Annapolis Restaurants

Our Seafood Extravaganza
    by MikeBird
    The bar in the restaurant
    The dining area

Most Recent Restaurants in Annapolis

• MikeBird's Profile Photo

Buddys Crabs and Ribs: Crabs: the 'must-eat' food from Maryland

by MikeBird Written Apr 25, 2016

Located near the waterfront at the end of the main street Buddys Crabs and Ribs seemed to me to be a cross between a classic american diner with bar and a more upscale restaurant. You have to go up the stairs over the corner shop so people with mobility issues may struggle unless they have a lift. There were lots of tables situated next to the windows so diners had good views out towards the bay.

There was an extensive menu but we were clear that we wanted to try the Crab. The woman who showed us to our table advised that as it was April the local crabs were out of season but the stock they were serving had been imported from the south of the US. We were not deterred. The classic 'steamed crab' was very expensive so we took the alternative option of going for the 'Seafood Extravanganza' which was a platter of mixed seafood for 2 people which of course featured two kinds of crab. We also ordered a salad and fries.

We were impressed with the service from our waiter who kept checking we were OK and offering us top-ups of water. He also explained to us which bits of the crab we should avoid and which bits were to be eaten.

The food was terrific and we both quickly got the hang of using the crab crackers. All usual table manners were abandoned and there was plenty of finger licking. You can see the plate as it was delivered to our table. There were the legs of a spider crab and two blue crabs, lots of large prawns, mussels and clams. Sprinkled over was the classic seasoning 'Old Bay' - the traditional flavouring, perhaps a bit too salty for my taste, but nevertheless a welcome addition to this Maryland speciality.

It was an excellent lunch and we both really enjoyed our time there. I felt the price was about right given that I expected seafood to be a little more expensive than the meat.

Favorite Dish: The Seafood Extravaganza was a classic but be prepared for getting stuck in with the crab crackers. If you're a bit squeamish then perhaps choose something else.

Address: 100 Main Street, Annapolis

Directions: At the harbour end of Main Street above a shop.

Phone: (410) 626-1100

Website: http://www.buddysonline.com/

Our Seafood Extravaganza The bar in the restaurant The dining area

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

Middleton Tavern: Seafood

by Jim_Eliason Updated Mar 27, 2016

Good local seafood in a historic tavern first built in 18th Century. Washington, Franklin and Jefferson are purported to have eaten here. The restaurant sits a block off the harbor and serves fresh seafood along with other fare..

Favorite Dish: Crabcakes

Middleton Tavern

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

Phillip's: Seafood with great view

by Jim_Eliason Updated Mar 3, 2016

Phillip's is an upscale Seafood restaurant overlooking the city docks. Its a mid- atlantic chain with about 7 locations. Its known for its crab and crab cakes along with other fresh seafood. Highly recommended.

Address: 12 Dock Street

Directions: Downtown by the docks

Phone: (410)990-9888

Website: http://www.phillipsseafood.com/

Phillip's

• photochan's Profile Photo

Mike's Crab House: Great local hangout away from the tourist

by photochan Written Jun 23, 2013

Favorite Dish: CRAB ! What else would you have in Maryland ? Not too spicy ( as it most tourist restaurant ), our server brought extra condiments to make it as spicy as you wish ! Raw bar was awesome and so is the steamed platter!

Address: 3030 Riva Rd, Riva, MD 21140

Directions: Just google it or use your GPS anout 10-15 minutes from Annapolis Harbor but a world of difference !

Phone: (410) 956-2784

Website: http://www.mikescrabhouse.com/‎

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Middleton Tavern: A Taste Of History!

by lmkluque Updated Jun 21, 2012

Located on the dock in a building that is more than 250 years old, Middleton Tavern offers more than just a delicious meal. Sidewalk dining is avaliable during summer months, but it was late fall when I arrived and we were seated near a blazing fire place and the 18th century atmosphere was not lost on my historical senses.

