Map &

French Quarter Walking Tour with Burlesque Guide and Optional Drink
From $25.00

Cat's Meow Tips (14)

Cat's Meow: The best karaoke bar in the world

If you are looking for a place to sing, drink and have fun, then this is the place for you. It takes a lot of guts to get up on stage and sing karaoke in front of a you may not see these people on American Idol or anything like that, but many of them are very good. You also can't beat the 3 for 1 Happy Hour deals that Cat's Meow offers everyday (domestic long neck bottles of beer or 32 oz. cocktails with 3 full shots).

Dress Code Very casual

spartan's Profile Photo
Feb 07, 2004

Cat's Meow: Loud, Tacky... and FUN!!

OK, in the interest of full disclosure, the Cat's Meow is.... a karaoke bar. Truly - in the heart of the French Quarter is an honest-to-goodness karaoke bar. No cover - it's usually crowded, and the folks who choose to sing run the gamut from Next American Idol to OMG Is That a Dying Moose. But check it out, at least once, because it is also a lot of fun. I've even been on the stage (although my performance of "I Feel Lucky" fell into the last category). Just outside, on the street, is the Bourbo-Cam - hang out in front of it for approx 6 minutes and you can go home to see yourself on the internet!

GREAT balcony for hanging out at Mardi Gras, and it is in the heart of the Quarter, so an awesome place for people-watching year round!

Dress Code Pretty much anything goes, although I'm pretty sure shoes and shirts are required (at Mardi Gras, the shirt can be painted on, but seeing as how it's in the Quarter, TRUST ME you want to be wearing shoes...)

TravellerMel's Profile Photo
Apr 04, 2011

Cat's Meow: Karaoke and Club!

Im not a bar or nightclub person, but I promised my sis one night! Threw back some hurricanes and had a blast at this crazy bar. Great vibes, crazy people, good singing and songs. We sang all night long.

Dress Code whatever you would like will be just fine!

meaganelizabeth's Profile Photo

Cat's Meow: Karaoke on Bourbon

What makes Cat's Meow stand out from it's counterparts on Bourbon Street is its karaoke opportunity -- the chance to get up on stage with the comical hosts to share your not-so-inspiring vocal technique. In between every other customer, the "pros" step in to show you how it's done. There is an outdoor patio and balcony area should you choose to cleanse your hearing palate.

Cat's Meow also offers drink specials and affordable options.

maestrousmc's Profile Photo
Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near New Orleans

330 Loyola Avenue, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70112, United States
210 O'Keefe Avenue, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70112, United States
931 Canal Street, 70112
334 O'Keefe Avenue, (formerly Sleep Inn), New Orleans, Louisiana, 70112, United States
201 Baronne Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70112, United States
1500 Canal Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70112, United States

Cat's Meow: Karaoke Night

This is a fun place to go with your friends and watch "other" people get up on the stage and sing. The "3 for 1 Happy Hour" special (32 oz. cocktail with 3 full shots) happens everyday.

Dress Code Come as you are and get ready to have fun.

BLewJay's Profile Photo
Feb 17, 2004

Cats Meow!!!: If you are looking for a place...

If you are looking for a place to act stupid, the Cat's Meow is your place. The 3 for 1 drink special which starts around 2 in the afternoon should call you out from your hotel rooms early. Then as the day flows into night, you are sure to be 'flowing' also. Try not to pass out, or go home and do it so you can be back around 11- midnight, because that is when the place is rocking! A word of caution, though it does get PACKED! If you are claustrophobic, you might want to find another bar.

Dress Code ANYTHING you want. Do not be afraid of wearing shorts or anything else for that matter. You will not stand out even if you are wearing a purple polka-dotted penguin suit (in fact I think it is encouraged!).

Jmill42's Profile Photo
Nov 15, 2002

Cat's Meow: Lose your voice, after you lose your inhibitions

Yet another nightclub full of personality - yet this one really stands out. You'll see people karoake their lungs out, get to do it yourself, everyone sings along, everyone's dancing. If you're really lucky, the next morning? You'll have laryngitis and you can brag about how much you sang your brains out!

The bar itself had a great dance floor; stage; and the balconies up top were quite a sight. Everyone knows Cat's.

Dress Code Seems to me, the dress code for most places on Bourbon Street is "better if you wear less". Less is more!

