map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Big Bus Chicago Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
"Board the open-top double-decker bus at any of the 14 stops to start your hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour of Chicago and listen to live commentary through provided earphones to find out fun facts about the city and its iconic architecture.

The full circuit takes about about 2 hours but you can hop off and back on as many times as you like within a 24- 48- or 72-hour period depending on option selected when booking. Buses run regularly giving you flexibility to discover the city at your leisure. The bus route takes you through Grant Park
From $40.00

Chicago Evening Express Segway Tour
"TOUR HIGHLIGHTSThe Field Museum - The Field Museum was founded to house the biological and anthropological collections assembled for the World's Columbian Exposition of 1893. The Field is the current home to Sue the famous T. Rex and the Lions of gardens and public sculptures. Chicago's ""front yard"" includes Buckingham Fountain as its central focal point.The Lakefront/Monroe Harbor - Cruise along the edge of Lake Michigan speckled with sailboats with Navy Pier as its impressive backdrop.Shedd Aquarium and Oeanarium - Opened to the public in December 1929 at the time it was the world's largest inland aquarium. One of the first animals to arrive is currently its oldest resident: Grandad an African Lungfish acquired in 1933.Soldier Field - Soldier Field is the current home to the Chicago Bears who moved in 1970 from their original home at Wrigley Field. Originally built in 1924 as a dedication to fallen war veterans Soldier Field underwent a $600 million renovation in 2003 and is now a staple of Chicago's magnificent skyline.Chicago's World Class Skyline - See the architectural wonders that comprise one of the most beautiful skylines in the world.  intimate experience. Discover what it's like to be a Windy City celebrity as everyone turns to watch you glide by!Note: All Segway riders must be at least 12 years of age to participate."
From $50.00

Chicago Segway Tour
"The tour begins with a 30 minute training session. You'll glide from the peninsula through Museum Campus to the Shedd Aquarium and the Field Museum. Then you'll cruise along Lakeshore Drive at the edge of Lake Michigan all the way to Millennium Park a the Lincoln statue Buckingham Fountain and of course ride the coolest machine in the world the entire time! As you cruise along Lake Michigan through Grant Park and the Museum Campus you will receive a great orientation informative historical and current-day information
From $65.00

Elephant and Castle Pub Tips (7)

Elephant and Castle Pub: Location & Quality = A Great Spot for a Brew :)

A nicely located pub that is better than the usual. It is part of a chain that originated in Vancouver, Canada and there is a second one in Chicago in a Radisson near upper Michigan Ave, but the location in the financial district guarantees an active and corporate clientele.

The decor takes you an English pub, but we ate rather ordinary lunches: Chicken Salad and Flatbread Bruschetta.

Favorite Dish The beer of course!

shrimp56's Profile Photo
shrimp56
Oct 11, 2011

Elephant and Castle: A North American British Type Pub

During our weekend in Chicago during the June, 2011 VirtualTourist meeting, Sue and I stopped in here for lunch as it was close to our next meeting point with the VT group. We had gone on an 11:00 a.m. Chicago River and Lake Michigan Boat Tour which finished around 12:30 p.m. We then let small groups go to their own spots for lunch before meeting up again at 2:30 p.m. at the Chicago Cultural Center for the start of our afternoon walking tour. The day was a little muggy and so Sue and I opted to sit inside by the window where we could watch the people eating outside while staying cool inside. It is also a pretty noisy place outside because of the car traffic and especially it is one of the turning points above the street level of the Chicago "El" Trains.

There are 3 E & C Restaurants in downtown Chicago and about 20 throughout parts of the United States and Canada.

Favorite Dish This was our first time here. The food was alright. I had a reuben sandwich which was above average and reasonably priced for downtown Chicago while Sue opted for the steak and blue cheese salad which was a bit pricey but tasty. We are not big beer drinkers (I have some periodically, but Sue rarely does) so I guess we didn't experience the true pub atmosphere. Instead we had ice teas which we refilled 2 times.

riorich55's Profile Photo
riorich55
Jun 21, 2011

Elephant & Castle: For coffee or beer in the morning!

I happened to walk by the Elephant & Castle on my way back to the Affinia one day and saw that they served breakfast from 6:30 to 11:00 am everyday so I decided to give it a shot. The breakfast menu was not very extensive but it had all your classic breakfast options, service was nice and quick, and the price was right. The funny thing was that even though I was there quite early, a few people were already drinking beer so I guess it's up to you whether you'd rather have your eggs with a hot coffee or a cold lager!

Jefie's Profile Photo
Jefie
Apr 04, 2011

Elephant and Castle: Bang On

British Pub and Restaurant Concept.

I’ve now been in the States two weeks; I’d been to 5 airports and 8 cities. I’d overdosed on steak and I was getting homesick. The answer, a couple of pints and Fish and Chips at an English pub. Authenticity 7 out of 10, quality 9 out of 10. Good try lads, it’s my last night and I’m flying back to London tomorrow on a full stomach.

Everyday: 11am to Midnight

email gmwabash@elephantcastle.com

Favorite Dish 2 Bud Lights, Cod and Chips, Brownie Bite $24.49 plus tax.

May 2009