Map &

Been here?
Rate it

Top Tours

From $60.00

Phillips Seafood Tips (11)

Phillips Seafood: New Digs for Phillips Seafood

NOTE: After 30 years at Baltimore's Inner Harbor, Phillips Seafood has moved!! It's now located at: 601 E. Pratt Street Baltimore, still on the Inner Harbor but located next to the very large Barnes & Nobles store. It appears that Phillips also has a new style and is now no longer a buffet restaurant --- the end of an era!! Guests order from menus now and beer, wine and cocktails are served. The decor is now more comfortable and sophisticated with live music. Looks like a great place.
Additional new info. is as follows:
Parking: Pier V Garage, 711 E. Pratt Street; $2 discount with validation (all day); Valet: $10 with validation; from 5pm daily.
For more info. see:

When visiting Baltimore's Inner Harbor, you will find a vast selection of restaurants to fit every taste. When we visit Baltimore, we nearly always head for a restaurant serving seafood and after a long visit to the National Aquarium we were long overdue for lunch. We immediately headed to the Phillips Seafood Restaurant, a name very familiar to a lot of people on the East Coast. The upscale restaurant occupies a nice location in one of the Harbor Place buildings, but we found that although the menu looked good, the prices didn't.

Phillips has 2 more seafood venues in the Harbor Place building and we opted for the "Phillips Seafood Buffet." This all-you-can-eat buffet is a seafood lovers' dream --- you have lots of choices and it is all inclusive except for drinks.

This place is so popular that there was a line to get in, and small groups are let in as space becomes available. We had to wait in line about 45 minutes, and it is worth the wait. On the buffet you will find hot & cold seafood items such as steamed shrimp, fish, fried shrimp, fried clams, crab cakes, snow crab legs, mussels, seafood chowder, steamed clams and chilled seafood salad. There are non-seafood dishes as well. If you have room, there are also salads, coleslaw, hot vegetables, hushpuppies, cornbread, etc. Dessert is also included in the price. Look for several flavors of ice cream, assorted cookies, small slices of cake & pie. People literally stay for hours eating at Phillips Seafood Buffet!

Buffet Prices:
Weekday Lunch $16.99
Weekend & Dinner $24.99

Mon - Sat 11am-9pm
Sun 11am-6pm

Favorite Dish Since I was born in a town by the Chesapeake Bay, I grew up eating a lot seafood. I must admit I love crab (especially Maryland blue crabmeat!!) or lobster dripping with butter; but also, I love fried clams and shrimp and a good piece of flounder. Being a G.R.I.T (Girl Raised in the South) l just love hushpuppies and cornbread!

starship's Profile Photo
Feb 17, 2016

Phillips Seafood: Too Dry, old Crab!

This weekend I went to the book festival in Baltimore and in my way back home I order a dozen of crabs to take home.

I believe the crab was sitting on the steam all day because it was disgusting dry test less. The worst I have eaten in my life. I though it was very unconsidered to sell old crab. Now I know why it was ready in 2 minutes.

Sep 30, 2015

Phillips Seafood: Dry Grab!

Sep 30, 2015

Phillip's Seafood: Best Crab Cakes and Dessert Hands Down

Phillip's Seafood is a Baltimore institution with locations across the East Coast. My wife and I were visting Baltimore and decided we'd like a nice seafood lunch. Phillip's is located in the busy inner harbour area which was a short walk from the Hyatt Regency.

It was a beautiful, sunny, warm day and the place was packed both inside and outside. We opted to have a seat at a bar table and forgo the wait for a table in the dining room. The bar area was perfect for us; a nice cozy spot with high topped tables. Our waitress Stef provided us with menus and took our drink order. I chose a refreshing unsweetened iced tea while my wife chose a Mango Sangria. The menu had a large selection of seafood dishes, appetizers and option from the raw bar. It didn't take long for me to find what I wanted; the Fish & Chips. My wife immediately saw their Ultimate Crab cake on the menu and was decided.