Show off, be colorful, wear what you want, and don't be shy. Especially at Cat's.

Darkeyedgirl's Profile Photo

Cat's Meow: Drinking at the Cat's Meow

We hit the cat's meow on Bourbon Street which was an awesome karaoke bar...not that i can remember - the drink is lethal - just the way i like it! I think i crawled in at about 5am and had a wee bit of a hangover the next day.
I did sing a bit of good old Tom Jones to get the Welsh spirit in the house!

Dress Code whatever takes your fancy!!

Taffster's Profile Photo

Top 5 New Orleans Writers

grandmaR's Profile Photo

"Two Visits - 54 Years Apart"
doug48's Profile Photo

"new orleans louisiana"
jadedmuse's Profile Photo

"The Naughty Madame"
VeronicaG's Profile Photo

"New Orleans-An Intriguing Visit to the Past"
ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

"Crescent City Comes Calling"

Cat's Meow: Karaoke makes you feel like a rock star

People in this place go crazy with a good (or bad to be quite honest) act on stage. The mood is so right (and the drinks so strong) i think they've convinced themselves it's a real concert, and once you're up there, you'll think you're a rock star.

Before hand, I recomend taking a few shots, tequilla is what led us to the stage. Then, find a song and ask the woman/man by the stage. We wanted to do "Sweet Home Alabama" but they said someone was about to do it next. Well we found out it was the soon to be poor sap you see in the left background, and we made him agree to us as his entourage. Well, as it turned out we were more the main act and him the back up. Bring a beer on stage to sip on if you forget the words.

cjuliette's Profile Photo
Apr 04, 2011

Cat's Meow: At first I was afraid....I was petrified...

I LOVED it here! I was very hesitant to go in at first b/c I was afraid they would make me sing (its a kareoke bar) and I thought that was something I would never do.
Hmph! Was I wrong :) After quite a few drinks, we decided we would get up and do a number on the stage. You have to get on a list and choose a song from a little book that they have and then wait your turn. When they called us, we ran up on stage; suddenly very excited to do something I swore I would never do. We had chosen "I Will Survive" and if I may say so myself, we did an excellet job! It was so much fun - everyone was all dancing and singing with us. Even the most terrible of entertainers didnt get booed or beraded at all. Everyone was just having a great time regardless of anyone's singing ability.
This is a MUST DO when in New Orleans!

Dress Code No dress code - jeans and Tshirts are just fine.

mirrajay's Profile Photo
Jun 09, 2004

Cat's Meow: Beads and boobies at the cat's meow.

Everytime I go to New Orleans, this is the place I find the most people crowded around due to some ladies on the balcony of Cat's Meow showing some boobies. Never been inside...hehhe. Just stand outside and start going nutso.

Dress Code WOO!

Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

Cats Meow: Karaoke Bar on Bourbon Street

Popular rock and a sprinkling of country blast over the speakers, either from the emcee-led karaoke scene or a deejay. A modest dance floor gives the motivated a place to shake their things. The karaoke is free and open to everyone.

TRimer's Profile Photo
Jan 12, 2003

Things To Do Near New Orleans

Our Lady of Guadalupe

This small chapel was built in 1826, which makes it the oldest chuch still standing in the city. It was built close to St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, just outside of the French Quarter, at the peak of the...

Wax Museum

Visited the Musee Conti Wax Museum which contains wax sculptures that chronicle the history of New Orleans. The attached picture is of Madame LaLaurie torturing her slaves in the attic of the...

French Quarter Walking Tour

On our last visit to New Orleans, we got ourselves out of bed early and headed down to the National Park Service Visitors Center for their free tour of the French Quarter. The walk departs from 419...
Things to Do

We saw the Superdome on the way in from the airport, and of course when we took the New Orleans tour, they mentioned it again. On their website, I thought that it looked like a giant hamburger all lit...

1850 House - Louisiana State Museum

While you're walking around Jackson Square you'll see the 1850 House which is apart of the Louisiana State Museums. "The Upper and Lower Pontalba Buildings, which line the St. Ann and St. Peter...

Pharmacy Museum

Before 1804, the field of pharmacy was unregulated. The only requirement was a six-month apprenticeship, after which time the person could make and sell medicines unhampered by any laws or agencies....

Getting to New Orleans

701 Bourbon St.

We don't yet have hours for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!