map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Discover St Augustine: Attractions Pass with Hop-On Hop-Off
"On your visit to St Augustine take some time to learn the history of the oldest European-settled city in the United States. There are several ways to experience this historic city -- visit the Old Jail experience the Oldest Store museum explore the history museum and see the city via the Old Town hop-on hop-off trolley. It's a great way to see all that St Augustine has to offer.Old Jail: Built in 1890 by Henry Flagler the Old Jail of St Augustine is one of the oldest of its kind and despite being renovated maintains its original feel. It’s a perfect choice for families as actors dressed in time-period outfits take you back to the time when this was a maximum-security prison.St Augustine History Museum: Get a look into St Augustine's past at the history museum! With dozens of artifacts dating back centuries
From $39.00

St Augustine Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour
"See and Visit.. Fountain of Youth Lightner Museum Castillo de San Marcos Ripley's ""Believe it or Not"" Flagler College St. George Street St Augustine's Oldest House
From $26.00

Haunted Stroll Through Old St Augustine
"Join the storytellers for a 90-minute tour as they guide you through Old St. Augustine visiting some of their favorite haunts. Begin at the Love Tree Cottage and then stroll through the darkened streets hearing stories of the long deceased residents who have not moved on.Visit two cemeteries the grounds of the Old Fort city gates and your guides' favorite personal sites.  The tour ends back at the Love Tree Cottage to hear the world famous legend of Eternal Love. Adults and kids alike are sure to delight in learning about Old St. Augustine's spooky haunts. Tours are led at 8 and at both 8:30pm and 9:30pm on Friday and Saturday."""
From $16.00

Santa Maria Restaurant Tips (15)

Santa Maria Restaurant: a st. augustine institution

the santa maria was opened for business in 1954. they offer local seafood and american fare. the santa maria is located on a pier next to the bridge of lions. the most interesting feature of this restaurant is they have small doors at window seats were you can feed the fish in the harbor. a nice place for families with children.

doug48's Profile Photo
doug48
Nov 05, 2008

Santa Maria: You Can't Miss It!

As you cross the Bridge of Lions into Historic St. Augustine, you see a resturant sititng on a pier all by itself to your left. Many times I visited St. Augustine with friends and passed by it. Finally, I decided to stop by and try it. The wait can be long, but there's no lack of entertainment by watching children feeding catfish off the side of the pier. (Don't worry, they don't serve them them on the next day's menu). The service is friendly, old Florida style and the food is excellent.

Favorite Dish As a french onion soup expert, I have to say that they have the best I've ever tasted.

lulamae's Profile Photo
lulamae
Apr 04, 2011

Santa maria Restaurant: Great New menu, Two Thumbs Up!!

We like to come here when we visit, and we were VERY impressed with the recent menu additions! The food and service were great and the kids have a ball here feeding the fish from the outside deck!
Very pleased to see that they added a bunch of vegetarian items to the menu! Thanks Santa Maria!

Favorite Dish Vege melt was GREAT!!

widespreadhope's Profile Photo
widespreadhope
May 11, 2010

One of our favorites is the...

One of our favorites is the Santa Maria which is on the Intercoastal Waterway close to the fort and the bridge.
On a dock on the water. You can watch the boats go by and the bridge go up.

Favorite Dish Grouper or lobster

146 Avenida Menendez, Saint Augustine, Florida, 32084, United States
10 Marine Street, 32084
21 Aviles Street, Saint Augustine, Florida, 32084, United States

Santa Maria: Bad meal, uncaring staff

After years of eating at great restaurants in St. Augustine, we decided to give this one a try, even though no locals ever eat there. We were incredibly disappointed. For starters, the service was extremely slow. Next, we assumed by the menu prices that the seafood must be fresh and well-prepared, but it was far from it. My scallops were overcooked and absolutely tasteless. Our vegetables arrived to the table literally shriveled, like they had been cooked and then reheated in the microwave. Even my son's fettucine alfredo tasted like it came out of a jar. The icing on the cake, however, was the basket of rolls. My husband took a bite, made a face, and found mold all over the bottom of the roll. Since he's an incredibly nice guy, he gently mentioned it to the waiter, who grabbed the roll and said "oops" and scurried away. He never apologized, comped nothing on the menu, and we left the restaurant completely dissatisfied and much poorer. Never again.

drtraveler
Sep 13, 2008

Santa Maria Restaurant: Landmark

We always see this restaurant when we come through town, but we never eat here because we've been told (by the people who live here) that

*the food isn't very good and
*neither is the service.

They say it is a tourist trap. The only good thing about it seems to be that the children will have fun feeding the fish.

grandmaR's Profile Photo
grandmaR
Aug 13, 2005

Santa Maria: Don't Miss The Fresh Seafood!

Start with an ideal location overlooking scenic Matanzas Bay and the Bridge of Lions, add a menu specializing in a variety of seafood and steaks, a full service bar & lounge, and the novelty of feeding the fish or birds from your table...all this and the friendly staff make for a unique dining experience that should not be missed!

Favorite Dish Catfish and several steak varities.

Roeffie's Profile Photo
Roeffie
Sep 08, 2003

Santa Maria Restaurant: EAT ANYWHERE BUT HERE....SERIOUSLY!

