Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Boston Scavenger Hunt Adventure
"The adventure begins in Boston Common and will take you on a journey among historic landmarks and along key sections of the Freedom Trail. Experience the history of old cemeteries and famous meeting halls with the sights and smells of the Italian North E' you choose your own pace. You can start when you want and take breaks to discover the city; perhaps stop for lunch along the Freedom Trail or grab an Italian pastry in the North End.The tour requires approximately 2 miles of walking with several stops along the route to complete challenges and decipher clues. The game software tracks team points and posts the final score to a city leaderboard!Please note: Pricing is per individual but your team must book together. One vouche"""Turn Boston into a giant game board with this fun scavenger hunt adventure! This challenge combines the excitement of the Amazing Race with a 3-hour city walking tour. Using your smart phone to guide you make your way through Boston among well-known and overlooked gems of the city solving clues and completing challenges while learning local history. Great for families
From $15.00

Boston Freedom Trail to Copley Square Walking Tour
"Pick the perfect day to explore the streets of Boston. At 10am meet your professional guide outside of 28 State Street located across from the Old State House. Follow your guide and begin your 2-hour walking tour of Boston.Start your tour on the Freedom Trail visiting Faneuil Hall the Old and New State Houses and the Boston Massacre Site. See both the Old and New City Halls along with Old Corner Bookstore and King's Chapel. Stroll through downtown on your way to Boston Common and the Public Garden. Admire the stunning swan boats as they sail under the world's smallest suspension bridge. Continue on to the John Hanco
From $25.00

Downtown Freedom Trail Walking Tour in Boston
"Choose when to explore Boston at either 10am or 6pm. Arrive at 28 State Street across from the Old State House. Meet your professional guide and then begin your 70-minute walking tour of the Freedom Trail. Start your tour at the Old State House and then compare it with the New State House. See Faneuil Hall a marketplace and meeting hall since 1743. Walk through the city to the Boston Massacre Site and learn the history behind the memorial. Admire the architecture of Park Street Church and King's Chapel. Then make your way to the Old South Meeting House. Walk through the Old Granary Cemetery and visit Old City Hall. Pass the First Schoolhouse Site and The Old Corner Bookstore which was a meeting place for famous authors including Ralph Waldo Emerson and Charles Dickens. Stroll through the beautiful Boston Common to end your Freedom Trail walking tour. Explore the quirky streets and charming atmosphere of Boston on this 70-minute walking tour."
From $15.00

Bull & Finch Pub / Cheers Tips (8)

Bull & Finch Pub / Cheers: Bull & Finch Pub / Cheers

I've passed this pub many times and normally I wouldn't bother going inside if it's classified as a "tourist" place (which means too crowded, overpriced meals and drinks and not so good service), but we were strolling along Beacon after a really nice walk across Boston Commons and Gardens when we happened upon the bar.

We decided to go in and use the facilities, take a look around the bar and maybe have a drink or two. We were pleasantly surprised when we walked in. The bar was crowded but not overly as there was room to walk around. The bar looks nothing like the Cheers bar (don't think they filmed inside anyway), but the walls were decorated with everything Cheers.

We made our way to the restrooms and on our way back checked out the gift shop. We lingered for a bit and since there was a spot for us to sit, we decided to stay and have a drink or two.

The bar/restaurant has plenty of tables and there were many people enjoying their meals. The burgers looked yummy but we had already had our dinner, if not I am sure the sight of the burgers would have surely convinced us to stay and eat here.

The prices, service and friendliness of the staff surprised me. We ordered a Blue Moon Ale and a Rum & Coke. The drinks were very affordable, our tab for two drinks was $10, now that's cheap!

Dress Code We ordered a Blue Moon and a Rum & Coke, we've also had the mozzarella sticks as well.

Gypsystravels's Profile Photo
Gypsystravels
Jun 17, 2015

Bull & Finch Pub / Cheers: Cheers Beacon Hill Part two

This is part two of my Original Cheers Pub Tips (more pictures since VT only allows 5 pictures max per tip) . well this is the setting for the Iconic Cheers TV Series and they even had a large party in 1993 here when the series ended in 1993 which was star studded but the truth is that only the outside part of the bar was used in the iconic TV Program (and they copied the inside of the bar for the cheer's other branch in fanneuil hall/quincy market area) I may even put this into the tourist trap category due to the touristy nature of the pub. it has 2 floors, the ground floor and the basement (the basement is better since it is the original ok) But you also have to have a review of the place hence I would say that the price of the local brews like sam adams and the microbrewed or artisanal beers are reasonable at $ 6 a mug for local draft and $ 7 a mug for the microbrewed. other bar cxxhow likex burgers start at $ 10 and the fish and chips at $ 15 and my favorite calamari at $ 14 an order.

feel free to buy the assorted touristy stuff like key chains, ref magnets, shot glass, beer mugs, t-shirts and a lot more in their souvenir shops located beside the bars at both levels hehehe.