After the American Revolution, this tavern became a meeting place for those, such as George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin, who were responsible for laying the ground work for the Constitution of the U.S.A. Originally it was an inn for seafaring men but today it is a popular restaurant and the upper rooms serve as meeting rooms as well as being used for regular diners and seems a bit upgraded.

Even in the "off-season" there is a waiting list, so be prepared but don't miss the opportunity of experiencing a meal here.

Favorite Dish: Everything was good!

There are beef, chicken and pork dishes to choose from, but seafood is the main focus and the variety offered, such as, Oyster Shooters, Steamed Mussels cooked in a wine sauce, Crab Cakes and Lobster, is tempting.

The prices are not budget, but resonable and at Happy Hour, Monday through Friday from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm, they offer reduce drinks and a bar menu to enjoy.

Address: 2 Market Space

Phone: (410) 263-3323

Website: http://www.middletontavern.com

Open since 1750 and more popular than ever!

• ranger49's Profile Photo

The Market Tavern: An 18th Century Inn

by ranger49 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Just the look of the building which, dates from 1750, made me want to eat here and we were not disappointed either by the food , the service or the ambience.
    It was busy on both nights we ate there, inside first time, out on the verandah the second night. Lots of midshipman and their parent eating there.
    On both occasions I ordered fish and John had fish, then steak next day. The food was well cooked and presented with side salads and fries. We had no room for deserts. A most enjoyable experience and a far cry from fast food joint.

Address: 2 Market Space, Annapolis, MD 21401-1804,

Phone: +1 410-263-3323

Griffin's: National Historic District Building

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

I'm not sure whether I have ever eaten here or not. This restaurant is apparently right down on the waterfront, and after the boat show we did eat somewhere down here. But I have eaten at the West Street location of Griffin's, and I am assuming that there is some connection since they had this mural on their wall.

Favorite Dish: Website list of the entree menu which warns that prices on web site may not match prices in restaurant

Grilled Sesame Chicken Breasts

with sun dried tomato pesto cream sauce ...$18.95

Rib Eye Steak
    12 oz. steak topped with sautéed mushrooms...$19.95

Chicken Fettuccini & Mushrooms
    wild forest mushrooms in a pesto basil cream sauce with grated parmesan...$17.95

Black & Blue New York Strip Steak
    topped with cajun spices and crumbled bleu cheese...$26.95

Griffin's Seafood Pasta
    fruits of the sea with mussels & clams in an herb tomato broth over penne pasta...$19.95

Fettuccini Pasta Primavera Alfredo
    julienne vegetables, broccoli, sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms in a light Alfredo sauce...$17.95

Broiled Sea Scallops
    broiled in herb butter and white wine...$19.95

Nona's Penne Pasta
    with artichokes, julienne vegetables, garlic, sliced portabella mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes sauteed in a basil olive oil...$14.95

Jamaica 'Jerk' Salmon
    served with sesame island glaze...$20.95

Maryland Style Broiled Crab Cake Dinner
    24.95

Shrimp Scampi
    garlic sautéed shrimp over spaghetti with julienne vegetables and sundried tomatoes...$19.95

Address: 22 Market Space, Annapolis

Directions: Located on Main St. in the Historical District of Annapolis

Phone: (410) 268-2576

Mural at Griffin's West

Treaty of Paris: In the Maryland Inn

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

When my sister and I took my mom to Annapolis for her birthday we ate here one night. My sister did the research and she thought this was a place that my mom would enjoy. Other than that, I don't remember anything about it except that we had to either use valet parking or take a taxi.

Breakfast Hours - 7:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m., Lunch Hours - 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., Dinner, 5:30-9:30 pm. Sunday Brunch served between 10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.

Their website says: We acquired our name from the Peace Treaty of 1783, also known as the Paris Peace Treaty which terminated the Revolutionary War, and was signed in Paris on September 3, 1783. Representing England was Richard Oswald, the Chief Negotiator under the Earl of Sheltbourne and their Secretary of State, David Hartley, who was signing for them. Representing the United States were John Adams, Benjamin Franklin and John Jay, all of who signed the Treaty.

