Map &

From $29.00
Chicago Grand Half-Day Tour
From $48.00

Giordano's Tips (31)

Giordano's: How Pizza is supposed to be!!

True Chicago-style pizza. Loaded with ingredients, more cheese than you can imagine, a delictable crust, and the tomato sauce is mouth-watering. The ingredients are on the inside and the sauce is on top.

Favorite Dish Go with the stuffed (DEEP) dish, for sure! It takes a little while to cook but the wait is certainly worth it. Two pieces will more than fill you up.

heath1978's Profile Photo
Jan 25, 2007

Giordano's: Giordano's Why go to Chicago+not try deep dish?

The first Giordano's was opened on February 1974. They served a variation of their mother's deep-dish, double-crusted pizza, which she made on Easter and stuffed with ricotta cheese. Today, they serve both deep dish and thin crust pizza. You have your choice of toppings. The small plain serves 1-2 people and costs $8 for the thin and $12 for the deep dish. We got the small spinach deep dish which costs $15.

The one thing you must remember when eating here is that since the pizza is freshly prepared, it takes about 30 for your thin crust to be ready or 45 minute for your deep dish to be ready. You should order a light appetizer for your wait time. Salads are about $5 and the mozzarella sticks and stuffed mushrooms are $6. I was disappointed they didn't include some free bread sticks to chew on because of the long wait time. It is one of the suggestions I emailed to them.

If pizza is not your cup of tea there are salads, pastas and sandwiches to choose from. But why would you come to Chicago and not try a deep dish pizza. That is kind of like going to Philly and not trying a cheese steak.

When the pizza finally did come out, it looked huge. The small deep dish really does serve 1-2 people. It has a lot of cheese which I love but it had too much sauce that is sweet. I scraped that off and ate the rest. I finished my half of the pie, but my mother was struggling to finish the first slice of hers.

The service was good, our pizza arrived correctly. However, the table behind us ordered a spinach deep dish as well, but the waitress screwed up their order and gave them a plain. They knocked off a couple of dollars for them for the mistake. I don't think I would be too happy even with a discount after a 45 minute wait.

Overall the pizza was OK and the service was good. However, the original Pizzeria Uno which I had twice the last time I was in Chicago is my hands down favorite for deep dish pizza. I didn't eat there because I wanted to see what other deep dishes were out there.

lashr1999's Profile Photo
Nov 13, 2005

Giordano's: Stuffed Pizza ... It's the Stuff of Chicago!

Giordano's is synonymous with Chicago - lively environment, bustling crowds, great authentic Chicago style pizza. Once you get there with your party, you are most likely in for a 45 minute wait. Take advantage of the "Order Your Pizza Ahead" option. That way, your pizza will be baking while you wait. It will minimize the seated at table to eating pizza time significantly.

Favorite Dish I love the classic favorite - deep dish stuffed with cheese and spinach. I also recommend a house salad and a cup of their soup of the day. No matter what is has been, it has always been delicious and fresh!

Dundooni's Profile Photo
Apr 26, 2005

Giordano's: Deep Dish Pizza

I mentioned my favorite thin pizza in another restaurant tip.

Now for deep dish. Chicago is known for this. I haven't tried, or even attempted to try deep dish outside of Chicago.

I am going to be careful with this one b/c I am not a true native Chicagoan. I also have not tried all of the pizzerias that supposedly specialize in this delicacy. From what I have tried-and I have tried many-I rank Giordano's as my favorite.

Giordano's is actually a chain, so there are many locations in Chicago and the 'burbs. I also saw one in Orlando, FL.

Favorite Dish The secret to deep dish is that more toppings you order, the less cheese you get. There is a lot of cheese in a plain deep dish. So, if your cholesterol is as high as mine, load up on the veggies.

Nov 12, 2004
Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Giordano's

9333 South Cicero Avenue, Oak Lawn, Illinois, 60453-2517, United States
8220 South Cicero Ave, Burbank, Illinois, 60459, United States
12808 S. Ashland, Calumet Park, Chicago, Illinois, 60827, United States
5001 W 79th St, Burbank, Illinois, 60459, United States
6650 S Cicero Ave, Bedford Park, IL 60638

Giordano's: makes the best Chicago's famous deep dish pizza

Whenever I try to impress visitors to Chicago, I take them to Giordano's and order them a deep dish pizza. "Best pizza that i have ever had"is always the first thing that comes out of their mouth.

Favorite Dish Fresh ingredients, and delicious pizza crust

Jun 11, 2004

Giordanos Pizza: Chicago Pizza!

Giordanos is probably one of the best places to get Chicago style deep dish and stuffed pizza. There's simply nothing like it anywhere else! I've gotten "Chicago Style" pizza in other places, but it never tastes as good as right here in Chicago.

The Giordanos in Evanston (and perhaps other ones in the area) have half-price pizza on Monday nights. A Greate Deal!

Favorite Dish I like either pepporoni and mushroom or spinach stuffed pizza. Whatever's on it, it's gotta be *stuffed* (or at least deep dish). It is *so* much better than thin crust pizza!

klarson's Profile Photo
Jun 14, 2003

Giordano's Pizza: Giordano's Pizza

If you want Chicago-style pizza, this is the place to go. I personally think it's the best in the city.

Favorite Dish Stuffed pizza!

jozwitch's Profile Photo
Aug 26, 2002
Dabs's Profile Photo

"The place I call home"
deecat's Profile Photo

"Captivating City of "The Big Shoulders": Chicago"
yooperprof's Profile Photo

"Never A Lovely So Real"
shrimp56's Profile Photo

rmdw's Profile Photo

"Chicago - My Favorite City in the United States!"

Things To Do Near Giordano's

DuSable Museum of African American History

Its a small museum but it is packed with a lot of information. They had an Arts and Crafts Fair the day that I went and I enjoyed it more than the Taste of Chicago. The Doo Wop group was really...

Robie House

The Robie House, a fine example of Frank Lloyd Wright's Prairie Style architecture, is located in Hyde Park near the University of Chicago. It was built in 1909 for Frederick Robie and remained a...

Hyde park

The most impressive sculpture in the city. I’m only going to show this small detail; go see this masterpiece for yourself! Dozens of cloaked figures rise from the concrete, some in agony, some in...

Museum of Science and Industry

Last visit 12/24/15, check their website for free days for Illinois residents only. If you are visiting with children in a wide age range, this is where I would go, there's something for kids of all...

Monument to the Great Northern Migration

This moving fifteen foot tall statue stands at the northern entry into historic Bronzeville. Encouraged by reports from those who went before, as well as the influential Chicago Defender newspaper,...
Things to Do

I lived in China for 2 years, so I had high expectations. I went to Chef Bao for lunch (used to be Lao Hunan), which is food from the Hunan region (where I lived), the food was spot on authentic so...

Getting to Giordano's

We don't yet have an address for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

• Sunday 11:00 to 23:00