Kihei Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Kihei

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Sorrento's on the Beach: Good Beach Front Dinner

by cjg1 Updated Dec 4, 2015

Sorrento’s is a restaurant located right on Keawakapu Beach that serves Italian/Mediterranean food. This is a true beach front restaurant that is perfect for a sunset meal. My wife enjoyed a sunset dinner here and the view was amazing which was worth it in itself.

We arrived a bit early for our reservation after we had spent some time at the beach so we headed to the bar area. We had some nice drinks at the bar as well as conversation with the bartenders Han & Chewy…yes that is their names (Loving the Star Wars connection). We enjoyed the bar until our hostess came to seat us for dinner. We were seated at a table for two outside with a perfect view of the beach. My only complaint here is that other diners would come out in front of the gate by our table to smoke; which is disgusting and management should do something about this. I’m paying for a meal; not a dose of cancer. We liked that there was a house photographer that came around to the tables offering to take sunset photos. My wife and I indulged in a photo which we later purchased before leaving the restaurant.

Bread was placed on the table when we were seated which was a nice warm, soft bread. Our water took our drink order; we both chose unsweetened iced teas. The menu here has a nice mix of food so anyone could find something they like: chicken, fish, seafood, pasta, meat. After perusing the menu; my wife and I had made our entrée choices. I chose the Hawaiian Ahi and my wife chose the grilled Spiny Lobster. Despite ordering rare tuna; I found my tuna a bit too overcooked for my liking. It still tasted good but not great. My wife liked her Lobster but the accompanying sauce and pasta was a bit disappointing. Some pieces of pasta were cooked properly and others were a bit raw. Dessert though was redeeming with my Tiramisu being quite god and my wife enjoying her crème brulee.

The food here is just good; nothing spectacular in my opinion compared to other meals we have had while visiting Maui. The service though is very good; friendly and attentive. Would I come here again; maybe but probably more for the bar than the actual restaurant.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Wow Wow Lemonade: Best Lemonade I Have Ever Tasted!

by cjg1 Updated Nov 16, 2015

The name says it all with this place...Wow Wow! My wife found this place and I am so glad she did. Both my wife and I love drinking lemonade;especially when it is hot outside. This place is known for making handcrafted lemonade from locally grown ingredients in a variety of flavors.

This place is located in a strip mall in Kihe; you kind of have to look for it as it blends in with the other shops. The place is small but the line can be long for their delicious lemonade. A large board above the counter has all the flavors of lemonade they have available that day. There are many tasty varieties such as: Classic lemonade, Mango, Lychee Strawberry and watermellon Basil. We decided since it was the beginning of our trip to purchase their reusable, glass mason jar instead of a plastic disposable container. We decided on the 24 ounce jar; it also comes in a32 ounce as well. Refills would then be cheaper each time we purchased lemonade.

During our stay in Maui; we visited this place at least 10 times to enjoy their delicious lemonade. We loved that each order was made right in front of us. Each glass of lemonade was delicious with just the right balance of tartness to sweetness. I wish we could crack their secret to this lemonade so we could make it at home but we haven't succeeded yet. Guess we will just have to get back to Maui really soon for some more.

(Hours: 7:30am-4:00pm Everyday)

Yum!  Best Lemonade Ever!

• Chuck0's Profile Photo

Da Kitchen / Da Kitchen Express: While the same - not the same

by Chuck0 Written Sep 4, 2010

We had been informed from friends of the Da Kitchen Express in Kihei and decided to give it a whirl. While I and the kids liked it, the mother in law had a difficult time eating some of the food, in part due to the heavy salt content and the enormous amount of food. It is more expensive, but they were able to eat it the next day for lunch too. This is in a little strip mall, some seating, but not a whole lot of ambiance. The wait staff were friendly which makes it that much nicer. Yes, Look at the menu carefully - you might get something you didn't expect.

We stopped by Da Kitchen in downtown Laheina. Very different atmosphere - more of the street, outside dining, touristy restaurant. The staff were very good, and while the special of the day was a fish (Mahi) and chips for 4.95 the portion was much smaller then the dinner version. I get it and expected just that. BUT the cook decided that the fish he sent us was too small and cooked up some more just for us. That was good. Really good. Tipped the cook extra and the wait staff for having the ice tea filled all the time.

Both are good, but each has it's own.

Favorite Dish: Da Brudda was my dish, but the Mahi chips were very good.