This Treaty acknowledged the independence of the United States of America. The Treaty also provided international navigation of the Mississippi River, stating that the river should be made free to all parties. It also stated that Florida and Menorca should be restored to Spain and that France should control Tobago and a region in Senegal.

The Treaty of Paris, which was signed in Paris, was ratified in our Annapolis State House. Annapolis was the First Capital of the United States. After the ratification, the signatories—John Jay, John Adams, and Benjamin Franklin came to this restaurant to celebrate our country’s victory. Hence, the source of our name.

Favorite Dish: Their website says: "The famous Treaty of Paris restaurant is located in the Maryland Inn. For over two hundred years, the Treaty of Paris has been the number one restaurant in Annapolis, catering to a most discerning clientele. The TOP has been endowed with several awards for its beloved recipes. In 2004, the Treaty of Paris will be inducted into the Hospitality Hall of Honor by the Restaurant Association of Maryland. Treat yourself to a delightful time at the Treaty of Paris. If you prefer casual fare, try the Drummer's Lot pub, the watering hole of the locals."

Address: 58 State Circle, Annapolis, MD. 21401

Directions: Across from the State House

Phone: (410)263-2641

Restaurant is down on the right side

The Annapolis Yacht Club: For Members Only

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Yacht Club has numerous places to eat. The Main Bar is the Club’s center for socializing. The Third Deck Lounge for cocktails is an alternative to the main bar.

The Casual Dining Room has chairs are fashioned after those aboard the SS Normandy where you can sit looking out on the best view in Annapolis. For more formal affairs there is the Fine Dining Room, and there is also the Skipjack where there is a replica Skipjack used as a bar.

I'm pretty sure you have to be a member to eat there, or else have a membership in another recognized Yacht Club. Ed and his wife joined even though they are not interested in boats so they would have a place to have a wedding reception if they needed to.

Favorite Dish: Reservations are recommended for lunch and dinner. Ed picked us up in the Quiet Waters park in plenty of time, but the Spa Creek bridge (right by the club) was up and that delayed us.

Nancy and I had cream of crab soup. They give you the sherry on the side so you can add the amount you like It was $5-6.00.. Bob and Nancy had the Jumbo Lump Crab Cake Sandwich served on a potato roll with French Fries for $13.00.

Entrees on the current menu include:

BROILED SALMON FILET

BROWN BUTTER SAGE SAUCE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES AND BABY SPINACH

BAKED PENNE WITH SEASONAL VEGETABLES
    TOMATO OR ALFREDO SAUCE

Address: 2 Compromise St. Annapolis, MD 21401

Directions: Balto.: I/97 S to Rte 50E. 2nd exit, go R Rowe Blvd.through 2 lights, cross low bridge, bear R at divide. Go straight on Northwest Ave. At next light (Church Circle). Go around, to 4th St- Duke of Gloucester-at end AYC is directly in front of you.

Phone: (410) 263-9279

Duke of Gloucester Street going down to Yacht Club
    • Cruise
    • Sailing and Boating

Pusser's Rum Company: Hotel Re-Creation of Pussers

by grandmaR Updated Apr 4, 2011

I'm putting this in here because I have a picture of it. I have never eaten here and have avoided eating here and will probably continue to avoid eating here. I think it is too expensive, and since I don't drink alcohol, I doubt if it would be a good place for me to go. I'm probably in the minority in that though.

Most of the Pussers are in the Caribbean, but they also have one in Germany and a couple of them in the US too.

Favorite Dish: Their publicity says:

"This unique Annapolis Maryland restaurant offers English-style pub fare at an exclusive dockside location''

The original concept of the restaurant was to serve the same rum formula that was doled out by the pursers on the British Navy ships (pussers is a corruption of the word purser).

