Flipside too and Mina's, Hilo

• Flipside too and Mina's
    by Hexepatty

Know about this? Rate It!

• Flipside too: Goodbye to the Flip

by Drewdi Written Oct 2, 2008

My favourite pool/biker/drag queen bar. Never found anywhere like it on Earth. I was there in August 2004 and April 2008, when it was just about to be demolished to make way for a car park at Hilo market. Progress... bollocks. Sorry to see you go, and sorry I wasn't there for the last-night party.

Directions: Flipside too is in Downtown (Historic) Hilo. I think on Mamo St. Mina's is across from the Stadium/Arena where Merrie Monarch is. And Shooters is located in a hotel lobby area on Hilo Bay where all ho

• Theme Park Trips

• triplehelix's Profile Photo

Flipside Too: Alcoholic's Paradise

by triplehelix Updated Apr 13, 2006

I haven't been to Flipside or Flipside Too but I hear it can get pretty wild there. I myself am not the bar going type nor do I even drink. I figure I'd add this for those interested. I really don't have much info other than it's one of the few places they'll let you get p^ss drunk before stopping you. In any case, call a taxi or have a designated driver please...

I'm not too sure but I was also told this is a big gay and lesbian hang out if its anything to you. This area is also part of a local joke about hookers being on Mamo St. I guess back in the old days before they "cracked down on it", pun intended, prostitues used to frequent the area. If you go past there at night, you'll most likely see cross dressing hookers hahaha.

Dress Code: Trampy, Slutty, Easy, I'm On the House, you get the idea

Address: 94 Mamo St., Hilo, HI, 96720

Directions: Flipside Too is in the downtown Hilo area near the Farmers Market area.

Phone: (808)-961-0057

• Study Abroad
    • Gay and Lesbian

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo

Flipside too and Mina's were...

by Hexepatty Updated Sep 22, 2003

Flipside too and Mina's were really Fun, I have to say. But we also went to SHOOTERS which is at the Coconut Bay Club (I THINK!!) Well, its at some club next to the Hilo Naniloa Hotel.
    Shooters - no pic sorry -had live band. Jaiwaiian music too. Lots of nice looking people. Had a $5 cover. Opened till 4 am. FLIPSIDE TOO had lots of cheap drinks! That was nice. Mina's had those GREAT pupus and karaoke! And lots of tvs playing mainland horse races. Frank and I liked watching the ponies and reminicing about our NYC days and betting at OTB's with the bums when we were kids!

Dress Code: Shooters - dress to impress. But in a SLEAZY I wanna go home w/ someone - kinda way. Mina's: look presentable. Flipside too: just cover your private parts. No one is sober enough to notice what you are wearing. Maybe just the bartender...

Instant Answers: Hilo