map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

North Shore Surfing Tour
"Beyond the sands and waves of Waikiki the thrill of the surf is only the beginning. Our island tours offer true adventurers a chance to experience much more than the ocean. Hike historic valleys kayak to remote islet shores and savor the tastes of the islands. If you’re looking for fun that many visitors don’t get to experience request your reservation today. Oahu’s north shore is well known for legendary surf breaks like Waimea Sunset and the Banzai Pipeline. People travel the world over for a glimpse of these breaks and we’ll get you there – up close and personal. This countryside tour offers a nostalgic version of Hawaii that any visitor should experience.2 Person Minimum Tour Size All tours are private and exclusive to your group Tour
From $350.00

2-Hour Small Group Stand-Up-Paddleboarding - SUP - Experience
"An Experience You’ll Always RememberLessons You’ll Never ForgetYour lesson start on the sand with ocean awareness and safety. Then we get you right into the water for a true ocean adventure. No worries our licensed instructors are trained in first aid and lifeguard CPR. Once in the water we show you all the fundamentals of SUP. And if you're an experienced rider then our experienced instructors will help you perfect your SUP wave riding skills. Semi-Private Surfing LessonWhen you and your friends want to go big group stand-up paddle boarding lessons are the only way to go2 Person Minimum Class Size You must book at least 2 Paddlers for this lesson. We do not group together people from different parties so each lesson is private and int"""When you and your friends want to go big
From $100.00

East Side of Oahu Surfing Tour
"Find What Lies Beyond WaikikiBeyond the sands and waves of Waikiki the thrill of the surf is only the beginning. Our island tours offer true adventurers a chance to experience much more than the ocean. Hike historic valleys kayak to remote islet shores and savor the tastes of the islands. If you’re looking for fun that many visitors don’t get to experience request your reservation today!East Side TourTraveling east of Waikiki offers a scenic drive to views of Diamond Head the Halona Blowhole and Oahu’s windward side. You’ll see our island green with native plants and a panoramic view of the Koolau mountain range — a beauty that has even captured the lens of Hollywood films and T.V. Come along and encounter a lush vision of Oahu that many vis
From $250.00

Dole Pineapple Tips (6)

Dole Plantation

Ok, I guess I should have read VTers’ tips better. What can I say; this place is a ROYAL waste of time, especially the idiotic train that takes you on a 20 minutes plantation tour. Can you imagine how many pineapples you’ll see in that time?!
There are some good things to say about the place, like the world’s largest maze. This place is kinda fun, children usually enjoy it the most and adults get hooked too running through the place looking for the 9 hidden stations in which they have to stamp a card given to them at the entrance. 4 stamps were enough for me, but some people spend there hours!
There’s a nice garden too, which I actually enjoyed, but all in all, I definitely could spend my precious time better than that.
Oh yeah, and please don’t fool yourself about the prices, you don’t really believe that the pineapples here are cheaper than in supermarkets, right?

Unique Suggestions You want a train? There’s an old Oahu railroad and museum at the Ewa Beach area, I didn’t make it there myself, but to me it sounds much more interesting as well as educating.

Nathalie_B's Profile Photo
Nathalie_B
Nov 02, 2007

Dole Pineapple is NOT Worth Losing Beach Time

One of the most beautiful sites in Oahu used to be looking over vast pineapple fields as they reach towards the mountains. As late as 2002, the top of the broad central plain was devoted almost entirely to cultivating the fruit long associated with Hawaii. Often, passing rainstorms would leave rainbows to accentuate the rows of spiny leaves in the dark red clay. However, don't think this means that the Dole pineapple plantation is worth your time.
The first time I went, I was tricked into visiting it by a friend who raved about the pineapple ice cream there. I love ice cream. I'll do almost anything for ice cream. But this wasn't good ice cream -- not nearly creamy enough!! And the rest of the plantation disappointed, too. There was more to buy than there was to see. You could take the Pineapple Express train for a short narrated tour that describes how to grow a pineapple and how important the Dole family was to Hawaii. Or you can take the garden tour where you get to plant your own pineapple (yeah! free labor for Dole!). But mostly, you can regret spending time here!
Interestingly, pineapples must be planted and harvested by hand, as no one has yet invented the right equipment. That's why the industry is dying in Hawaii -- cheaper labor costs in the Philippines and Thailand make it difficult for Hawaii's pineapples to compete. Del Monte closed its Hawaii operations in 2007. When Dole goes, this plantation will be even more of a tourist trap!

Unique Suggestions If you must go here, go here with a sunburn. I don't mean fry your skin just to go here, but that if you have overdone it on the beach and you need to find something to do that shields your red skin from the sun, this might be it, as the Wahiawa area is often cloud-covered and rainy. But then again, there are other alternatives on the island, too.

