Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Boston Scavenger Hunt Adventure
"The adventure begins in Boston Common and will take you on a journey among historic landmarks and along key sections of the Freedom Trail. Experience the history of old cemeteries and famous meeting halls with the sights and smells of the Italian North E' you choose your own pace. You can start when you want and take breaks to discover the city; perhaps stop for lunch along the Freedom Trail or grab an Italian pastry in the North End.The tour requires approximately 2 miles of walking with several stops along the route to complete challenges and decipher clues. The game software tracks team points and posts the final score to a city leaderboard!Please note: Pricing is per individual but your team must book together. One vouche"""Turn Boston into a giant game board with this fun scavenger hunt adventure! This challenge combines the excitement of the Amazing Race with a 3-hour city walking tour. Using your smart phone to guide you make your way through Boston among well-known and overlooked gems of the city solving clues and completing challenges while learning local history. Great for families
From $15.00

Boston Freedom Trail to Copley Square Walking Tour
"Pick the perfect day to explore the streets of Boston. At 10am meet your professional guide outside of 28 State Street located across from the Old State House. Follow your guide and begin your 2-hour walking tour of Boston.Start your tour on the Freedom Trail visiting Faneuil Hall the Old and New State Houses and the Boston Massacre Site. See both the Old and New City Halls along with Old Corner Bookstore and King's Chapel. Stroll through downtown on your way to Boston Common and the Public Garden. Admire the stunning swan boats as they sail under the world's smallest suspension bridge. Continue on to the John Hanco
From $25.00

Downtown Freedom Trail Walking Tour in Boston
"Choose when to explore Boston at either 10am or 6pm. Arrive at 28 State Street across from the Old State House. Meet your professional guide and then begin your 70-minute walking tour of the Freedom Trail. Start your tour at the Old State House and then compare it with the New State House. See Faneuil Hall a marketplace and meeting hall since 1743. Walk through the city to the Boston Massacre Site and learn the history behind the memorial. Admire the architecture of Park Street Church and King's Chapel. Then make your way to the Old South Meeting House. Walk through the Old Granary Cemetery and visit Old City Hall. Pass the First Schoolhouse Site and The Old Corner Bookstore which was a meeting place for famous authors including Ralph Waldo Emerson and Charles Dickens. Stroll through the beautiful Boston Common to end your Freedom Trail walking tour. Explore the quirky streets and charming atmosphere of Boston on this 70-minute walking tour."
From $15.00

Boston Public Garden Tips (9)

A beautiful park for nature lovers

Favorite thing Coming soon!

Fondest memory This is a beautiful landscape (except for the weather, cause it made the picture look gray) of the little lake in Boston Public Garden and the buildings on the background, I love the contrast there is between nature and the city, all within a few meters... I bet this park must look wonderfully beautiful in the summer and fall time, with the trees full of colorful foliage and flowers everywhere!

Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo
Laura_Mexico
Jun 16, 2008

An Artist's Paradise

Favorite thing We thought the Public Garden and Lake was a fabulous place to relax and absorb the landscape. It did not surprise us when we saw an artist enjoying the brilliant sunlight and creating her own masterpiece.

Jun 09, 2008

Brass Ducks In The Public Garden

Favorite thing The Public Garden and lake are naturally beautiful, however there are many other items in the garden to grab your attention. The Brass Ducks, mum and her trible of small ducklings bring people to a halt immediately and almost always recorded on camera.

Jun 09, 2008

Public Garden & Swan Boats - Delightful

Favorite thing After walking through the Boston Common we crossed Charles Street and entered the Public Garden and Lake. It was late May, spring time and the gardens were full of brilliant colour it was a pleasure to just walk and enjoy the lush surroundings.

There was a bridge over the lake which attracted the crowd for that magic photo, the water, boats, colourful gardens and trees made a great backdrop. To top this off there were several statutes and brassworks throughout the park which grabbed our attention, particularly the line of ducks.

Jun 07, 2008

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Boston

60 School Street, Boston, Massachusetts, 02108, United States
90 Tremont St., Boston, Massachusetts, 02108, United States
15 Beacon St, Boston, Massachusetts, 02108, United States
1 Court Street, Boston, Massachusetts, 02108, United States
Hotels
161 Devonshire Street, Between Milk & Franklin Streets, Boston, Massachusetts, 02110, United States
Hotels
26 North Street, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston, Massachusetts, 02109-1509, United States

Equestrian Washington

Favorite thing The Public Gardens in Boston are chock-a-block full of memorials and monuments. One of the most prominent is George Washington on horseback. This is the oldest public botanical garden in the United States, and it is certainly one of the loveliest. Bostonians keep this place immaculate - you can sense their civic pride here. It's a lovely place to wander on a spring afternoon.

yooperprof's Profile Photo
yooperprof
Apr 10, 2004

Boston has some of the nicest US architecture

Favorite thing Boston has some of the nicest architecture in the US and just walking around and admiring it is the one thing you just have to do. It also has some of the finest beer brewed in America and I must admit, that's why I went!

