More Places to eat in Atlanta

Most Viewed Restaurants in Atlanta

• apbeaches's Profile Photo

Canoe: Romantic

by apbeaches Updated Jan 3, 2016

Charming romantic restaurant with walls of windows nestled in beautiful grounds along the Chattahoochee River. Impeccable service, valet, massive wine list with the shop next-door. Wine was available by the glass, half bottle, and bottle in all price ranges. Reservations need to be attained weeks in a advance even for weeknights. Open kitchen, warm lounge with a huge bar, Terrace and paths outside took us through the herb garden and along the river. Waitress shared that restaurant was flooded, water came up to the middle of the bar.

Favorite Dish: Farm to table; Fresh fresh fish, wild game ball with an exotic flair. We enjoyed our kangaroo appetizer cooked to perfection in with smoked salmon oh for potato pancakes. Halibut in a ginger, coconut milk, lemongrass sauce, over jasmine rice and scallop scrimp sausage was wonderful. The smoked trout ravioli with trout above was delicious and different. The roles were warm and perfect. The chocolate bonne with hazelnut mousse inside and pretzel dust required instructions on how to eat it.

View from our table From the river Fish entrees Chocolate bonne with pretzel dust
    • Wine Tasting

• apbeaches's Profile Photo

Aviva by Kaamel: Aviva by Kameel

by apbeaches Updated Jan 3, 2016

Aviva was rated #1 restaurant by Trip Advisor, so we had to go. Cafeteria style restaurant In Peach Tree Center served fast, delicious, fresh Middle Eastern / Mediterranean food. Kameel was very friendly and welcoming giving us lots of complimentary tastes. Enjoyed the soup, baklava and coffee with cardomin flavors that we sampled after our meal. Portions were enormous and the two of us ate for under $25. Restaurant was clean and felt new, food looked very appealing and staff were helpful.

Favorite Dish: Lamb Schwarma, falafel, fish soup and baklava were delicious.

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Hankook Taqueria: Manliest Tacos!

by TravellerMel Written Dec 1, 2015

My husband and I were watching TV one day, when a show came on the Travel Channel called "Manliest Eats". They profiled Hankook Taqueria in Atlanta as being the "Manliest Tacos" for their Korean BBQ-infused tacos. We were planning a trip to Atlanta in a couple of months, so we added Hankook to our "Must Eat" list.

SO glad we did - the place is great! Small, not fancy, inexpensive, with WONDERFUL food - our favorite kind of place! I had the Korean BBQ pork taco (slightly spicy) and the won tons (which I didn't care for, because they had sausage inside, and I don't eat sausage. My husband loved them though). We split an order of seasoned french fries, and each got a drink - the total bill came to just about $20.

The staff was super friendly - we just loved it. Will have to return when we get back to Atlanta, since the menu changes. :-)

High Velocity: Marquis Sports Bar

by PinkFloydActuary Written Aug 25, 2015

The first night of our conference, we just wanted a place nearby that had the Blackhawks game on. We picked the Marquis sports bar.

The place is very bright - lot's of TVs everywhere. Getting seated for our large group was still easy. The center of the room is a large square bar with lots of seating and about 30 beers on tap.

Our server was excellent - we had a group fluctuating from 8-14 people, and nobody was ever needing anything for long. Because we were coming from a reception, most of us ate light - I just went with a Caesar salad. It was good sized, and tasted great.

As I mentioned, the bar menu is also very ample. I got to try several new beers here as well. Prices are on the high side, but fairly in line with hotel restaurants. A solid option if you are staying at the hotel - not sure I would travel to eat here though.

High Velocity

Max Lagers: Yes...more beer

by PinkFloydActuary Written Aug 25, 2015

The beer sampling continued for me at dinner. Max Lager's is a neat looking building downtown, right near several of the big hotels. We were seated right away. The wait staff was on the game, very responsive to our needs.

