map
chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

French Quarter History Tour
"Make your own way to Musical Legends Park to meet your guide for your walking tour. After introductions stroll a short distance to the banks of the Mississippi River where you learn how levee construction transformed the swamp into fertile farmland making New Orleans an important hub in the region.Continue by walking through the French Market the oldest open-air market in the US. Then stand outside the Mississippi River valley’s oldest building the Ursuline Convent whose history provides a window onto early colonization efforts in Louisiana. Head to Jackson Square the heart of the French Quarter
From $20.00

French Quarter Walking Tour
"Ready for some beaucoup fun? This two hour walking tour gives guests an intimate insider’s glimpse into one of the most famed neighborhoods in the country the Vieux Carré. Better known as the French Quarter this cultural hub has long been a popular tourist destination on account of its lavish atmosphere and 19th-century style. On this tour your guide will give you a unique perspective on the area’s history while introducing you to both popular stops and hidden gems that only a local would know about. Delve into the secrets of the intoxicating and magical aura of this famed hub of d and get to know this city like you’ve lived there your whole life!This tour stops at many attractions and National Historic Landmarks that this city has offer! Guests will visit many locations during this hour long tour! The St Louis Cathedral Cabildo Presbytere
From $20.00

Crescent City History Tour
"Learn the real history & legends of the Creole people that made up this unique neighborhood! Visit the Ursuline Convent one of the oldest buildings in the Mississippi Valley. You’ll also visit New Orleans Pharmacy Museum that was constructed in 1823 for the first licensed pharmacist in the United States. The newly renovated courtyard contains an herb garden that illustrat leech jars “blood-letting” devices “gris-gris” potions used by Voodoo practitioners & rare patent medicines are just a few of the displays. Hear the history of the pharmacy museum that you would not learn anywhere else!Next stop by The Cabildo - one of the most historically significant buildings in America.Throughout the building there's more than 1000 artifacts and original works of art
From $28.00

Cafe Beignet Tips (6)

Cafe Beignet: Bourban Street Tourist Trap Restaurant

I just wandered into the Café Beignet by happen chance. I was just looking for a place to eat that was not too expensive. Well I got what I paid for because the food here was not good. Nor was the jazz band that played lame old jazz and blues songs. The Café Beignet I visited was very busy, largely because of the two conventions in town and its location on Bourbon Street. I found it quite unremarkable. The only interesting aspect of the evening I spent here was the little frog that was found sitting on top of an unopened bottle of wine.

Paul2001's Profile Photo
Paul2001
Dec 31, 2014

Cafe Beignet: Great place for afternoon jazz

Named after a French pastry/doughnut cross and covered with icing sugar. This open air cafe serves breakfast lunch and dinner. During the afternoon there is a 3 piece band that plays. The band is called Steamboat Willie Jazz Band. This was our intro to New Orleans since we just arrived and wanted to hear some music.

It was so relaxing having a drink in the sun listening to some tunes.

The waitress didn't know how to make a margarita though......

A great place to spend the afternoon.

Favorite Dish We only had drinks. (which are always good)

Hermanater's Profile Photo
Hermanater
Nov 18, 2011

Cafe Beignet - Two French Quarter Locations

When I visited New Orleans in late 2011, I arrived early, took a cab to the French Quarter and was in need of a good breakfast. Around 9am, I took a stroll down Royal Street and found Cafe Beignet, a small but popular breakfast spot with a comfortable and casual outside dining area. Inside the cafe almost looks like an old subway station, with brick walls, and an arched brick ceiling. The abundant windows, do provide a light, airy feel to the restaurant, however.

I made my way to the cashier's area and ordered a coffee and a crawfish omelet then found a seat at one of the small tables inside. The food arrived within less than 10 minutes, despite the large breakfast crowd. The omelet was a bit expensive at $10, but it was packed with spicy and delicious crawfish, bell pepper, tomatoes & Swiss cheese. It was also served with great French bread and bland grits (Aren't all grits bland?).

After a quick meal I made my way down the street to St. Louis Cemetery #1, coffee in hand.

Cafe Beignet has two locations, the original on Royal Street, and a second location just a block or two away on Bourbon Street at Musical Legends Park.

Ewingjr98's Profile Photo
Ewingjr98
Sep 27, 2011

Café Beignet: breakfast

We had our breakfast here on morning. You’ll see the statues that dominate the entrance as you walk along Bourbon street. There a lot tables at the outdoor patio where you can relax under the blue sky and sometimes you may have a band playing live music next to you. The misting fans helped (a bit) with the high heat.