Address: Maui

Directions: Downtown areas

• Diving and Snorkeling

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Freds Mexican Cafe: Freds Mexican Cafe

by malianrob Written Sep 4, 2009

I was afraid to try Mexican food in Hawaii. I had tried some on Oahu and I was disappointed but my kids saw this place and had to eat here.
    Its definatley not authentic Mexican food but it was good. Thank God.
    The funny this is that they are known for their famous fried rice. Not Mexican.
    I have to say the Fried Rice was the best I have had next to the fried rice at Benihanas.
    We were not disappointed. The food here is delicious and the service is good too.

Favorite Dish: The fried rice. The bad thing is that they only have the fried rice for breakfast. At lunch they dont serve fried rice and they dont make more of it. Kinda odd.

Address: 2511 S. Kihei Road

Directions: Downstairs at Mooses Mcgillycuddys. Breakfast from 7:30-11am lunch from 11:30-whenever

Phone: 808-891-8600

• Five Palms Restaurant: Steer away from this dump

by hawaiianryan Updated Aug 27, 2008

Although the view is spectacular and the ambiance is pretty nice, if you are looking for food that tastes good, this is not the place for you. At fine dining prices I would expect, at the very least, edible food. But they managed to screw up every dish we ordered. The food tasted horrible, and things which should have been cooked (ie. shrimps, potatoes) were raw. The shrimps were still cold, that is how raw they were. I will never, ever return to this restaurant, and I suggest you all steer clear too.

Favorite Dish: Nothing!! All terrible!!

Address: Mana Kai Hotel

Directions: One of the last hotels in Kihei before you hit the bend for Wailea.

• Beaches

• Kihei Cafe: Kihei's Best Breakfast

by suebee36 Written Mar 22, 2008

It is worth staying in Kihei to have breakfast here every morning. First of all, the outdoor patio with views of the ocean put you in the aloha state of mind immediately. Most importantly, the food is delicious. The cinnamon buns were heart stoppers - it was hard to stop at one. The omlettes we had were delicious, as was the fried rice breakfast plate. Plenty of fresh local fruit to enjoy as well.

• Cafe O'Lei Kihei: Don't let the strip mall fool you

by suebee36 Written Mar 4, 2008

Frighteningly located on the second floor of a strip mall in central Kihei....but WOW really great food and REALLY great ambience on the inside. The food was very good. We ordered a host of h'ordearves (calamarri, tuna, other) which were excellent. The main entrees were excellent too....AND, they must be passing on the savings from being located in a strip mall because the prices were really affordable. Main entrees around $15, which is great for Kihei and for the quality of the restaurant/food.

Favorite Dish: The specialty are the brazed shortback ribs. Husband and brother in law both got them. Truly the order. Tender, tasty with a kick. Very good. Would highly recommend.

Address: 2439 S. Kihei Road, #201

Directions: Central Kihei in a strip mall

Phone: 808.891.1368

• Luxury Travel

• dmagayna's Profile Photo

Aroma D' Italia: Friendly service, great food, intimate setting.

by dmagayna Written Jun 22, 2007

Located in a shopping center next to a Foodland grocery store and an ABC store, Aroma D' Italia is a nice little restaurant. It serves traditional Italian dishes and nightly specials. Our server, Robin was warm, friendly and totally interested in helping us have a great meal and experien

Favorite Dish: My wife and I had fairly traditional fare, but from the Penne with meat sauce to the Canoli for desert, we weren't disappointed.

Address: Next to Foodland

Directions: On the main drag in Kihei

• jelw's Profile Photo

Kihei Cafe: Beach Views at Breakfast

by jelw Written Jan 26, 2006

A delicious breakfast in a unique restaurant. At the Kehei Cafe you go inside to place your order then you may seat yourself. Be prepared to wait in line at this popular local hangout.
    The Menu is written on a chalk board inside. They offered a great variety of eggs every way imaginable including the local favorite, on rice with a portugese style sausage and smothered in brown gravy. The flavor was reminiscent of egg foo young. My husband had the steak and eggs, our friend Lee had the awesome pancakes and I chose the Veggie scramble, an amazing melange of fresh vegetables with a hearty sharp cheddar cheese mixed with the eggs. As you can see in the photo it was a mountainous portion.
    The Kona coffee was excellent.

Favorite Dish: The Veggie scramble was wonderful.