Dress Code smart casual, definitely no flip flops or slippers, ok

Bull & Finch Pub / Cheers: transplanted to Quincy Market

the iconic cheers bar (or Bull & Finch) has a branch here in touristy Quincy Market for people who cannot go to the main branch in the Luxe Beacon Hill area. "Cheers" (the television show) fans can stop by for a drink in an exact replica of the inside bar on the TV show here in the Quincy Market. (the original cheers pub in Beacon Hill only has outside shots of cheers). The exterior location shots of the bar were of the Bull & Finch Pub, located directly north of the Boston Public Garden, which has become a tourist attraction because of its association with the series and draws in nearly a million visitors annually. It has since been renamed Cheers Beacon Hill, though its interior is different from the TV bar. To further capitalize on the show's popularity, another bar, Cheers Faneuil Hall, was built to be a replica of the show's set to provide tourists with a bar whose interior was closer to the one they saw on TV. It is near Faneuil Hall, about a mile from the Bull & Finch Pub, hence i might put this on the tourist trap page hehehe

opens: 10:00 am to 10:00 pm everyday

Dress Code smart casual.

local draft beers starts at $ 6 a mug and $ 8 for Local Microbrewed or Local Crafted brews. Cocktails start at $ 9.95 and the burgers start at $ 11.95.

Bull & Finch Pub / Cheers: the Original Cheers in Beacon hill Part 1

This is part one of my Original Cheers Pub Tips (more pictures for part two of my tips too) .

Opens: 10:00 am to 12:00 am everyday

Dress Code smart casual, definitely no flip flops ok!

Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Boston

60 School Street, Boston, Massachusetts, 02108, United States
90 Tremont St., Boston, Massachusetts, 02108, United States
15 Beacon St, Boston, Massachusetts, 02108, United States
1 Court Street, Boston, Massachusetts, 02108, United States
Hotels
161 Devonshire Street, Between Milk & Franklin Streets, Boston, Massachusetts, 02110, United States
Hotels
26 North Street, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston, Massachusetts, 02109-1509, United States

Bull & Finch Pub / Cheers: Boston's Most Popular Tourist Trap

I originally did not intend upon visiting the most popular tourist trap in Boston, the Cheers Bar, I finally did. This was only when I had some time to kill after the museums closed for the night and before it was a decent hour for dinner.
I knew in advance that the Cheers Bar was not anything like the bar that became so famous in the "Cheers" TV show as only the facade was actually used. The bar was in fact originally called the Bull and Finch Pub (and still was at the time of my first trip to Boston) before its name was recently changed. The interior of the bar is rather small compared to the TV show and is just a bar about 4m long and a seating area in front. There is another room towards the rear of the bar which I think may have been an addition after the bar became so popular. The walls of the bar are covered with Boston sports memorabilia and of course from the TV show. Patrons go in and out of the bar in a flurry and this probably ruined any homeiness that you ask for a neighborhood bar. I suspect that before the show, it probably quaint. I did enjoy my pint and I figured that if you came here much later to catch a Red Sox game on television you might even forget what a tourist trap it has become.

Paul2001's Profile Photo
Paul2001
Oct 10, 2007

The bar from Cheers is located...

The bar from Cheers is located in Boston. It's not much, but if you're a Cheers fan, it'll bring back memories. In the meantime, enjoy!
NORM PETERSON QUOTES
If you ever wished you could remember Norm's greetings on 'Cheers' here you go.

SAM: 'What's shaking Norm?'

NORM: 'All four cheeks & a couple of chins.'

SAM: 'What's new Normie?'

NORM: 'Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach & they're demanding beer.'

SAM: 'What'd you like Normie?'

NORM: 'A reason to live. Give me another beer.'

SAM: 'What'll you have Normie?'

NORM: 'Well, I'm in a gambling mood Sammy. I'll take a glass of whatever comes out of that tap.'