Although the coffee was great (we also tried it at other locations of Café Beignet) the food was mediocre and a bit pricy.

The location is a very good though especially if your hotel is near Bourbon street (we were staying 2’ away from Café Beignet). It’s a self service place, you go, order, pay and then you find a seat and a guy will come out with your food some minutes later.

They serve different omelettes(mushroom, ham & cheese, veggie or western) for $8, Belgian waffle, French toast or southern breakfast (all of them $8), Of course you can find the usual local New Orleans specialities like red beans & rice, jambalaya or gumbo($8), roast beef po-boy($9) and muffaletta($10)

Behind the statues is a small fountain that you drop a coin, it’s not for good luck but according to a sign there the donations will go to continuing the Musical and Arts Legacy of New Orleans through the curriculum at McDonogh 15 Elementary School.

mindcrime's Profile Photo

612 Rue St. Philip St., New Orleans, Louisiana, 70116, United States
1024 Rue Chartres, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70116, United States
905 Royal St, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70116, United States
915 Royal St., New Orleans, Louisiana, 70116, United States

Cafe Beignet: Great Breakfast!

The Breakfast items were good but very expensive. The staff however was horrible! Besides being rude and unattentive they all looked like they hadn't taken a bath anytime recently! Many of the lunch items left much to be desired

Favorite Dish Breakfast sandwich on croissant

smurfy922
Aug 18, 2010

Cafe Beignet: Go Hungry, Leave Hungry

(Note: This is the Cafe Beignet at 311 Bourbon Street.)

My first morning in NOLA, I was walking through the French Quarter and stumbled upon this place. It looked nice, with its statues and quaint courtyard. I decided to have breakfast here. Mistake.

I walked up to the counter and asked if they were serving breakfast. The young man behind the counter was extremely polite (probably the owner) and pointed out the menu to me. I chose the Western Omelette and 2 large OJs, $14.67 total.

I sat at one of the outdoor tables and waited only a few minutes for my food to be brought out to me. One of the helpers sat a plastic basket with my food on the table. I was shocked. I wished I had taken a photo but I will try to describe the scene to you...

I have never seen an omelette this small before. It was about 3 1/2-4 inches square and about 1-1 1/2 inches high. It came with a small container of grits, the size that tar tar sauce or extra mayo would come in at a restaurant, about 3 oz. size. It also came with 2 of the smallest pieces of french bread I have ever seen. I didn't even know they baked bread that small, 2-3 bites each. This meal was more like a snack. At the time, I was very hungry and a little hung over so I didn't complain. I really needed to eat, even if it was just a snack.

One thing I should mention, the ingrediants were all very fresh and tasty in my omelette. No complaint there, just too little food for a grown man.

Favorite Dish The OJ was great, tasted fresh squeezed and probably was.

Jeff42's Profile Photo
Jeff42
Sep 24, 2007

Top 5 New Orleans Writers

grandmaR's Profile Photo

grandmaR

"Two Visits - 54 Years Apart"
doug48's Profile Photo

doug48

"new orleans louisiana"
jadedmuse's Profile Photo

jadedmuse

"The Naughty Madame"
VeronicaG's Profile Photo

VeronicaG

"New Orleans-An Intriguing Visit to the Past"
ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

ATXtraveler

"Crescent City Comes Calling"

Things to Do Near Cafe Beignet

Jazz National Historical Park

This small historic center in the French market area hosts display on New Orleans jazz pioneers and daily performances by musicians mentored by the park staff to learn the art of playing Dixieland...

French Market

We came across the market and it was a fun place to browse around and pick up any souvenir you wanted. Also good place to grab something to eat or drink.. We did all 3 there .. but mostly it was fun...

Washington Artillery Park

The Washington Artillery Battalion is one of the older militia units dating back to 1838 when it was formed from private funds. The battalion was formed to support the Washington Regiment which was...

Jackson Square

Any direction you look, you will get a picturesque view. The statue is worth taking a picture or two (or five) of. Say hello to the carriage pulling donkeys. Stop and admire the street performers....

St. Louis Cathedral

This was our second visit to New Orleans and we hung outside the church on Sunday morning till after service so we could get a quick look inside. We were only inside for about 10 minutes. There was a...

St. Louis Cemetery No. 1

The oldest cemetery in New Orleans, St. Louis Cemetery #1 was founded in 1789. It's listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Most of the burial sites are elaborate above ground vaults and...

Getting to Cafe Beignet