Address: 80 Compromise Street

Phone: 888-773-0786

Pussers entrance during the boat show
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Singles

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Double T Diner: Okay Diner Food

by cjg1 Updated Apr 19, 2010

The Double T Diner was close to our hotel and the highway so we decided to stop here for breakfast. The parking lot was jam packed; so we figured we'd have a bit of a wait. To our surprise the diner is very large inside with plenty of booths and tables; so we were seated immediately.

The diner has that 1950's theme to it with chrome and bright colors. Our waitress arrived as if out of nowhere with menus and ready to take our drink order. I decided to have a hot chocolate with whipped cream and Liz had an unsweetened iced tea. The menu had the typical diner fare with a few speacialties thrown in for good measure. I odered the hash and eggs with whole wheat toast. Liz ordered toast and bacon.

Our order arrived very quickly and the portions were nice. I was a bit dissapointed that the hash was canned but the eggs and potatoes were good. Liz liked her toast with jelly but the bacon was a litle overdone for her taste; so I helped her eat her bacon.

For the most part the food here was okay but the service is excellent. I might return here if I'm in the area but I'll order something different.

Address: 12 Defense Street

Phone: (410) 571-9070

My Hash and Eggs Liz's Bacon and Toast Hot Chocolate Liz enjoying her toast Waiting for my food

• apbeaches's Profile Photo

Pussers Landing: Restaurant on the Harbor

by apbeaches Written Apr 18, 2009

Beautiful location, we enjoyed sitting on the dock watching the boats come in, the Naval Band play & the hordes of people gather. Waitress Meredith was friendly & helpful however, we felt rushed, all of our food & our drinks arrived at the same time with the bread. Children at the table next to us were screaming, feeding ducks & carrying on. We were excepting more.

Favorite Dish: Caesar Salads, Rockfish Annapolitan and Painkiller.

Address: 80 Compromise Street, Annapolis, MD 21401

Directions: In the Marriot Hotel on the Annapolis Docks

Phone: 410 626-0004

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Red Hot and Blue

by Ewingjr98 Updated Aug 27, 2008

Headquartered in Arlington, VA, Red Hot and Blue has franchised locations across much of the country, centered mainly in the Mid-West and the Mid-Atlantic states. I have eaten at a few locations, notably the Arlington (Rossyn), VA branch and Annapolis.

The BBQ is definitely excellent here, as it should be. I had ribs and brisket that were falling off the bone. Unfortunately I ordered "wet" ribs, smothered in BBQ sauce, and I got "dry" ribs that are rubbed with spices. They were fine, just not what I wanted. A little of the St. Louis BBQ sauce from the table and I was happy.

Address: 200 Old Mill Bottom Rd

Directions: Traveling west on Rt 50, take exit 28 (Bay Dale Drive). At the end of the exit ramp, go left to cross over Rt 50, then take another left at the stop sign. The restaurant will be in front of you.

Phone: Phone: (410) 626-7427

Website: http://www.redhotandblue.com/

• Beer Tasting
    • Business Travel

• bianchis's Profile Photo

Middleton Tavern: All types of sea food

by bianchis Written Aug 21, 2008

Of course we had fish of the day which was rock fish and it was delicious. I looked across at the other tables and I saw that the other sea food were nicely presented and people were enjoying their various dishes

Favorite Dish: Also taken from a leaflet:
    Notice the large rack of herbs on the dining room wall. Herbs played an important part in the lives of early Americans. Not only were they prized as culinary seasonings, they were also valued for their fragrance and beauty.
    Fahionable ladies of Annopolis always carried a "tussy mussy", or little pouch of fragrant herb, to cover their noses when they encountered some of the odors of the City. But perhaps the most significant use of herbs was for thier physick, or medicinal, powers. Herbs provided home remedies for a number of ailments.

Directions: 2 Market Space

Annapolis, MD 21401
    (410) 263-3323

enjoying the rock fish historic restaurant Tavern

Instant Answers: Annapolis

Comments

Annapolis Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Annapolis restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Annapolis sightseeing.