map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Chicago Grand Half-Day Tour
"Get an in-depth look at the beautiful Windy City on this 4-hour coach tour of Chicago! Take a scenic bus ride through the South Side and travel through the beautiful Grant Park. Visit the Adler Planetarium with its impressive sky dome and pass by the Art which boasts a world-renowned collection of impressionist art. Pass the Orchestra Hall home of the famous Chicago Symphony Orchestra and drive by President Obama's old neighborhood!On the North Side travel by the striking Richard J Daley plaza with its magnificent Pablo Picasso sculpture created specifically for Chicago. Cross the Chicago River and see the famous Wrigley Building and Wrigley Field. Spot one of the tallest buildings in the world the John Hancock Center and continue through Lincoln Park’s acres and acres of lush greenery and lagoons. See the Itinerary section below for a full list of sights seen on this exciting Chicago tour."
From $48.00

Chicago South Side Tour with Optional River Cruise
"Discover the best of Chicago on this tour of the city’s South Shore! Travel by comfortable air-conditioned coach through the beautiful Jackson Park where the Columbian Exposition of 1893 was held. Pass through the University of Chicago with its elegant English-style architecture and drive by the Museum of Science and Industry a tribute to man's ingenuity and inventiveness. Witness one of the world's highest apartment buildings Lake Point Towers -- an architecturally stunning building of glass and curves. See Navy Pier Chicago's inland port
From $29.00

Chicago Grand Half-Day Tour
From $48.00

Giordano's Tips (31)

Giordano's: How Pizza is supposed to be!!

True Chicago-style pizza. Loaded with ingredients, more cheese than you can imagine, a delictable crust, and the tomato sauce is mouth-watering. The ingredients are on the inside and the sauce is on top.

Favorite Dish Go with the stuffed (DEEP) dish, for sure! It takes a little while to cook but the wait is certainly worth it. Two pieces will more than fill you up.

heath1978's Profile Photo
heath1978
Jan 25, 2007

Giordano's: Giordano's Why go to Chicago+not try deep dish?

The first Giordano's was opened on February 1974. They served a variation of their mother's deep-dish, double-crusted pizza, which she made on Easter and stuffed with ricotta cheese. Today, they serve both deep dish and thin crust pizza. You have your choice of toppings. The small plain serves 1-2 people and costs $8 for the thin and $12 for the deep dish. We got the small spinach deep dish which costs $15.

The one thing you must remember when eating here is that since the pizza is freshly prepared, it takes about 30 for your thin crust to be ready or 45 minute for your deep dish to be ready. You should order a light appetizer for your wait time. Salads are about $5 and the mozzarella sticks and stuffed mushrooms are $6. I was disappointed they didn't include some free bread sticks to chew on because of the long wait time. It is one of the suggestions I emailed to them.

If pizza is not your cup of tea there are salads, pastas and sandwiches to choose from. But why would you come to Chicago and not try a deep dish pizza. That is kind of like going to Philly and not trying a cheese steak.

When the pizza finally did come out, it looked huge. The small deep dish really does serve 1-2 people. It has a lot of cheese which I love but it had too much sauce that is sweet. I scraped that off and ate the rest. I finished my half of the pie, but my mother was struggling to finish the first slice of hers.

The service was good, our pizza arrived correctly. However, the table behind us ordered a spinach deep dish as well, but the waitress screwed up their order and gave them a plain. They knocked off a couple of dollars for them for the mistake. I don't think I would be too happy even with a discount after a 45 minute wait.

Overall the pizza was OK and the service was good. However, the original Pizzeria Uno which I had twice the last time I was in Chicago is my hands down favorite for deep dish pizza. I didn't eat there because I wanted to see what other deep dishes were out there.

lashr1999's Profile Photo
lashr1999
Nov 13, 2005

Giordano's: Stuffed Pizza ... It's the Stuff of Chicago!

Giordano's is synonymous with Chicago - lively environment, bustling crowds, great authentic Chicago style pizza. Once you get there with your party, you are most likely in for a 45 minute wait. Take advantage of the "Order Your Pizza Ahead" option. That way, your pizza will be baking while you wait. It will minimize the seated at table to eating pizza time significantly.

Favorite Dish I love the classic favorite - deep dish stuffed with cheese and spinach. I also recommend a house salad and a cup of their soup of the day. No matter what is has been, it has always been delicious and fresh!