As we waited for our food we had a relaxing time listening to the live music in the bar and discussing our possible upcoming move. Our food arrived rather quickly and I was ready to dig in. My Fish & Chips were very good. Nice and crispy battered fish with good flavor. The fries were quite nice and I enjoyed their coleslaw. My wife was in heaven with her crab cake. it was served in a large skillet and was all lump crab meat with little filler. She loved every bite of it and I must say after trying some; it was amazingly good. Her entree came with a side of asparagus and some crab mac & cheese which was amazing. This was an awesome lunch indeed.

We loved our lunch so much that we decided to come here for a late dinner. We once again chose to sit in the bar and had Stef as our waitress. Once, again there was live music. This time we chose to split some appetizers between us: the steamed mussels and their pull and eat shrimp. The mussels were amazingly good and the broth was perfect for dipping the garlic bread that came with the dish. The peel and eat shrimp were also very good; nice and fresh. The Old Bay seasoning and spicy cocktail sauce were perfect together.

After our appetizers were were still a bit hungry; so we opted to have some dessert. Our waitress brought over the dessert tray so we could select our dessert. After perusing the offerings I chose a local favorite; the Berger Cookie Pie. My wife chose one of her favorites; the warm apple crisp. Our desserts arrived shortly after we ordered and looked amazing. My Berger Cookie pie was a flaky crust, Berger cookie pieces(which is like a shortbread), cream filling, with ice cream & whipped cream. Absolutely amazing flavor and the side of ice cream was so good. My wife loved her Apple Crisp which was presented as more of an apple pie with a crumble streussel topping along with a large helping of caramel. She also had a side of ice cream. She loved her dessert and upon tasting it myself, I can understand why.

I have to say I really loved this place. Loved the food, great service and a nice casual vibe. Even though it's in a major tourist area; it never felt touristy. I can't wait to return very soon.

Favorite Dish The crab Cakes here are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cjg1's Profile Photo

16 South Calvert Street, Baltimore, Maryland, 21202, United States
17 Light St, Baltimore, Maryland, 21202, United States
2 North Charles Street, Baltimore, Maryland, 21201, United States

Phillips' Seafood: Answering your crab cravings

The restaurant's name says it all - it specializes in seafood in a very convenient location - the Harboplace at the Inner Harbor. Try their weekend seafood buffet - take a prophylactic anti-histamine before doing so - that basically serves everything and anything fished out of nearby Chesapeake Bay. Of course, the centerpiece of the buffet spread is Maryland's pride, the blue crab (if in season).

The restaurant does not disappoint in terms of freshness and variety of food (a must for buffets). It could get a bit crowded but the good thing is, most diners are locals despite the very touristy location.

Tijavi's Profile Photo
May 06, 2011

Phillips Buffet: Phillips Buffet

Phillips has 3 restaurants in the Harbor Food Court, 1st is the main restaurant fine dining, 2nd a take out version with little bar stolls to sit at a small table or take away and 3rd Phillips Buffet, the restaurant is wounderful and romantic, lets face it takeout is takeout, it;s quick, but the buffet was $24.99 + tax and tip, small, not a very good selection of food, you had to beg some one to cut you a piece of meat and then they are arguing about who's going to cut all while a small 5 year old child waited quietly till she got some food. I was very disappointed with this experence, we have been to 5 out of the 8 locations they have and this was the worst! Now don't get me wrong all the other Philips we have been to (DC, 3 OC MD) we have NEVER had a bad meal, the food is alway top quality and fresh and friendly service. So not sure what happened here but I wouldn't suggest Phillips Buffet.

tpangelinan's Profile Photo
Apr 04, 2011

Phillip's Seafood: Catch of the Day!

Another great place for seafood in the Inner Harbor!!! I had the all-you-can-eat buffet with an assortment of seafood that features peel-and-eat spiced shrimp, snow crab legs, fish dishes, a raw bar, carving station, homemade soups and chowders, salads, desserts and more, all for only $23!

Favorite Dish Snow crab legs!

HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Phillip's Seafood: HARBORPLACE

For my mom's 91st birthday my sister and I took her down to the inner harbor for lunch. It was too hot for my mom to eat outside, and the restaurant was crowded and a bit noisy, but we had a nice lunch.

