Map &

Been here?
Rate it
chevron_left

chevron_right

Aloha Stadium Flee Market Tips (10)

Aloha Stadium Swap Meet: Shop until you drop - Aloha Stadium

Aloha Stadium has all the touristy items you want to buy to give as gifts -jewelry, clothes, crafts, food and more. This is the stadium where the Pro Bowl is played in. The vendors set up their booths in the parking lot all around the stadium. The entry cost is 50cents or $1, I can't remember. But definately reasonable.

Much cheaper than the boutiques on Waikiki or International Market place. The only thing that might be cheaper is Wal-Mart. We shopped here to buy all the souveniers that are expected from us then mailed them home from the post office at the Honolulu Airport a couple miles away. That way we didn't have to lug it around with us.

What to buy Open Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday

pamstravels's Profile Photo
pamstravels
Apr 04, 2011

Aloha Stadium: Aloha Stadium

I discovered this place years ago when I first came to Hawaii and since then I have never bought another souvenier in Waikiki again. You can find most of the items that they sell in Waikiki at the Aloha Stadium for much much cheaper. Check the days and times that they are open because its not everyday. Go early in the morning if you can because it gets hot in the afternoon.
You can also look into any of the tourist magazines along Waikiki and get the coupon out which is pay one admission and get the other free. Admission is only a dollar but still it saves alittle there. When I first starting coming here admission was .50 cents.
The Stadium is also home to the University of Hawaii's Warriors football team. The Probowl is also held here for the past several years although this next year will be held somewhere else.

What to buy You can find everything and anything here. You can get a great deal on t-shirts, puka shells, Hawaiian crafts, etc..
They are also known for some of the largest sizes I have ever seen. This is important because my husband and son are big boys so I need large sizes.
I love this place.

What to pay Pay alot less here than in Waikiki

malianrob's Profile Photo
malianrob
Aug 07, 2009

The Aloha Stadium Swap Meet: Shop Like a Local at Aloha Stadium

Shopping on Oahu can be expensive, but somehow, the nearly one million people who live here manage to find reasonably-priced items. How? One of the ways is to get all the same T-Shirts, gifts and knickknacks that you usually find in ABC Stores and the International Market Place at the Swap Meet. Every Wednesday and Saturday mornings, the Aloha Stadium parking lot fills up with vendors selling T-shirts (8 for $30), aloha shirts (if you're looking for cheaply-made, low quality ones, you can get them for $15), cheap jewelry, board shorts and assorted Hawaiian gifts that you can bring home. My sister managed to spend four hours circling the stadium, but I'm usually tapped out after an hour (I have congenitally weak shopping stamina). However, even I have a prized buy: a blue lava tank top with a humuhumunukunukuapua'a on it (Hawai'i's state fish!).
By the way, because Aloha Stadium is close to Pearl Harbor, the shopaholic and the history buff can both enjoy their morning without being bored. By the way, nobody really does any swapping at the swap meet, but you can bargain!

AKtravelers's Profile Photo
AKtravelers
Dec 15, 2007

Aloha Stadium Swap Meet: Swap Meet / Flea Market

This is huge.... if you have time and can be bothered track out to the Aloha Stadium then it's worth it as things are generally much cheaper.
It is Hawaii's Largest Swap Meet!
Open Every Wed, Sat & Sun 6am-3pm

What to buy Hawaiian Quilts, Coco products, Novelty Hawaiian products, Clothes, Towels, Wood carvings etc

I got great deals from "Nathaniel's Merchandise" on the Hawaiian quilted products I bought. Their shop is stall 7-D on a Wednesday, 6-D on Saturdays and 3-D on Sundays, but they also have a shop so call them on (808) 842-5868 if you want to visit their actual store.

What to pay Much less than in towns, and you can bargain (if you're into it)... you should do so a little as they usually will give you a slightly higher price to start with.

tigerjapan's Profile Photo
tigerjapan
Nov 03, 2007

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Aloha Stadium Flee Market

Hotels
1088 Bishop Street, (formerly ResortQuest at the Executive Centre Hotel), Honolulu, Hawaii, 96813
1525 Rycroft Street, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96814, United States
410 Atkinson Drive, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96814, United States
100 Holomoana St., Honolulu, Hawaii, 96815, United States
Hotels
1696 Ala Moana Boulevard, (formerly Hawaii Polo Inn), Honolulu, Hawaii, 96815, United States
1775 Ala Moana Boulevard, 96815

Aloha Stadium Swap Meet….: Everything from fresh coconut to a suitcase

…or simply a Flea Market. A great place for souvenir shopping. First of all, the choice is much bigger than anywhere else. There is really some creative merchandise to shop for.
Second, bargaining here is normal, so don’t feel ashamed.
Remember one thing, this place is huge and there’s more than one row of stands, so either you have a phenomenal memory or buy what you like on the spot, don’t full yourself by saying that you’ll come back, most likely you won’t find that same stand again.
Personally, I bought some very nice suitcase there, for a very reasonable price. And it was a kind of a souvenir for me too, because it has Hawaiian Island printed on it.
You can either get there by bus or by car. Car entrance and parking is $1 per person.
The market takes place every Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9 am to 3 pm.

