW OUR FAVORITE SPOT FOR DINNER IN ST AUGUSTINE.

Favorite Dish SURF AND TURF, COOKED TO PERFECTION

wdecobear

O C White's Seafood & Spirits: Great place for fish

Wonderful blackened sushi grade tuna with squash potatoes and peppers. See pic below. Nice atmosphere, thanks for taking us here Katmosphere.

Travmad's Profile Photo
Travmad

Things to Do Near O C White's Seafood & Spirits

Potter's Wax Museum

This place was down in the "new" part of town, where the large central park is. This is the oldest wax museum in the U.S. (another "oldest" claim for St. Augustine). We got down there on the local...

Basilica of St. Augustine

In 1786, shortly after the retaking of Florida from the British, the Spanish Crown decreed that a new parish church should be built in the growing young town of Saint Augustine. The result was the...

Flagler College

Henry Morrison Flagler's wife, Mary, had always struggled with health problems, became very ill. She and Flagler visited Jacksonville, Florida for the winter. Unfortunately, Mary did not recover. She...

Lightner Museum

I have not been to this museum since 1954 when I went with my parents. At that time, my dad mostly took photos of the buttons that were displayed because my grandmother collected buttons. The usual...

Alligator Farm

We love watching the alligators and decided to visit this zoo though it was a bit of a hike from Orlando. It was well worth the effort and we would certainly visit it again if we stay in Florida...

Old City

The Ximenez-Fatio House is a historic boarding house dating from 1797. Nowadays it's a museum. Staying in line with how everything is presented in this town, I wonder if you can find the oldest...

Getting to O C White's Seafood & Spirits