Map &

chevron_left

chevron_right

Top Tours

Go Boston Card
"Choose free entry to over 40 unique attractions and tours in Boston and its surrounds then let your Go Boston Card do the rest. You'll receive discounts and special offers on shopping dining and activities plus a 69-page guidebook to help you plan your Boston vacation. The Go Boston Card leaves you in control allowing you to have the best customized experience possible. The Go Boston Card is available for one two
From $54.00

Admission to Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum
"The Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum will give you a comprehensive look into the days leading up to December 16 1773 as well as this fateful day’s role in kick-starting the American Revolution. The museum combines historic and rare artifacts with cutting-edge technology to give you a real-life experience of what life was like in Boston during the 18th century. Spend yo or take advantage of the complimentary guided tours that leave every 15 minutes starting at 9am!Museum exhibits include: The Meeting House:See a reenactment of the evening of December 16 1773 when patriots dumped the loads of British tea into the Boston Harbor.The Tea Party Ships:Explore one of the tall ships: The Beaver The Dartmouth and The Eleanor! Two of the three (The Beaver and The Eleanor) were docked in the harbor on the evening of the Boston Tea Party!Griffin's Wharf:At Griffin's Wharf
From $26.00

New York to Boston Day Trip by Rail
"Take the kids for a one-day experience of one of the USA's oldest cities Boston. Founded in 1630 over 100 years before the Declaration of Independence Boston was the site of the beginning of the Revolutionary War and three of the Declaration signers are buried there -- Samuel Adams John Hancock and Robert Treat Paine. After a relaxing railroad trip from New York enjoy a tour around the city
From $329.00

Barking Crab Tips (8)

Barkin Crab: Conveniently Racist.

My name is Jorge Rodriguez and I'm from Puerto Rico which is considered to be american territory. My Driver license is my only official ID and with the same I can live, travel and work throughout the 50 states as an "american citizen". Today I went to The Barking Crab for a business meeting and some drinks, and the Manager told me that my Puerto Rican ID was not considered legit for the state of Massachussets, which is weird since this is our official ID as the Id's of any american citizen in any state. I told her that, and she said "I understand but anyhow the policy of Masachussets does not approve it". So I called the Civil Rights Commision and they couldn't prove that. I'm 30 years old and a not so proud american citizen who wants to have a normal business meeting with some drinks since its my legal right and this kind of racist place prefer to not serve us. I wouldn't recommend a place that threats the rights for any american and non american citizen. It's simply not right and iresponsible.

Favorite Dish Didn't have the break to try them.

fishrodriguez
Jan 24, 2012

Barking Crab: Seafood on the Deck

This place is something of a Boston tradition, in a pretty unlikely neighborhood (although it is close to the water!). The emphasis is on the food here: the decor is rough and ready, the tables are plain, and you should be prepared to be friendly with your neighbors. We enjoyed our first visit, and it's one of those places that would be perfect to take friends or family from out of town, keen to try some New England seafood. (Of course everyone else feels this way too, so you should definitely come prepared to wait for a table!)

Favorite Dish All the usual suspects are here: steamers and fried clams, lobster and crab. The lobster and crab aren't cheap, but the quality is excellent, and you certainly get plenty of food if you order, for example, the huge lobster claws!

sarahandgareth's Profile Photo
sarahandgareth
Jan 14, 2007

The Barking Crab: Cheap and cheerful

Not what I expected to find moreorless in the middle of downtown Boston! Nothing more than a clam shack (wooden lean-to or palapa), open to the elements on three sides (plastic sheeting is used during wet or cold days), sited in a car park overlooking Fort Point Channel, the rusting Northern Avenue Bridge and on to the Boston Downtown skyline!
Nothing fancy or pretentious about this place. Big wooden 'park' tables and benches, food served on paper plates, frenetic pace as the serving staff scuttle between the tables with huge trays of food piled high to hungry families, be-suited business people, blue collar workers and more. There's also a small bar area where you can watch all this activity without necessarily eating.

Favorite Dish The menu extends to burgers and fries but its the seafood that is the purpose of this place - the scallops.......

leffe3's Profile Photo
leffe3
Apr 25, 2006

Barking Crab: "Eat Here and Get Crabs"

The Barking Crab is one of my favorite summertime venues for seafood. Located on the water (literally) in Boston Harbor, the Barking Crab is an open-air restaurant specializing in, well, crabs! They also have a good selection of other seafood –lobster, grilled or fried fish etc… The dining is at family style picnic tables, which is a great way of meeting other diners. The bar area is always packed and attracts a lively after-work crowd.