Dundooni's Profile Photo
Dundooni
Apr 26, 2005

Giordano's: makes the best Chicago's famous deep dish pizza

Whenever I try to impress visitors to Chicago, I take them to Giordano's and order them a deep dish pizza. "Best pizza that i have ever had"is always the first thing that comes out of their mouth.

Favorite Dish Fresh ingredients, and delicious pizza crust

12808 S. Ashland, Calumet Park, Chicago, Illinois, 60827, United States
6650 S Cicero Ave, Bedford Park, IL 60638
6624 S Cicero Avenue, Chicago, Illinois, 60638, United States

Giordano's: Deep Dish Pizza

I mentioned my favorite thin pizza in another restaurant tip.

Now for deep dish. Chicago is known for this. I haven't tried, or even attempted to try deep dish outside of Chicago.

I am going to be careful with this one b/c I am not a true native Chicagoan. I also have not tried all of the pizzerias that supposedly specialize in this delicacy. From what I have tried-and I have tried many-I rank Giordano's as my favorite.

Giordano's is actually a chain, so there are many locations in Chicago and the 'burbs. I also saw one in Orlando, FL.

Favorite Dish The secret to deep dish is that more toppings you order, the less cheese you get. There is a lot of cheese in a plain deep dish. So, if your cholesterol is as high as mine, load up on the veggies.

cameik1
Nov 12, 2004

Giordano's: Great Lunch Special Deals

Stopped by for lunch on a recommendation after spending the morning walking around the city solo. Giordano's is one of those "famous" pizza spots in Chicago so I thought I needed to give them a try. It was easy to get a table for one at noon on a Friday. My waitress was super friendly and welcoming too, eager to answer questions and make suggestions. I opted for the lunch special which included a personal pizza, soup or salad and a drink.

The food came out FAST! My pizza, soup and freshly brewed iced tea (score) arrived at my table in less than 10 minutes, making the lunch specials perfect if you are touring and want a quick meal. The soup was good and the pizza was hot and fresh. You probably won't like this restaurant if you don't like cheese, because my pizza was probably 90% cheese, 8% bread and 2% sauce. The crust had a pleasant cornmeal flavor and a nice crunch to it. The tomato sauce was plain and just okay. The cheese was overwhelming.

I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here if I find myself in Chicago again, but my experience was very pleasant. Best of all, the lunch specials are CHEAP! My total check was $10.50. I tipped my waitress $3 so I got a sit down, quick and tasty meal for less than $15. That is unheard of in most cities in America.

moviegal226's Profile Photo
moviegal226
Jun 17, 2015

Giordano's Pizza: Giordano's Pizza

If you want Chicago-style pizza, this is the place to go. I personally think it's the best in the city.

Favorite Dish Stuffed pizza!

jozwitch's Profile Photo
jozwitch
Aug 26, 2002
Dabs's Profile Photo

Dabs

"The place I call home"
deecat's Profile Photo

deecat

"Captivating City of "The Big Shoulders": Chicago"
yooperprof's Profile Photo

yooperprof

"Never A Lovely So Real"
shrimp56's Profile Photo

shrimp56

"Chicago!"
rmdw's Profile Photo

rmdw

"Chicago - My Favorite City in the United States!"

Things to Do Near Giordano's

DuSable Museum of African American History

Its a small museum but it is packed with a lot of information. They had an Arts and Crafts Fair the day that I went and I enjoyed it more than the Taste of Chicago. The Doo Wop group was really...

Robie House

The Robie House, a fine example of Frank Lloyd Wright's Prairie Style architecture, is located in Hyde Park near the University of Chicago. It was built in 1909 for Frederick Robie and remained a...

Hyde park

The most impressive sculpture in the city. I’m only going to show this small detail; go see this masterpiece for yourself! Dozens of cloaked figures rise from the concrete, some in agony, some in...

Museum of Science and Industry

Last visit 12/24/15, check their website for free days for Illinois residents only. If you are visiting with children in a wide age range, this is where I would go, there's something for kids of all...

Monument to the Great Northern Migration

This moving fifteen foot tall statue stands at the northern entry into historic Bronzeville. Encouraged by reports from those who went before, as well as the influential Chicago Defender newspaper,...

Chinatown

I lived in China for 2 years, so I had high expectations. I went to Chef Bao for lunch (used to be Lao Hunan), which is food from the Hunan region (where I lived), the food was spot on authentic so...

Getting to Giordano's

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!

Hours