What to pay Depends on what you buy, but feel free to bargain

Nathalie_B's Profile Photo
Nathalie_B
Nov 02, 2007

Swap Meet at Aloha Stadium: The best place for souvenirs

For only a 50 cent entrance fee, you can literally shop til you drop for any and every Hawaiian souvenir you can imagine, get some tasty local treats and go home with the satisfaction that you're an awesome shopper.
Of course as with all open air markets, many sell a lot of the same goods, but this is to your advantage. You can price and bargain with confidence for the things you want.
As for things, there are shell necklaces, Hawaiian-print clothing for the whole family, hula dolls, silver, gold and jade jewelry and t-shirts at bulk prices.
Make sure to keep hydrated and maybe wear a hat.
As for tasty local treats, there are bags of tropical dried fruits, macadamias and what I consider the best treat, fresh-cut sugarcane!
Plan ahead though because the swap meet is only open on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
I went on a Wednesday which was less crowded.

What to buy Want a little somnething for those people that found out you were headed to Hawaii and begged for a souvenir?
You can do it at the Swap Meet.
I bought shell necklaces and matching bracelets at 3 for $5.
My best buys though were at the Jade stalls where I bargained for a discount based on the number of pieces I was 'thinking' of buying.
I walked away with 2 rings, 3 pendants on woven silk cords and a bangle for under $60.

cmaria's Profile Photo
cmaria
Jan 07, 2007

Aloha Stadium Flea Market: Best place to buy gifts for family and friends!

On Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, the Aloha Stadium flea market is the place to be. Both locals and tourists shop there for whatever they may need. Most of the product is new, with a few stalls selling used or antique items. A lot of things are imported from Asia, but some items are made locally. Admission is 50 cents per person.

What to buy Things to look for are souvenir tshirts, sarongs, snack foods, Hawaiian artwork, and jewelry, to name a few. The prices are lower than you'd find in retail stores. Some vendors allow you to bargain for multiple item purchases.

What to pay About 20 - 50% less than retail stores

kalanialoha's Profile Photo
kalanialoha
Oct 07, 2006

Aloha Stadium Swap Meet: Aloha Stadium Swap Meet

Aloha stadium swap meet is a local favorite as well as a favorite for visitors to the islands. A perfect place to find cheap quality gifts for people back home.

There are hundreds of vendors selling basicly anything u could need. If u know how to bargian, feel free to try to get a better deal.

Hours of Operation:
Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays from 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Swap Meet will close at 1:00 p.m. when UH football games are scheduled.

For more info, visit the aloha stadium swap meet link ALOHA STADIUM SWAP MEET INFO.

*Please feel free to rate this tip, or any of my other tips. I am always looking to improve them. Thank u...

What to pay parking is 50 cents for every passenger.

bryINpoland's Profile Photo
bryINpoland
Sep 02, 2005
Yaqui's Profile Photo
"O'ahu ~ “The Heart of Hawai‘i”"
cjg1's Profile Photo
"Captivating Oahu"
AKtravelers's Profile Photo
"Oahu: Home Sweet Home in Paradise"
Nathalie_B's Profile Photo
"Heaven on Earth"
bryINpoland's Profile Photo
"Oahu"

Swap meet / flea market at Aloha Stadium: even more souvenirs and crafts

This is a good market to get all your souvenirs and crafts aswell as clothes and bags. The prices are a bit cheaper. try to go when you visit Pearl Harbour as it is ashort walk from there.
The market is open on Wednesday, saturday and sunday till about 3 o'clock.

BS8's Profile Photo
BS8
Jun 10, 2005

aloha stadium: SWAP MEET

If you want to save of souvenirs and stuff... DEFINITELY GO TO ALOHA STADIUM! They have everything and way less expensive than the ABC Stores and shops.

What to buy ANYTHING! EVERYTHING

What to pay little!!! price to park is 50 CENTS!!! It's open Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. 6am-1pm

ejvigil's Profile Photo
ejvigil
Dec 15, 2004

Things To Do Near Aloha Stadium Flee Market

Things to do
I am sooo afraid of heights! But I was determined to parasail. And it was such a great experience! It was a windy day when we went, so they sent two people at a time. Once you get to the top it is so...
Things to do
Hawaii State Capitol is home to the government of the state of Hawaii. The building, constructed from 1954 to 1969, replaced the Iolani Palace, which was formerly the home of the Hawaiian royalty. The...
Things to do
The Pearl Harbor and Honolulu tour that we took drove us past the Iolani Palace and they told us about it, but we did not have a chance to go in. It was the royal residence of the rulers of the...
Things to do
THIS IS A PLACE THAT IS REAL EASY TO MISS BECAUSE I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT IT EXISTS...I GUESS I COULD HAVE PUT IT ON THE" OFF THE BEATEN PATH".... The Hawaii State Art Museum in...
Things to do
It was the last leg to visit in HI - the King Kamekameha Statue. i told my cousin who is touring me around Hawaii that it is a must that i will visit King Kamekameha Statue because i am an avid fan of...
Things to do
THERE ARE ALWAYS GREAT DISPLAYS AND EXHIBITS AT THIS PLACE. ..ALSO I HAVE BEEN TO VERY NICE CONCERTS THAT THEY HAVE HAD IN A SMALL AND COMFORTABLE THEATRE THEY HAVE ON THE BACK SIDE OF THE GROUNDS....

Getting to Aloha Stadium Flee Market

Address

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Shopping. Help us improve our info!

Map