Favorite Dish Crabs of course!

travelingbunny's Profile Photo

250 Franklin Street
89 Broad St., Boston, Massachusetts, 02110, United States
Three Mckinley Square, Boston, MA, 02109
296 State Street, Boston, Massachusetts, 02109, United States

Barking Crab: Great Food... Bad Parking!

The Barking Crab serves up a variety of seafood. An excellent selection of draft beers make it even better.

The location right on the river overlooking downtown is nice but the view is a little rundown given all teh work going on in Boston.

Parking was difficult around 1:00 on a Monday and we ended up making a couple of go arounds until a spot was available. Still it was worth the wait.

Favorite Dish The Clam Chowder was outstanding. Nice and Creamy with plenty of Clam and Potatoes. Some have complained of too many onions but I didn't notice it (and I don't dig on onions)

Also try the Fried Scallops or a bucket of steamers.

Draft Harpoon makes a great side dish.

MatthewMetcalfe's Profile Photo
MatthewMetcalfe
May 21, 2004

Barking Crab: YUM, YUM, YUM!

Funky, casual and a place for locals. I really enjoyed our experience here. Diver-x had recommended this spot, and when I talked with my Cambridge cousin, he wholeheartedly endorsed dinner there.

There was a band playing R&B, a fire roaring in the pot-belly stove and plenty of paper napkins and plastic utensils at each table. A bottle of pinot grigiot, some great seafood and marvelous family company... what a wonderful night!

Favorite Dish Why, LOBSTER, of course! I mean, I'm sure their crab is just dandy. But I live in the capital for dungeoness crab, and that season started two days ago, so forget crab in Boston. I want lobster! So, so, so tasty. The clam chowder was fine, but nothing out of this world. Still -- on a very empty tummy and a cold night, it hit the spot.

jessicadf's Profile Photo
jessicadf
Jan 12, 2004

The Barking Crab: The Barking Crab

Good seafood located right on the waterfront. There's no better place to take people from out of town for a traditional lobster dinner. Very casual. In the summer, one half of the restaurant is open-air under a tent.

whataboutbob's Profile Photo
whataboutbob
Sep 08, 2002

The Barking Crab on Sleeper...

The Barking Crab on Sleeper St. Great clam chowder! You sit on long picnic tables under a big tent and they give you nice size rocks for cracking crestations!
Unique, yeah this place was unigue! That is why I loved it.

Feff
Aug 26, 2002
Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Gypsystravels

"BOSTON KALEIDOSCOPE AND ITS CAST OF COLORS…"
moiraistyx's Profile Photo

moiraistyx

"IF HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS-THEN I LIVE HERE"
garridogal's Profile Photo

garridogal

"Boston in a Nutshell"
cjg1's Profile Photo

cjg1

"The Perfect Weekend Away City"
BruceDunning's Profile Photo

BruceDunning

"Boston Features the Old and New"

Things to Do Near Barking Crab

Children's Museum

As we have a small person in our family, I have decided to add some child-friendly places to my 'things to do' tips in her honour. Kids can have a good time in Boston, even if alot of the activities...

The Boston Tea Party Ship and Museum

The simple legend of the Tea Party, colonists rebelling against a scandalous high tax, is a long way from the truth. It in part represented the culmination of anger for multiple prior taxations on...

Christopher Columbus Park

What a beautiful amazing park. The park has a well manicured garden, vine-covered archway and nice lawns and a sculpture of the park's namesake, Christopher Columbus. Its a beautiful stretch of...

ICA - Institute of Contemporary Art

I'm a little horrified that it's taken me so long to check out the ICA since it moved from Back Bay to the Waterfront area. When looking for something to do for a friend's birthday recently I was...

New England Aquarium

Small but pretty good aquarium on the harbor. Very nice collection of penguins. The main part of the museum winds around a large central tank with side exhibits on each level. On the bottom level are...

Ghosts and Gravestones tour

When we were in Boston on Halloween we went on a tour of the Granary Burial Grounds in downtown Boston (on the Freedom trail). Costumed actors were giving "creepy" historical tours in the graveyard...

Getting to Barking Crab