Directions: Beach front in the center of Kihei

Veggie Scramble breakfast Kihei Cafe Good Kona Coffee
    • Study Abroad

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Azekas Ribs and Snack Shop: Best Ribs In The World!

by mj111 Updated Oct 10, 2005

Azekas in Kihei is a local carry out market that offers a wonderful selection of marinated meats that are unbeleivably tasty;Specifically the Azekas Ribs. If you are staying in one of the condos or resorts in the Kihei area find out if you have access to a barbeque grill. You must pick up a big bunch of these ribs and do the cooking yourself. I have eaten alot of ribs in my time but nothing matches Azekas. Azekas is a full line market with all the normal grocery store merchandise but they also have a very nice take out menu that incorporates all of their meat products as well as rice,salad etc. Sushi is also freshly made to order. If you are in kihei, Azekas is a must do! Located at 1280 South Kihei Rd. in KIhei, Maui. Right behind the Kihei post office

Favorite Dish: RIBS! RIBS! RIBS!

Address: 1280 South Kihei Rd. Kihei, Maui

Directions: On South Kihei Rd. In the town of Kihei directly behind the Kihei Post Office

Phone: 808-879-0611

• Da Kitchen: Lots of Local Food

by cbogacki Updated May 19, 2005

If you need a meal, this is the place. If your scared to try a "local" dish, try something you know, or read the menu carefully, you know what it is but it's just called something else. You can split a meal and be satisfied. It's a staple for me and many of my friends.
    Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Kinda late for breakfast though, AFTER the snorkeling, not before.

Favorite Dish: Chicken Katsu....the best....it's thighs though, some mainlanders didn't know that.
    Hamburger Steak.....oh yeah!
    Chicken Teriyaki.....can you eat 5 pieces?

Address: 2439 S. Kihei Rd.

Directions: Dolphin Plaza, Across the street from Denny's (don't go there)

Phone: 808-875-7782

• Pita Pradise: DIfferent & Good

by cbogacki Written May 19, 2005

Pita Paradise is a "child" of the Greek Bistro. This restuarant is open for lunch and dinner. The wait is a bit long for lunch so we call ahead. It's good food at a good price. Great Mediterrean seasonings and different from the bland "white wine & capers" found to appease the many fearful tourists. The gyro and the chicken mediterrean is great, I have both dozens of times. Other items are tasty also. Don't expect wonderful service or a posh interior, expect great food and you will not be disappointed. If Johnny has caught a fish that day....ORDER IT!

Favorite Dish: If you'll be in Maui a while, get you Frequent Dining Cards...commonly called the Kamaaina VIP Card. Don't try to say that if your a tourist.

Address: Kihei Kalama Village

Directions: Across the street from Foodland, next to Kahale''s, behind LIfe's a Beach

Phone: 808-875-7679

• derats's Profile Photo

Five Palms: What a View

by derats Written Apr 18, 2004

Casual dining in Kihei served up with stunning views and an ideal, oceanside locale.
    this casual eatery boasts stunning views of Kahoolawe and Molokini. Anything but pretentious, this laid-back establishment is cozy and comfortable with a friendly and efficient staff. Stop in for lunch by the sea or a romantic torch-lit dinner without all the fuss of Maui's more high-maintenance establishments.

A menu featuring a variety of salads, sandwiches and pasta is rounded out with rich, original dishes. Burgers and foccacia sandwiches are favorites for lunch. For a heavier meal, flavorful combinations include roasted rack of lamb with sundried tomato soy sauce,

Favorite Dish: The filet mignon topped with filo-wrapped prawns. Deserts such as lilikoi (passion fruit) cheesecake smothered in tropical fruit are worth saving room for.

Address: 2960 S Kihei Rd

Directions: Located at the northern tip of Keawakapu Beach in the Mana Kai Resort,

Phone: (808) 879-2607

• dieseldogmom's Profile Photo

Harlow's Restaurant: Harlow's Restaurant

by dieseldogmom Written Aug 26, 2002

Don't let the outside looks fool you ... it is beautiful inside and the service ... well what can I say ... we were treated like royalty from start to finish. We actually had nothing to drink and walked out feeling quite high!

Favorite Dish: They did a Opakapaka (blue snapper) dish that was out of this world ... covered in crushed macadamia nuts, sauteed, and finished with Frangelico ... fish never tasted so good!

Address: Main Street in Kihei, above another store.

• AGBAT's Profile Photo

Bubba Burgers has a good...

by AGBAT Written Aug 25, 2002

Bubba Burgers has a good flavor but is muggy and has a loud, young, drug, crowd that may upset the ambiance of the meal.
    You are eating with your hands off of paper, so if you require sanitary, airconditioned comfort give this place a pass.

Favorite Dish: All the burgers were good, if somewhat small and pricey.

Directions: On the main drag accross from beach and park. Of course everything is on the main drag accross from the beach and park.

Instant Answers: Kihei

Comments

Kihei Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kihei restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kihei sightseeing.