I went with the burger and a side of sauteed spinach. Both were decent. The real attraction was the beer - once again, I went with the sampler. It started with a bang - the White and Red were both very good. However, it went downhill from there, I really wouldn't reorder any of the other four.

Pricing is just a tad steeper than most brewpubs, but not too much so. This was a neat place and a decent menu.

Beer flight Burger and spinach

Gordon Biersch: Second Beer Stop

by PinkFloydActuary Written Aug 24, 2015

Having already had a good lunch, I was heading back to the hotel when I realized I could swing by here and try what they have to offer.

I sat at the bar and asked for the sampler - the bartender told me that he could recommend a style for me, but my goal was really to sample. He poured me a nice 8 sample array, and gave me a small primer on each one.

The beers themselves were pretty much just OK. Nothing terrible, the Marzen and Maibock were easily the best of the bunch. I got to watch a little NFL network, cool off, and relax. That's what I needed at the time.

Sampler selection

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

5 Seasons Westside: Solid Beer offerings!

by PinkFloydActuary Written Aug 24, 2015

Arriving downtown, I was hoping to go to a local brewpub. After consulting the map, this was the closest place I could still walk to. While the walk was fine, the weather was hot, so I was a dripping mess as I walked in. No matter - time for a bite to eat and beer! Except it was a Sunday, which meant no beer until 12:30! I would be damned if I walked that far and didn't get beer, so I started with just lunch and water. I chose the Vadalia Onion Turkey Burger, which was top notch, and highly recommended. Very flavorful!

As to the restaurant, it definitely has a "pub" feel to it - the main seating area inside is very open, with a view of the sizable bar in the center of the room with all the taps. There's a second set of seating off to the side, and there is some outside seating as well. Servers and hostess stand folks are friendly.

Once 12:30 hit, I went with the sampler. There's a list of the 11-12 they have on tap, you highlight the six you want. Pretty good selection, and a number of unique styles.

Beer people should definitely go. Even if you don't like beer, the food was solid too!

Sampler tray and list

Noodle: Noodle

by TravellerMel Updated Mar 11, 2015

Came here for lunch on a recommendation from a co-worker. It's not a terribly large restaurant, but they have booths and several large, long pub-style tables and chairs down the center of the place. It was a busy lunch time, but I was seated immediately. I ordered the Singapore Noodle bowl with shrimp, and was shocked at the large portion. For $8, I ate on it for lunch and dinner. It was delicious, and served quickly. Perfect for a business lunch. They have a full bar with pretty cocktails, so it would be nice for a romantic, but inexpensive, date night dinner as well.

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Steamhouse Lounge: Steamhouse Lounge - GREAT Lobster Bisque!

by TravellerMel Updated Feb 25, 2015

Had a WONDERFUL dinner here. Just next door to the hotel where I am staying (Residence Inn Georgia Tech Midtown), the place has a casual "beachy" feel to it. Inside is casual, but not "dive-y" with wood floors and a large bar in the middle. Seat yourself. My waiter was very attentive and friendly, recommending the lobster bisque, and telling me the special for the night was a dozen boiled shrimp, hot or chilled, for $6. I took him up on both of those, and was very happy. It was seriously the BEST lobster bisque I have ever eaten, and the shrimp were large and tasty. I was so full, but then the waiter mentioned the Key Lime pie... I took a slice to go. :-)

Very reasonably priced (the cup of lobster bisque was $4.75 - a bowl was $6.75, and my pie was $5), I saw a shrimp po-boy for $9, and char-grilled oysters. They had lots of seafood on the menu, but also had burgers.

I will go back for sure - I want more bisque and to try those oysters! :-)

Boiled shrimp and lobster bisque - yummy!

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

Grant Central Pizza: Grant Central Pizza

by butterflykizzez04 Written Aug 17, 2014

Thursday, August 14th, Noel, Tony and I decided to go to Atlanta to visit the zoo. After walking around for 3 1/2 hr hours, we were starving!!! So, I grabbed my smartphone and searched YELP app for a nearby restaurant that served beer for Tony and had good reviews...so up pops Grant Central Pizza and Pasta..which was only up the street 1/2 mile...so hey WHY NOT???

