Map &

Boston Beantown Trolley and Harbor Cruise
From $35.00

Hard Rock Cafe Tips (6)

Hard Rock Cafe Boston: Hard Rock Cafe Boston

As a member of the Hard Rock Rewards program, this was my 48th official Hard Rock Cafe visit. :-)

I love the Hard Rock Cafe, and make it a point to stop in if there is one in or near any of my travels. Having never been to Boston before, this was a "must see" for me. After stopping in at the Rock Shop and spending way too much on pins for my collection, my friend and I proceeded to take a tour of the restaurant.

We did not eat here because we planned to eat at Cheers (also in Faneuil Hall), but loved my visit to the Hard Rock Cafe Boston.

TravellerMel's Profile Photo
May 13, 2016

Hard Rock Cafe, Boston: Classic food, classic rock

The Hard Rock Cafe is a well known chain restaurant in major cities all over the world. You can generally find them in the centre of the action and you can always rely on a pretty decent meal there. The atmosphere is jumping at night and your mileage may vary in the daytime, depending on when you go and what time of year it is, and where it is, I suppose. The staff is always friendly and really eager to please and the prices, while perhaps a bit more expensive than a non-chain restaurant, are not unreasonable. You're in a major city in the centre, you probably aren't going to get away too cheaply for a similar type of place.

We visited Boston recently and were ready for a sit down to rest our feet at a late lunch. We realized we were close to the Hard Rock, just to one side of the busy Faneiul Hall/Quincy Market area in the historic centre of Boston so that's what we chose. My partner fancied getting a tshirt from the shop, as well.

It was quiet when we were there, mid week in early September so the place was mostly empty. We had probably missed the busiest lunch rush. Our waiter, Cam, came over and sat down on a chair next to our table and chatted with us, finding out what we'd like to drink and answering any questions, which we did have. I was curious about how they obtained the rock memorabilia and he answered all our questions with pleasure and even offered to show us some items that were tucked away in their function room, something that the general customers didn't get to see. He served our meal efficiently and with a smile and when we were done, he took us in to see more of the HRC's interesting rock items, including one of Madonna's costumes, a vest worn by Jimmi Hendrix and a smashed guitar owned by Kurt Cobain as well as some other guitars owned by rock legends. Cam went above and beyond the call of duty and we were very appreciative.

Favorite Dish My partner had his favourite, a great big juicy burger. I had an epic club sandwich, both excellent choices. I also had a milkshake made from Ben and Jerry's ice cream! Yum!

tvor's Profile Photo
Sep 22, 2014

I think the title of my tip says it all. Hard Rock Cafe is cool the first few of them you go to, but lets face it, after a while its a little repetative. This is a great place to go to if you have children. The wait staff are very attentive to the little ones. It can be very loud and hard to hear people at your table.

moiraistyx's Profile Photo
May 04, 2006

Hard Rock Cafe: They know The Shadows !

Its not as chick as New York but as a Shadows fan it was cool to have a late lunch under a photo of My Favorite group The Shadows.

I brought home a Hurricane Glass from the Hard Rock Boston.

Now I must try out the Hard Rock in my home town EDINBURGH.

Favorite Dish As I found it hard to choose, so I had a taste of two dishes chicken and ribs if I recall messy yeah but fun, washed down with two beers.
+ Desert.

EdinburghRoc's Profile Photo
Dec 08, 2005
Sponsored Listings

Hotels Near Hard Rock Cafe

26 North Street, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston, Massachusetts, 02109-1509, United States
185 State St., Boston, Massachusetts, 02109, United States
Three Mckinley Square, Boston, MA, 02109
296 State Street, Boston, Massachusetts, 02109, United States
1 Court Street, Boston, Massachusetts, 02108, United States
89 Broad St., Boston, Massachusetts, 02110, United States

Hard Rock Cafe: Hard Rock - Much like the others

This Hard Rock is much like all the others, standard American Fare that is a little overpriced but consistent in quality.

Collecting Hard Rock Memorabilia from the various restaurants seems to be a popular past-time that hasn't faded much over the years. Each Hard Rock has a variety of stuff to choose from.

One thing that seems to be consistent in each Hard Rock that I visit is that the service is usually very friendly and attentive. The Boston venue was no different.

Favorite Dish The Smoked BBQ Chicken is excellent as is the Cobb Salad. The Salads at Hard Rock are enormous.

The mixed drinks in my opinion are a little watered down so I would stick with Beer or Wine.

MatthewMetcalfe's Profile Photo
Nov 09, 2004

The Hard Rock Cafe: Great atmosphere!

Every city must have one now, but I like this one because it's right across the street from the Lyric Stage. We go here for dinner and a drink after a show because the food is good, the atmosphere is great, and the prices are reasonable.

Favorite Dish A dish of their "Signature Ice Cream" .... yummy!

RhondaRuth's Profile Photo
Jul 09, 2003
Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

moiraistyx's Profile Photo

garridogal's Profile Photo

"Boston in a Nutshell"
cjg1's Profile Photo

"The Perfect Weekend Away City"
BruceDunning's Profile Photo

"Boston Features the Old and New"

Things To Do Near Hard Rock Cafe

Faneuil Hall - Quincy Market

A visit to Boston HAS TO INCLUDE going to the Faneuil Hall Marketplace! It's amazing! First we will talk about the historical significance of it. In 1742 Peter Faneuil, Boston's wealthiest merchant,...
Things to Do

Personally, I don't shop at Haymarket. I have no need to buy fruit or veggies by the sackful. And the few times I ever did buy produce there, the vendors wouldn't let me touch or select anything on my...

Holocaust Memorial

Located in North End of Boston across the street from Little Italy. The memorial can be seen from afar with it's six glass towers. The towers were erected in 1995. There is a guided tour and also a...

Ghosts and Gravestones tour

When we were in Boston on Halloween we went on a tour of the Granary Burial Grounds in downtown Boston (on the Freedom trail). Costumed actors were giving "creepy" historical tours in the graveyard...
Things to Do

As we made our way to see the USS Constitution, we found ourselves walking along an interesting path and discovered that this was the Harborwalk. We past the Charlestown Bells (see video) and found...

Old State House

What a great idea! To use a landmark as also a metro station is genius! The Old State House is one of the oldest public buildings in the United States, built in 1712-1713. It's one of the landmarks...

Getting to Hard Rock Cafe