SAM: 'Looks like beer, Norm.'

NORM: 'Call me Mister Lucky.'

SAM: 'Hey Norm, how's the world been treating you?'

NORM: 'Like a baby treats a diaper.'

WOODY: 'What's the story Mr. Peterson?'

NORM: 'The Bobbsey twins go to the brewery. Let's cut to the happy ending.'

WOODY: 'Hey Mr. Peterson, there's a cold one waiting for you.'

NORM: 'I know, if she calls, I'm not here.'

SAM: 'Beer, Norm?'

NORM: 'Have I gotten that predictable? Good.'

SAM:'Whatcha up to Norm?'

NORM: 'My ideal weight if I were eleven feet tall.'

WOODY: 'How's it going Mr. Peterson?'

NORM: 'Poor.'

WOODY: 'I'm sorry to hear that.'

NORM: 'No, I mean pour.'

SAM: 'How's life treating you Norm?'

NORM: 'Like it caught me sleeping with its wife.'

SAM: 'What's going down, Normie?'

NORM: 'My butt cheeks on that bar stool.'

WOODY: 'Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?'

NORM: 'All right, but stop me at one.... make that one-thirty.'

WOODY: 'How's it going Mr. Peterson?'

NORM: 'It's a dog eat dog world, Woody & I'm wearing Milk Bone underwear.'

SAM: 'What's the story Norm?'

NORM: 'Boy meets beer. Boy drinks beer. Boy meets another beer.'

WOODY: 'What's going on Mr. Peterson?'

NORM: 'The question is what's going in Mr. Peterson? A beer please, Woody.'

WOODY: 'Can I pour you a beer Mr. Peterson?'

NORM: 'A little early isn't it, Woody?'

WOODY: 'For a beer?'

NORM: 'No, for stupid questions.'

SueRivet's Profile Photo
SueRivet
Aug 25, 2002

Bull & Finch Pub, better known...

Bull & Finch Pub, better known for the inspiration for the television show 'Cheers.'
I just snapped this shot. I didn't actually go here. If you're really into nightlife, there is a pub that is located right next to Faneuil Hall and across from the Holocaust Memorial that looked like it was jumpin'! I can't remember the name, but it was absolutely packed and the sign said it's the oldest pub in Boston.

acemj's Profile Photo
acemj
Aug 25, 2002

Bull & Finch Pub / Cheers: Cheers to the memories of a bar and TV show

The Bull & Finch is the bar credited with being the inspiration for the classic comedy series Cheers which launched many a career and spinoffs.

Dress Code Casual

ChadSteve1975's Profile Photo
ChadSteve1975
Jul 26, 2003
Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Gypsystravels

"BOSTON KALEIDOSCOPE AND ITS CAST OF COLORS…"
moiraistyx's Profile Photo

moiraistyx

"IF HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS-THEN I LIVE HERE"
garridogal's Profile Photo

garridogal

"Boston in a Nutshell"
cjg1's Profile Photo

cjg1

"The Perfect Weekend Away City"
BruceDunning's Profile Photo

BruceDunning

"Boston Features the Old and New"

Things to Do Near Boston

King's Chapel

The King's Chapel is one of the many protestant Unitarian Denominational Churches in New England and is part of the Freedom Trail, you can check this area and Chapel too as it lies just in Tremont...

City Hall

The New Boston City hall is just a stone's throw away from the old City Hall Building that was built in 1968 and on the famous brutalist style which was popular during those times (brutalist design...

Granary Burying Ground

I enjoy visiting cemeteries. I think they are beautiful and hold spiritual tranquility. I look at the crypts and headstones and wonder if the deceased have families that live on. I enjoy the beauty of...

Black Heritage Trail

This is a shorter trail than the freedom trail and takes you mainly around the Beacon Hill area which is lovely in itself. There are beautiful mansion houses and millionaire's squares. Excellent and...

Old State House

What a great idea! To use a landmark as also a metro station is genius! The Old State House is one of the oldest public buildings in the United States, built in 1712-1713. It's one of the landmarks...

Old South Meeting House

A den of traitors. Or at least that's how the British would have seen it. This was the dry tinder box for the American Revolution. The locals would meet here for heated debates about the future of the...

Getting to Boston

Address

We don't yet have an address for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!

Hours

We don't yet have hours for this Nightlife. Help us improve our info!

Map