OPEN : Year Round
11 am-10 pm April through September
11 am-9 pm October through March
11 am-9 pm (year-round)
MENU OPTIONS : Traditional Phillips Menu * Hard Shell Crabs and Crab Feasts * Phillips' Award-Winning Traditional and Premium Crab Cakes * Carry-Out * All-You-Can-Eat Seafood Buffet * Bomster Scallops-- voted the #1 scallop in the world by Gourmet magazine
PARKING : Garage & Metered Nearby, Discounted Parking at Harbor Court Hotel with Validation

Favorite Dish I'm not sure exactly what we ate - I seem to remember a crab cake sandwich, but can't swear to it.

Currently, the most expensive dinner is a clambake for two at $68.99 which includes 2 whole Maine lobsters, a pound of blue crab clusters, half pound of steamed shrimp, half pound of clams and a pound of mussels plus corn on the cob and baby red potatoes.

Signature dishes are crab cake and fried shrimp $19.99 and Phillips Premium Crab Cakes $23.99. The cheapest dinner entrees are salmon or scallops for $16.99

grandmaR's Profile Photo

Top 5 Baltimore Writers

frankcanfly's Profile Photo

"Charm City"
grandmaR's Profile Photo

"Native Baltimoron"
ellielou's Profile Photo

"The Land of Pleasant Living and...."
littlesam1's Profile Photo

"Baltimore "The Monumental City""
Yaqui's Profile Photo

"~ Baltimore ~"

Inner Harbor: Seafood!!

Around inner harbor, there is a famous seafood buffet. It should be 39.99 per person. That was the best seafood I've ever had.

It's in the building between the busy street and Inner Harbor. It should be very easy to find.

Enjoy it.

Favorite Dish Crabs

ace1010's Profile Photo
Nov 28, 2004

There are some great...

There are some great restaurants along the Inner Harbour. My favorites include The Cheesecake Factory, Paolo's, Capital City Brewing Company, and J. Pauls.
I like to sit out on the patio with a cold beer and good company to watch to boats in the harbour or just the other goofy tourists walking by.

Favorite Dish If you love a good blue crab, go to Phillips at the
Light Street Pavilion, 301 Light St, Baltimore, MD 21202

holligolytly's Profile Photo
Aug 25, 2002

Phillips Crab House: Phillips Crab House

This is a great location, right at Baltimore's Inner Harbour. We were there Thanksgiving weekend (actually a pretty nice day). It looked like there was outdoor seating in warmer weather.

We visited with my sister and her family (2 girls) and my brother's youngest daughter. This was a fun place for kids-- check out the pirate hats! Our daughter is the serious one.... not too sure she liked the hat!

Favorite Dish What else-- crabs!!! (Crab cakes are especially good!)

KathyW's Profile Photo
Aug 24, 2002

Things To Do in Baltimore

Inner Harbor

This screwpile lighthouse served to mark the entrance to Baltimore Harbor from 1856 till 1988. Today its sit on the end of Pier 5 along with some historic ships that make up a sort of maritime museum.

National Aquarium

Since its opening in 1981, the National Aquarium has been one of the major sights at Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Its striking modern architecture of a pyramidal roof, colorful rectangles and cylindrical...

Phoenix Shot Tower

One of the other memorable sights on our walk was this very tall tower. It's where rifle shot was produced - lead was dropped at the top of the tower, and as it fell into water at the bottom of the...

Basillica of the Assumption

This religious attraction in Baltimore is a National Historic Landmark, the first Roman Catholic Cathedral built in the United States. Built between 1806-1821, it stands as a testimony of faith and a...

Lexington Market

Since 1782, Lexington Market has been the center of downtown Baltimore's shopping, and a hub of social life. Here are all kinds of groceries, including ethnic foods. At the center is a small stage...

Walters Art Museum

Main Hall of Walters Museum is looking like Italian classic Palazzo. It has transparent roof made out of glass and that why there is always light inside. Its galleries and columns constitute excellent...

Getting to Baltimore

601 E. Pratt Street

We don't yet have hours for this Restaurants. Help us improve our info!