Remoulade, New Orleans

2 out of 5 stars 4 Reviews

309 Bourbon St, New Orleans, LA 70130 +1 504-523-0377

• Remoulade: Terrible Food

by kcooper11 Written Sep 8, 2009

I had the "Taste of the Bayou" and it was terrible. The gumbo flavor was good, but had nothing in it but some kind of meat, maybe chicken. No vegetables and no seafood at all. Gumbo is not gumbo without okra. The crawfish pie's crust was good, not sure what that was inside. The jambalaya had a few crawfish in it, but the were dry and hard. The rice wasn't even good. My husban had an oyster basket, the oysters were cold and hard. He couldn't even eat them. We complained to the waitress, she offered to get us something else, but we didn't want anymore of their food. We just paid and left.

• klj&a's Profile Photo

Remoulade: Remoulade

by klj&a Written Apr 17, 2009

It was okay. It's right on Bourbon St, so my gut tells me it's kind of a tourist trap. I had a sample called, Taste of the Bayou that included jambayala, crawfish pie and gumbo. I'm sure there is much better, but we were hungry it was right in front of us, so we tried it.

• gaolei's Profile Photo

Remoulade: Jumbolia, Crawfish Pie, Fillet Gumbo

by gaolei Written Dec 18, 2007

Yes the food mentioned in the song does exist and it is here in Remoulade. The have sampler dinners that allow you to try the thingk you read or heard about. Food is very good and there are fresh oysters available on the half shell.

Favorite Dish: The sampler from the song is a good choice.

Add to your Trip Planner
  • Remoulade: Don't waste your money!

by trustalocal Written May 7, 2007

What a rip off! This place is overpriced, the atmosphere sucks, and most of the time all the waitstaff looks like they hate to be there. Last time I ate there I saw two mice running across the dining room floor. Yes I know it's Bourbon Street. A shrimp poboy was about $10-$12.00, and did not come with anything. I would suggest going right across the street to Desire or walk a little and go to Coops Place on Decatur.

Instant Answers: New Orleans