Normally, I want to try the pizza but Tony and I opted to share a Calzone with four cheeses and marinara sauce..and we added pepperoni and meatballs.. Noel ordered Chicken Alfredo Pasta and we ordered the Garlic Toast with Mozzarella cheese...we got soda and Tony ordered a PBR in a bottle..

The interior is very nice!!!
    The waitress was very friendly and helpful!!!
    It was around 1:30 and not very crowded..you can tell this is a neighborhood eatery!!! They also have a little outside dining on the sidewalk, and plenty inside with a bar area...
    I loved the interior artwork, looked local!!

The food arrived in about 20 minutes, all together so not bad!! There was only three pieces of garlic cheese bread with NO marinara sauce!!! Strange!! but the bread was good!! But a little pricey for the quantity and no dipping sauce!
    Noel's pasta looked wonderful!! But apparently the chicken was blackened or something and she said hey a strange taste..but it was good and she enjoyed it. Our calzone was large!!! But there was no sauce INSIDE...only the cheese and meat...the sauce was on the side so you had to put it on there yourself..Tony hated that!!! I just put mine on top,, but he had to pull his apart and open it up and add the sauce and there was not enough sauce..so he was unhappy...
    But, it tasted pretty good!!!
    I would order it again, but I would have to remember to ask for my sauce INSIDE....

Price, tip and taxes was $35...hummm.... A little pricy for me!!
    But it was good!! I would eat here again!!

• Beer Tasting

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Southern Sweets: Good lunches and Sweets

by DSwede Written Jul 23, 2014

A local's staple, Southern Sweets supplies many of the city's restaurants with pies and desserts. Come for the deli and stay for dessert! Its a relatively small place, tucked back in an otherwise industrial area so you'd need to drive in and just be confident that you're not going in the wrong place.

Favorite Dish: The sandwiches and salads were great, as were the pies. They also have daily made soups, but I did not try them. There is a large vegetarian menu too for those who chose to go that route.

Southern Sweets

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Dough Bakery: Great Vegetarian/Vegan and Brunch too

by DSwede Written Jul 23, 2014

Having been visiting friends who are vegetarian and vegan, we dined at places that offered either whole or partial menus for them. Dough Bakery would be one of those that the vegan would love and the carnivore would not even notice it was a veggie friendly place. Pastries, sweets, deli options, juices, coffee and even breakfasts all well prepared

Favorite Dish: On Sundays only, they serve breakfasts. I had the cinnamon roll pancakes... mmm! There were tofu skillets, biscuits and gravy and more for those who don't have a sweet tooth. All good!

Cinnamon Roll Pancakes at Dough Bakery

• riorich55's Profile Photo

HD1 aka Haute Doggery: Gourmet Hot Dogs

by riorich55 Updated May 6, 2014

UPDATE: The owner flipped this location to another one of his FLIP Burger locations in 2013. Having spent 8 weeks in Atlanta on business I was on the lookout for additional places to eat that weren't too far distant from where I was staying. In the Sunday, Chicago Tribune travel section I happened upon an article about fancy hot dog places and one of the places they featured was called HD1 which just opened in Atlanta in September, 2011.

One of the partners of this restaurant was Richard Blais who has been on TV on several food channels and is noted for his unusual creations. He has another restaurant in the Atlanta area called Flip which features gourmet hamburgers.

I went there on a Monday night and you could tell it wasn't your usual hot dog place as there were 2 BMW's sitting in the small parking lot. Apparently the restaurant was previously a coffee shop so again parking was at a premium.

Favorite Dish: There are other items on the menu besides hot dogs including (and I'm taking this from their menu), cocktails, beer, wine, beverages, bits and pieces, stuff and sweets.

Now how many hot dog places do you see with cocktails like a drink called "Dark 'N Stormy" which has gosling rum, ginger beer and honey and ginger infused aged CayRum?

