map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Private Guided SUV Tour for up to 4 Guests
"Your expert local guide and professional chauffeur arrive at your hotel in a luxury SUV with comfortable seating for 1-4 guests plus the guide and driver. Bring your camera!Your guide will give an overview of the options for your 3-hour tour. Let Marina City Willis (Sears) Tower Merchandise Mart Harold Washington Library Board of Trade the Rookery
From $650.00

Private Guided SUV Tour for up to 4 Guests
From $650.00

Private Tour: Chicago Highlights
"Join this private 3-hour city tour in Portuguese English or Spanish. Visit the main tourist areas in Chicago. See places such as the Magnificent Mile River North South Loop Streeterville Gold Coast
From $99.00

Other Crimes Tips (4)

SIX DOLLARS For Bottled Water???

Be forwarned - if you stay at a Chicago-area Marriott, they charge $6 (that's right - SIX DOLLARS!) for a large bottle of water. DO NOT drink the bottles they leave in the room - the charge will automatically be added to your bill at checkout.

Now, I travel enough to understand hotel's charge more for standard items, and I don't mind paying a little more for the convenience of having something already in my room. But paying $6 for a bottle of water which would only be $1.50 in the store and $3-4 at a fair/concert/festival, well, that's just highway robbery IMHO!

TravellerMel's Profile Photo
TravellerMel
Oct 25, 2010

The NUT!

After purchasing the bag of peanuts at the Cubs game I dug in. Middle bag I came accross this NUT! The triple mutant peanut. After passing it between the friends I opted to eat it. We deemed it safe! It was fiesty, but quite filling.

cwhit21's Profile Photo
cwhit21
May 09, 2007

Robbery, Violent Crime is Common

I was robbed within 45 minutes of arriving in Chicago. We were outside the popular pizza place, Gino's East, in the middle of downtown with people all around. I had a gun, but chose not to use it because I didn't want my fiance to be scarred worse than she already is. I also figured the cops would do anything to destroy the out of towner who had to do their job for them. My advice is, unless you carry a .44 mag or larger, do not be stupid enough to visit this town unless you have a death wish. My visit to Chicago was by far the worst day of my life. Don't be fooled by all of the ignorant and wishful comments about Chicago being safe and clean because it's the farthest thing from it that I have seen in my life. I have been to New York City several times, LA, lived in Phoenix, Houston, Dallas, DC, etc, and this place tops them all on the "Never take me there again" list. Cops were nonexistant while we were there.

Robotaz
Feb 03, 2008

EXPEDIA US - total rubbish

Be careful when you book with expedia - if your flight is cancelled then you lose your booking fee - refunds can take 90 days - they wont call you back - constantly hassle with flight changes and incompitent service --- they give the wrong information - you might as well book direct with airline as you end up having to call them anyway to get things sorted

SAM-E