Fondest memory I had been to Boston on a few occasions both with buddies in college and on my own to visit local friends but I had never really had a great time there. I had either not been able to get to the places I wanted to visit or people were busy working and unable to accompany me. But this time was going to be different. This was one big American City that Doreen wanted to see and we planned on finishing up our five-week tour of Eastern Canada and New England there. We arrived late one rainy afternoon and took refuge in Redbones, my favorite beer joint cum BBQ haven. It was a lengthy stop due to my inability to get a hold of my friends in town, the rain and the amusing guy we met at the bar. He seemed able to talk about just anything and fused with the great beers on tap, we had a great time whiling away the day. With the rain not abating, I was relieved to finally reach my local contacts and arranged to meet them at Cambridge Brewing over by Harvard University. We were stuffed from the huge platters at Redbones and ample beers but were planning on watching the local Red Sox take on their archival Yankees in the American League Playoffs. We were disappointed to find it canceled due to inclimate weather. Not matter, we still got into a nice session of the seasonal pumpkin ale once my friends arrived though we were happy to move it back to their house when it was suggested. We stayed up later than expected and with them having family plans the next day, we were up and out of their place early the next morning. We didn’t care as it was a gorgeous fall day and the crisp air and sunny skies beckoned us. (concluded below in Fondest Memory)

richiecdisc's Profile Photo
richiecdisc
Dec 08, 2003

Take a walk through the Public...

Favorite thing Take a walk through the Public Garden and the Boston Common. No matter the time of year, you'll find great people watching here!

Fondest memory Strolling through the streets with Jeannine and shopping on Newberry Street.

AdHocTravel's Profile Photo
AdHocTravel
Aug 25, 2002

Go on the Swan Boats even if...

Favorite thing Go on the Swan Boats even if you're not a kid. They are easily found at the Public Gardens by the Arlington T station.

Fondest memory The view from my 11th floor apartment looking towards the beautiful green western suburbs of Boston.

rozkramer's Profile Photo
rozkramer
Aug 25, 2002
Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Gypsystravels

"BOSTON KALEIDOSCOPE AND ITS CAST OF COLORS…"
moiraistyx's Profile Photo

moiraistyx

"IF HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS-THEN I LIVE HERE"
garridogal's Profile Photo

garridogal

"Boston in a Nutshell"
cjg1's Profile Photo

cjg1

"The Perfect Weekend Away City"
BruceDunning's Profile Photo

BruceDunning

"Boston Features the Old and New"

Boston's Worthies in the Public Gardens

Favorite thing Is that Emerson standing above the bushes, just about to round the corner? Or maybe Longfellow? It's fun to meander around and see how many of the statues are of people you can identify.

yooperprof's Profile Photo
yooperprof
Apr 10, 2004

Things to Do Near Boston

King's Chapel

The King's Chapel is one of the many protestant Unitarian Denominational Churches in New England and is part of the Freedom Trail, you can check this area and Chapel too as it lies just in Tremont...

City Hall

The New Boston City hall is just a stone's throw away from the old City Hall Building that was built in 1968 and on the famous brutalist style which was popular during those times (brutalist design...

Granary Burying Ground

I enjoy visiting cemeteries. I think they are beautiful and hold spiritual tranquility. I look at the crypts and headstones and wonder if the deceased have families that live on. I enjoy the beauty of...

Black Heritage Trail

This is a shorter trail than the freedom trail and takes you mainly around the Beacon Hill area which is lovely in itself. There are beautiful mansion houses and millionaire's squares. Excellent and...

Old State House

What a great idea! To use a landmark as also a metro station is genius! The Old State House is one of the oldest public buildings in the United States, built in 1712-1713. It's one of the landmarks...

Old South Meeting House

A den of traitors. Or at least that's how the British would have seen it. This was the dry tinder box for the American Revolution. The locals would meet here for heated debates about the future of the...

Getting to Boston

Address

We don't yet have an address for this General. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this General. Help us improve our info!

Map