SO disappointing! Wish I had seen the review pages before going! BIG waste of over $120 for 5 people! Only good thing about this restaurant is the view (which you can get by walking around outside near the water!) and the unique way of feeding the fish/birds! Terrible service from moment you walk in. People working seem like they are on some type of drug that not only makes them clueless, but makes them SLOW....in speech and otherwise?! Like others mentioned in these reviews, I'm a vegetarian and chose this restaurant over others, because of the vegetarian menu listed on it's website.....yet they don't have. Food was horrible, and actually basically unedible. Two of our party even got ill after leaving, which we KNOW was linked to the food. We are assuming the shrimp and probably a case of cross-contamination, since the place is very dirty looking. Like others said too, you have a slanted feeling the entire time there....from the slant in the dining area. Went here to celebrate a birthday and left not only hungry, because we couldn't eat the food (you would think a normal waiter would question why all the plates were still almost full when you came to clear the table....yet not even so much as a "was everything ok?"), but two of ill FROM the food that was eaten and out over a hundred dollars for it all. SO SORRY I chose this place for this special occasion. Please, whatever you do, don't go here! I plan to spread the word all I can. I honestly believe the only reason this place stays in business, is because poor unknowing tourists go in, for the atmosphere, and that's about it. Just nasty to be honest! You would be better off going to a fast food restaurant, then going here! Hope you come to read these reviews, before even considering going here.....wish I had! BIG thumbs down! PS-Would love to know who the people are giving the good reviews....my guess is either workers, owners, friends of owners, family of owners, etc...because have seen majority of BAD reviews from most....so, strange these few give a completely opposite review.

Favorite Dish NOTHING! Absolutely horrible....would never go back and recommend you don't even go the first time! Tourist trap because of location on water! Unless you want food poisoning....suggest you eat somewhere else! Wish we had!

pocketfullasunshine

doug48

"saint augustine"
Shihar's Profile Photo

Shihar

"My Favorite thing about Florida.. St. Augustine!"
View Member

Santa Maria: Turn around and go to Gypsy Cab across the bridge!

It will intrigue you with the pier and over water pilings, and if you have little kids and want to feed fish at the expense of lower than average food quality- you will be entertained. But make no mistake about this place- LOCALS avoid it. It's a total tourist trap that preys on the one time patron. This place is better than Sizzler, not as good as Chili's food wise, but you pay a little more for the setting/location over those places in class. My wife would rather eat at Waffle House or Cracker Barrell than Santa Maria- that's is how bad it is.

Trust me... Avoid the pier temptation, go over the Bridge of Lions and try Gypsy Cab on the left about a mile or so up. I am local and I dine there 2-3 times a month with our neightbors. Prices not much higher, food 20x better, and it not "sleezy" with seagul droppings all over the place... Best to call ahead and make a reservation at Gypsy Cab.

Favorite Dish Tried steaks and seafood options- all are competitive with Sizzler/Sam's Club canned options.

joez06
Sep 09, 2009

Santa Maria Restaurant: Great food and service

Our family looks forward to eating at the Santa Maria everytime we visit St. Augustine. My kids love feeding the fish and the birds from the table. We have always recieved great food and service. Thanks for another great meal!

Favorite Dish blackened shrimp skewers and broiled stuffed fish, they also have a great curry chicken sandwich

TERESAMILTON
May 13, 2010

Santa Maria Restaurant: Have never been disappointed

My family and I have been eating here for generations. Our most recent trip to St. Augustine was in October. The food was fantastic as usual and my boys really get a kick out of feeding the hundreds of catfish that swarm around the restaurant. Thanks for another great & entertaing meal.

Favorite Dish blackened seafood trio

KATHT
Nov 05, 2008

Santa Maria Restaurant: Fun place to eat & food is great!

We ate here over 4th of July weekend. It was crowded but we were sat promptly at a nice table with a perfect view of the water. The server brought us a basket of bread to throw out to the birds and catfish. That was alot of fun! We had blackened Mahi and grilled shrimp alfredo and boy was it good. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for something a little different and entertaining.

Favorite Dish blackened Mahi and grilled shrimp alfredo
The coconut shrimp appetizer was great also

caseyJ
Jul 12, 2009

Things to Do Near Santa Maria Restaurant

Potter's Wax Museum

This place was down in the "new" part of town, where the large central park is. This is the oldest wax museum in the U.S. (another "oldest" claim for St. Augustine). We got down there on the local...

Basilica of St. Augustine

In 1786, shortly after the retaking of Florida from the British, the Spanish Crown decreed that a new parish church should be built in the growing young town of Saint Augustine. The result was the...

Flagler College

Henry Morrison Flagler's wife, Mary, had always struggled with health problems, became very ill. She and Flagler visited Jacksonville, Florida for the winter. Unfortunately, Mary did not recover. She...

Lightner Museum

I have not been to this museum since 1954 when I went with my parents. At that time, my dad mostly took photos of the buttons that were displayed because my grandmother collected buttons. The usual...

Alligator Farm

We love watching the alligators and decided to visit this zoo though it was a bit of a hike from Orlando. It was well worth the effort and we would certainly visit it again if we stay in Florida...

Old City

The Ximenez-Fatio House is a historic boarding house dating from 1797. Nowadays it's a museum. Staying in line with how everything is presented in this town, I wonder if you can find the oldest...

Getting to Santa Maria Restaurant

Address

135 Avenida Menendez, St. Augustine

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Map