The Bits and Pieces included shrimp fried in grits, Dr Bacon baked beans and Deviled ham in eggs among others.

For my meal that evening I has a Louisiana Lobster Dog (really a lobster roll) with mirliton salad and shrimp head aioli along with some waffled fries with maple-oy. $13.50 for the 2 again tells you this isn't your typical Chicago Dog and Fries.

The food was ok, but I think I'll stick with a regular Chicago Hot Dog and Fries.

Entrance Interior
    • Luxury Travel

• meteorologist1's Profile Photo

Silver Skillet Restaurant: Great Southern Breakfast

by meteorologist1 Written Jan 18, 2014

The breakfast was amazing and homemade. The people there were so friendly and welcoming, knowing that I was from out of town. That gave me a lasting impression. Will definitely come back when I visit Atlanta next time!

Favorite Dish: Southern breakfast - eggs, biscuits, country ham, red eye gravy, etc. all were delicious!

southern breakfast
    • Seniors

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Parish - Foods & Goods: Nice Atmosphere - So So Food

by riorich55 Updated Mar 31, 2013

Spending my third week in Atlanta on business, I have gotten a chance to get out and try a few restaurants in the area. I don't bring my camera out every night, but last night I did and took some pictures which I will download to my regular computer back home. After a little internet research we went to a section of Atlanta called Inman Park.

We arrived and had a picture posing valet, named Bishop park our car. The area had a lot of newer condominiums and the streets were full of vehicles so I didn't want to keep riding around looking for a place to park. The restaurant is in an old converted building called Building 240 which according to their website is in a historical Terminal Building built in 1890 and is the only remaining structure from an old pipe factory which had been abandoned for some time.

The downstairs of the building is actually the "Goods" portion of the "Foods and Goods" where again according to their website is a place where you can grab a quick bite to eat along with buying goods on shelves stocked with fair trade goods, organic homemade breads, flowers, cheeses, homemade ice cream, etc. The night we were there it appeard that they had a wine and cheese tasting party going on.

Favorite Dish: We arrived around 7:00 p.m. and decided to eat outside since it was a very nice evening and the interior was a little too dark for my tastes. We sat next to a table of 4 ladies whose server was male, while our server was Jessica. I commented to my co-worker who I was having dinner with, that this was a very good marketing ploy to have the male serving the ladies while a lady was serving us. (I'm sure this makes for better tips). Jessica was friendly and talked a bit about her favorite sports teams from Atlanta.

Anyway, to the food part of the review. They had a number of appetizers on the menu including salads, a local cheese plate and something which did look interesting, Heirloom Tomatoes and Watermelon, but since we were on a somewhat limited expense account of $30 per evening dinner we skipped that. I asked Jessica what she would order if she were a patron this evening and she said the cheese appetizer was good and that she loves the catfish. I'm not a big catfish lover so I skipped that. I ordered a glass of Pinot Noir wine to go along with my TV Dinner.

Yes, you read me right, a TV Dinner. On their menu they have a TV Dinner selection which they list as a "childhood classic with an adult twist. meat and 3 with a treat". According to Jessica this changes weekly and this week was a Chicken Schnitzel with black eyed peas, spinach, almond rice and the treat was a chocolate cookie. As the picture shows it is actually served in a plastic TV dinner tray with every food item in its own compartment. A clever idea.

However, the food was just average in my opinion. The chicken schnitzel did not contain a lot of meat and was a little dry. The peas, spinach and almond rice were also a bit dry for my tastes. I guess I should have really gone for something not fried, but I figured I would try something different tonight.

I might go back to try out a different menu item, but at least on this night the place only rated a 3 star rating - 5 stars for the service and ambiance and really only 2 stars for the food.

Patio Where We Ate Bishop Poses Then Parks Our Car TV Dinner - Restaurant Style Interior
    • Business Travel

Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Atlanta Marriott Century Center
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Instant Answers: Atlanta

Comments

Atlanta Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Atlanta locals.
Map of Atlanta