AKtravelers's Profile Photo
AKtravelers
Oct 27, 2007

Dole Pineapple Plantation

Unfortunately this was a part of the "circle island" tour that we booked. Even our driver admitted it was a tourist trap.

We went inside the big yellow "house" to the gift store and eatery places. It was teeming with tourists purchasing pineapples for shipment home, others finding their way through the world's largest maze (not the one out doors but the one just to get to the cashier.)

I signaled Kris to hightail it out and meet me. Upon doing so, the air cleared and the sun shone, we could breathe again. We happened to come to a small farmer's market.

Unique Suggestions So if your tour stops here, skip the Dole Plantation stuff and head right for the farmer's market. Although the girls can be a little snippy they still offer the BEST tasting fruit known to man. The mangoes were delectable.

keida84's Profile Photo
keida84
Jul 31, 2005

Pineapple Plantation - Nothing to shout about.

Leave this ti the last if you have to see it. There are a lot more interesting things to do in Oahu.

The only reason we when there was because we have a free round the island tour and this is one of the stop.

Robdaz's Profile Photo

2417 Prince Edward Street, Honolulu, Hawaii, 96815, United States
1277 Mokulua Drive, Kailua, Hawaii, United States
59-579 Ke Iki Rd, Haleiwa, Hawaii, 96712, United States
Hotels
47- 039 Lihikai Drive, (Formerly Schrader's Marine Resort), Kaneohe, Hawaii, 96744, United States
57-091 Kamehameha Highway, Kahuku, Hawaii, 96731, United States

Dole Pineapple Plantation & Maze - SKIP IT!

e-gads! what a waste of time... this was nothing more than an oversized gift shop.

I asked a local woman about the maze - she said it was such a waste of money that she would not feel right reccommending it. "Its hot in there, and its boring - the children are often disapointed!"

Unique Suggestions if you have to do it, then do it... but just remember - I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Fun Alternatives If you want a small-scale pineapple plantation experience, drop into the little one next door... it closes early, but there is a shop for gifts & a cute little coutyard.

You will feel like you are once again in Hawaii, rather than on Main Street in Disneyland!

tracynew72's Profile Photo
tracynew72
Dec 24, 2004

All about Pineapples it's NOT

Dole Plantation is merely a tourist shop. In the back is a small area with pineapple information and several good places to take pictures. There is a "large shrub maze" off to the right, which is another gimmick. The only "pineapple" thing about the maze is the aerial view in which the maze is shaped like a pineapple. Be prepared to pay high buck for anything in the store. The maze is $5 to enter.

Unique Suggestions Well, if you find yourself at the Dole plantation, be sure to visit the back of the store where the real pineapples are growing ... there are some pineapple facts out there too ... you'd be surprised how may fruit each plant yields in 2 1/2 years!

Fun Alternatives There is an interesting pineapple patch down the road. It growns a large variety of different pineapples from different places around the world.

TropicGirl77's Profile Photo
TropicGirl77
Feb 24, 2003
Yaqui's Profile Photo

Yaqui

"O'ahu ~ “The Heart of Hawai‘i”"
cjg1's Profile Photo

cjg1

"Captivating Oahu"
AKtravelers's Profile Photo

AKtravelers

"Oahu: Home Sweet Home in Paradise"
Nathalie_B's Profile Photo

Nathalie_B

"Heaven on Earth"
bryINpoland's Profile Photo

bryINpoland

"Oahu"

Things to Do Near Oahu

Diamond Head

Hiking Diamond Head is one of the great outdoor activities around Honolulu. The hike takes just a few hours and it offers nature, geography, history, an scenic views of the ocean and Honolulu. We...

Beaches

There is so much to and see in and around Waikiki but you can't forget or avoid the beaches. They are right there in your face no matter where you go in Waikiki. And they are beautiful. Nothing...

Lanikai Pillboxes Trail

Lanikai Pillboxes is an easy hike even for unadvanced hikers. It is located on the eastside of the island of Oahu and is one of the favorite spots for locals. There is a spectacular view from all of...

Pearl Harbour

I totally admit I am not a history buff and don't find it fun .. so this wasn't on my short list of things to do .. however my husband isn't crazy about beaches, snorkel and the ocean ... he really...

Pearl Harbor

Pearl Harbour and especially its WWII plight is so famous that once in Honolulu there is practically no chance of skipping it. The area where the unsalvageable sunken ships were laying was turned into...

Cultural Activities

This place is amazing. I grew up in NZ (now living in Melbourne, Australia) and there are alot of polynesians here...however visiting this place is another experience altogether...you get to learn the...

Getting to Oahu

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Tourist Traps. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Tourist Traps. Help us improve our info!

Map